Welcome To aBlackWeb

STARZ - Power Book IV: Force (Season 2)

I think this Force story isn't as interesting because it's not as connected to the original Power series

- Ghost II was a continuation of what happens after Tariq kills his dad and tries to get his mom out of prison.....mofos waiting to see how Tariq grows into a future savage.........hell I'm just waiting for this babyface nigga to finally grow some facial hair like a man🙁

-Kanan is an interesting prequel that gives u insight to some of the characters that were in the original Power series.........most fans are oldheads like me who remember what it was like living in the early 90s........we practically waiting to see how a young Tommy and Ghost come into the picture before they all turn into adults

plus they really got the opportunity to play on the family link btw Kanan and Jukebox.....which makes it even more interesting considering what happened in the end

-but this Force story just seems random......they are developing a new storyline that none of the original fans of the Power series would have a real reason to give a fuck about..........like why should I care if there is no possible link for maybe some of the original Power characters to show up?

hence yeah it's Tommy's show, but he aint' interesting enough to carry a whole series by himself IMO

Tommy gon have to evolve into a complete psychopath at some point if they expect mofos to keep interest

This show is dope. It's just you gotta start from the beginning in an all new city with all new characters so it'll take time to adjust for the audience. Like stated earlier book 2 is just a continuation of book 1, book 3 is basically what happened before book 1, while this is like a spinoff story loosely connected to the original.

It'll probably pick up more in season 2 for some of y'all that are naysaying at the moment

Ratings are the best on Stars if cancelled it ll be cuz they want to move that budget around
It never takes this long for 50s shows on Starz to get renewed.. The consensus in the streets is that it's trash.. I haven't seen the ratings though since the premiere.. I know social media isn't always an accurate indicator but this doesn't have any kinda buzz

-but this Force story just seems random......they are developing a new storyline that none of the original fans of the Power series would have a real reason to give a fuck about..........like why should I care if there is no possible link for maybe some of the original Power characters to show up?

hence yeah it's Tommy's show, but he aint' interesting enough to carry a whole series by himself IMO

Tommy gon have to evolve into a complete psychopath at some point if they expect mofos to keep interest

Liliana is from the original Power as well as the Serbs and their continued issues with Tommy. If all that has carried over I don't see why more original characters can't come into play. They keep talking about Kate even though nobody cares. IMO that suggests that original characters could show up and it not be out of place if they choose to write it that way.

It's not far fetched that the Flynn's could reach out to some people in NY asking about who Tommy is and that somehow get back to Tariq because that word get to the Tejada's. Same as the Serbs talking about all the people who just got killed by Tommy.

I'm not sure if that will happen but the possibility is there if they need to do that to save the show by drumming up more interest by bringing in original characters. Especially if that is the complaint they are hearing the most.

Liliana is from the original Power as well as the Serbs and their continued issues with Tommy. If all that has carried over I don't see why more original characters can't come into play. They keep talking about Kate even though nobody cares. IMO that suggests that original characters could show up and it not be out of place if they choose to write it that way.

It's not far fetched that the Flynn's could reach out to some people in NY asking about who Tommy is and that somehow get back to Tariq because that word get to the Tejada's. Same as the Serbs talking about all the people who just got killed by Tommy.

I'm not sure if that will happen but the possibility is there if they need to do that to save the show by drumming up more interest by bringing in original characters. Especially if that is the complaint they are hearing the most.

true....and maybe for me it's Tommy's story combined with the mediocre acting that has me so underwhelmed with this series

in the original Power Tommy went thru all of the emotions that made him an interesting complicated character...........1 min he cool, another min he murdering somebody savagely, another min he crying on his mom, the next min he killing his dad with no feelings over him being a snitch

then the next he kill a dude and then later looks the guy's daughter in face and u can see the guilt as he interacts with the innocent daughter...........then next he's in a straight gun battle only to later see his best friend get murdered.......all that shit was interesting

now it just seems like he want to make new problems and new friends with randoms in a random city, and the fans are supposed to care.......why?

I'd actually like to see Proctor's daughter come back with the mob to try to fuck Tommy up........that serb shit is old beef and can only go so many ways

otherwise until there is some kind of emotional pull, this shit will stay lukewarm IMO

Back