Poll [Spinoff] Is Mase a Legend?

Is Mase a Legend?

• Total voters
Mase is a legend. Im not debating.

Mase got four wildly inconsistent albums.
His entry into hip hop marked one of the worst eras in hip hop prior to the ringtone era.
There was nothing about his flow or style that hadn't been done before.

He was a decent MC that got a break and he ran with it until the wheels fell off... Which happened pretty quickly.

Chicks around my age recite the lyrics to "Scenario" and "I Ain't No Joke" without missing a word and used to dance in the club when "C.R.E.A.M." came on .

There's a difference between females I fucks with and yours.
U at least 10 yrs older tho at least... my generation the shiny suit era and chicks loves Mass shit

Reactions: Big Lurko
U at least 10 yrs older tho at least... my generation the shiny suit era and chicks loves Mass shit

giphy.gif

Nip is not a rap legend but he’s one of favorite just like my nigga Z-Ro

Nip a legend for other shit.

Mase just weak all around

To me...

That verse alone on Mo Money Mo Problems

Make him a legend... dude is sick with the flow

Chicks around my age recite the lyrics to "Scenario" and "I Ain't No Joke" without missing a word and used to dance in the club when "C.R.E.A.M." came on .

There's a difference between females I fucks with and yours.
Them hoes boof switchblades. You can keep em.

Give me the get money fly chics turning up when

rings off

I always look at it like, can the story of hiphop be told without mentioning you? You can't tell the story of hiphop without mentioning Mase.

If you remove the songs Mase made/wrote and the niggas Mase influenced you lose a lot.

That's more about the label he was on than Mase himself.

Harlem World a classic imo, but if he was on Priority, you damn right the story of hip hop could be told w/o mentioning him.

He was in and around some legendary shit but his run wasnt long enough for him to be legendary
He was hot but only 2-3 albums to his name. Really didn't get to make his mark during his prime and when decided to come back via/G-Unit the game had passed him by.

I mean, folks say biggie is a legend under these same circumstances, so why not mase?

:think2:

• Ether
Reactions: rip.dilla
If Mase didn't retire become a preacher then go back to rapping then preach again he could have become a legend.

He only had a 3 year run. Mo money more problems is known as a biggie song ft kelly price.

Too Short is a legend. He birthed the nasty rhymes straight from the streets of Oakland.

He ain't no lyricist but his style and charisma has created longevity.

Goldie said in one of them r&b threads one singer a legend over another cuz they had hits in 3 decades. Well so does Too Short. So how is he not a legend?

Too Short gives great interviews and still can do concerts.

Too Short is a legend Bitch!!