Welcome To aBlackWeb

2fvdjy.jpg

Me schooling Silver on Rule #1 Don't save these hoes.

Has anybody posted the source for this 5 month time span explanation yet lol. I'm getting mad just thinking about how that's possible.

Power creator Courtney Kemp came through to afterbuzz and gave some insights on this season/show. Cliff notes:

• Contrary to some people's belief, the twins i.e. Tariq and Raina are indeed Ghost's kids and not Kanan's. Tasha has so many reasons to have beef with Kanan and vice-versa e.g. Kanan killed Shawn (who was Tasha's lover), kidnaps Tariq (ie Tasha's son), Tasha conspired to send Kanan to jail etc
  • Stern is a "casual racist". She likens it to people who would vote for Obama but wouldn't have "a black" in their house
  • People complaining online about Ghost "being different" this season. Ummm....his daughter's just died people! He's still grieving so people need to not expect him to move like season 1-3
  • Ghost has always been an alcoholic
  • Ghost not wanting the reverend to call him "son" comes back to 1) him checking the rev last season about calling him that already and 2) a lil bit of daddy issues. His dad had a club and drunk himself out of business to failure
  • Difficult on timeline of show. The series itself has been 5 months (in the narrative) but they're currently playing Tariq 15 because it wouldn't make sense to have him 12. Tasha is 30, Ghost/Tommy are 35. In the original conception of the show the kids were meant to be older (i.e. 15 already so Tariq would have been being the teenage rebel earlier on than we're now seeing) but because they casted Naturi, they aged down the twins from the original conception
  • Tate is dirty. Politicians are a different type of gangster...
  • The scene with Ghost hemming up Tate at the charity was deliberately orchestrated. The writers have been making the audience root for Ghost to come at Tate all this time but when he does it, we're meant to feel "ooh no...this wasn't the time". Hence the "you know you done fucked up" moment
  • Silver was designed as a "captain save-a-ho" character. He's also meant to represent a talented tenth person. Silver's relationship with Tasha mirrors Angela's to Ghost. In other words they only see or want to see one side of the person
  • Blanca (the latina detective on Angela) was created with a Colombo type character in mind. Courtney gave the sense she might not live long as Blanca is a "white hat" and white hats don't live long typically on the show
  • Everyone has failed Tariq but equally he's made the wrong decisions
  • Angela may look dumb to the audience (e.g. thinking Ghost killed Gregg or recently Tommy being the distro for the Jimenez). People need to remember this is TV and Angela is not in the scenes we all see therefore we the audience know more than her. So for her she's right based on her knowledge
  • Teresi may look now that he's looking out for himself against Tommy but in terms of their relationship, what it is right now is not how it's going to be. Courtney mentions propinquity (the affection that grows from spending time with someone)....I won't say anymore on that but I kind of got the gist of where she was going there
  • Kanan killing the Tainos was always part of the storyline. Adding Kendrick in the crackhead role was a new touch to the plot. Kendrick wanted the character to be a seer, like a magical person but because he was so crazy people couldn't see it (i.e. mental illness but showing flashes of brilliance)
  • Q&As:
  • who cheated first Tasha or Ghost? Depends on what you call cheating. Tasha getting off in the back of the car was to show Tasha's immaturity. But if your definition of cheating is sex, then Ghost...
  • the proximity of deaths to Ghost is getting closer (in reference to if the show is ending or going forward)
  • the casket was not small for Raina, it had to do with the way it was shot i.e. the angle
  • Lobos was nuts but in total control of himself. Diego is nuts but not in control that's why Alicia is there. She's the smart one but needs him because "he's the penis"
  • people saying the writing's not as good (cough some niggas in here cough). Courtney has a theory and that it's because it's not escapist as before. This season is not fun but she's been getting those comments since they put Ghost in jail. It's not as fun as season 1-3. It's not the writing, people say that but they're honoring Raina's death right now. The show is uncomfortable right now because she wants to push the audience for their entertainment. Everyone hates the show by E04 and everyone loves it by E08.
  • Courtney does the research and mostly decision maker on the music for the show
  • Courtney exclusive, the last episode of this season will be almost 75mins (typically its 58:30mins)

Dude posted the video a couple weeks ago. I couldnt believe the shit either when he said it lol.. But its real. If you start at like 15:00 you'll hear it smh

So Tariq went from being babysat by Sean to sippin lean to kidnapped to pullin licks to murder to drug dealer all in 5 months?
Shit. I thought Kane from Menace To Society had a busy ass summer. But the Winter Of Riq is on some epic shit.

Kanan using Tariq like a pawn. Don't understand how the Serbs and Italians letting Kanan in so easy..Diego had to be the easiest cartel leader in history...a guy you don't like throwing you a private party? And you only got one soldier withcu? Good to see Tate get brought back to Earth

That part how they letting a BLACK DUDE get close is so damn dumb. It legit makes me mad

That part how they letting a BLACK DUDE get close is so damn dumb. It legit makes me mad

I think the Serbian dude......Jason...... had some prior connection to Kanaan.

He called him his "old friend" in the scene with him, Kanaan, and Tommy.

But yeah, that scene with Kanaan and the Italian dude a few shows back wasn't realistic at all.

No reason to trust his word on anything unless he knows Kanaan by reputation.

I think the Serbian dude......Jason...... had some prior connection to Kanaan.

He called him his "old friend" in the scene with him, Kanaan, and Tommy.

But yeah, that scene with Kanaan and the Italian dude a few shows back wasn't realistic at all.

No reason to trust his word on anything unless he knows Kanaan by reputation.
he called him old freind because thats how tommy introduced him.

when they met him in the alley...dude asked him who kanaan was.

Silver should come back and send ghost, tasha, tariq, and Angela all to jail

Then Tommy kills silver but then proctor snitches on Tommy

Boom end of the show

Back