Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spare the rod, spoil the child

Do you believe in spankings?

• Yes

• Fuck no

Results are only viewable after voting.
Did you ever think it may be because that's a phase for his age? I mean not all children will do these things at his age but some do and it doesn't mean something is wrong with him. Which is why doctors have said he's fine because he is. He's 7 right? I think, sorry if I'm wrong though.
Oh his therapist are confident as hell he'll grow out of it.

Everyone is. There's literally nothing wrong with him.

But going through it it's very stressful and expensive. He's at a new school now, and they think I'm the crazy one, cuz he's fucking perfect.

Give it a month when he gets comfortable. And starts feeling entitled to shit. Like he deserves it for some twisted reason

I think all the idealism goes out the window when shit gets this drastic. Man I ain' havin no kids fuck aaaaaallll of that lol
It's a betrayal. First 3 years of his life.... He was the coolest greatest kid alive. Goes to school and losses his damn mind

"countless studies" says that 50K+ years of ever progressing human society was wrong?

giphy.gif

@King Du is there anything in particular that he's fascinated with? A subject, a sport etc?

He might need an alternative value/reward system in place. Something that he can control and master that confers some type of extra benefit/status on him from his peers/parents.

I mean, validation in large amounts for particular tasks runs the risk of turning anyone, kid or adult, into a total douche, but at the same it wouldn't hurt to focus his energy and personality on something defined.

Oh his therapist are confident as hell he'll grow out of it.

Everyone is. There's literally nothing wrong with him.

But going through it it's very stressful and expensive. He's at a new school now, and they think I'm the crazy one, cuz he's fucking perfect.

Give it a month when he gets comfortable. And starts feeling entitled to shit. Like he deserves it for some twisted reason

It could've been the school he was at before. I think lowering your expectations though will help you cope with what he does when he does it.

Also he's still a child, children lie. That's actually completely normal for his age but because you can't stand it, it frustrates you. I'm not saying it's ok to lie at all but I am saying that it's normal.

I'm glad that I don't have kids because I think I won't have the patience if my child challenged my authority lol. My nephew has gotten a lot better since he was younger but he used to question my sister's commands & it seem like my sister will give him 100 times before she whoop him. It used to irritate me, so after he has been told 100 times to do something & he still questions or decides that he is going to do what he want to do, then I'll tell him to come here right quick, snatch him so fast by the collar & tell him to do what his mother intended for him to do. He won't say anything but walk off & do what was told lol. Nowadays, if he act out then I'll just give him a stare, he'll automatically fix his attitude.

When I was young, if your child was bad & you don't believe in whooping them, then my mother won't even babysit them.

Last edited:
@kingdu
seems like a cool dude to me.
the fact him and his wife have a good relationship..du's a father who is trying as well as his wife being a mother whos trying.....is all a kid needs to see.

i think the kid will be ok....he has the support system alot of kids dont have.

look at it like this...better now than when hes 15.....

yall gonna be ok

@King Du is there anything in particular that he's fascinated with? A subject, a sport etc?

He might need an alternative value/reward system in place. Something that he can control and master that confers some type of extra benefit/status on him from his peers/parents.

I mean, validation in large amounts for particular tasks runs the risk of turning anyone, kid or adult, into a total douche, but at the same it wouldn't hurt to focus his energy and personality on something defined.
Absolutely.
He's a fairly good artist. We post his pictures all over the house like an art gallery. I've posted shit on my Facebook. Let him see his stuff in my office.

I've taken his books to school and placed them in safe areas for him for those times he feels "emotionally overwhelmed"

That shit worked for like 3 days

It could've been the school he was at before. I think lowering your expectations though will help you cope with what he does when he does it.

Also he's still a child, children lie. That's actually completely normal for his age but because you can't stand it, it frustrates you. I'm not saying it's ok to lie at all but I am saying that it's normal.
Yea I'm hoping the new school works too

He's black. And emotionally unstable and explosive in a society that is afraid of black men. Especially ones in emotional distress.

This is how I see it. He is doing shit now that will absolutely get him killed in today's world, and it's fucking me up cuz I feel like I'm the only one who sees it

So yeah, I light him up with the belt now, so they won't do it with the lead later.

He's black. And emotionally unstable and explosive in a society that is afraid of black men. Especially ones in emotional distress.

This is how I see it. He is doing shit now that will absolutely get him killed in today's world, and it's fucking me up cuz I feel like I'm the only one who sees it

I know what our men go through but he's a child, not a man. Children ARE emotionally unstable, lol. That's my point. We expect children to have it all together when that is really unrealistic. Whooping him won't stop him from acting out, it won't stop him from growing up and dealing with society as a black man. We put so much pressure on children because of our fears. Our fears of what people think when they see them acting out, our fears on who they will become 20 years from now, our fears on how they will treat others.. I could go on.

I know what our men go through but he's a child, not a man. Children ARE emotionally unstable, lol. That's my point. We expect children to have it all together when that is really unrealistic. Whooping him won't stop him from acting out, it won't stop him from growing up and dealing with society as a black man. We put so much pressure on children because of our fears. Our fears of what people think when they see them acting out, our fears on who they will become 20 years from now, our fears on how they will treat others.. I could go on.
And almost in spite of everything you just typed the principal still called the cops on my 6 year old.

Dude had to sit her down and explain he can't lock up a 6 year old.

She tried tho....

So yea, I'm not even paranoid. There are real life folk who already ready to label him and put him in the system. Already

just put him in something that can harness his energy.

instead of trying to stop it try to re-direct it. combat sports, high impact sports, rap music, crunk dancing, mma, anything.....just dont stifle it.

dont make him a person to fear...make him a person to admire.

that explosiveness can be his meal ticket.

just needs to be re-directed.....

And almost in spite of everything you just typed the principal still called the cops on my 6 year old.

She tried tho....

So yea, I'm not even paranoid. There are real life folk who already ready to label him and put him in the system. Already
black kids are always going to be looked at like more of a problem than what they are.

just put him in something that can harness his energy.

instead of trying to stop it try to re-direct it. combat sports, high impact sports, rap music, crunk dancing, mma, anything.....just dont stifle it.

dont make him a person to fear...make him a person to admire.

that explosiveness can be his meal ticket.

just needs to be re-directed.....
Time and money homie. I work two jobs already.

Which means I have limited time, and need that extra money.

And the wife works too far away. Plus her hours are ignorant. We tried to put him in the white school district by her job. You know she work with kids, so them activities n shit right there at her disposal. Use her grandmother address. They right across the street, and wife's job busses to his school.

ManThese bitches followed her home, and threatened to sue us.

She tried tho....

As I stated before that school may have very well been a problem altogether. Many people that work with children don't even know how to properly deal with children. She is part of the problem. That doesn't mean he didn't do something wrong, it does mean that she had no damn clue how to handle the situation though.

Back