Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spare the rod, spoil the child

Do you believe in spankings?

• Yes

• Fuck no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Theres an ongoing debate about whether or not spanking is an effective parenting tool.

there have been countless studies that suggest hitting your child has severe negative consequences:

-increased aggression
-antisocial behavior
-physical injury
-mental health problems for children

41214AF5-B409-4E5D-93F5-FADB28A990B0.jpeg

(Dr. Stacey Patton is an adoptee, child abuse survivor, and former foster youth turned award-winning author, journalist and child advocate.)

However many argue that spankings work and helped them out later on in life:

What are some of your thoughts on spanking?
Do you think whoopings are effective?
Would you/or do you currently spank your child?
Are you willing to learn alternatives?

Spankings don't work anyway, all you're teaching them is it's ok to use violence when you're angry. Besides how many times have you seen a kid get a spanking and still out and about doing dumb shit

I'm against it.
I just love when people see videos of children "acting out" and go "that child just needs a good ass whooping". As if he doesn't get an ass whooping at home, lol. I truly think people believe the parents who don't spank are the ones with children acting out but from my experience it's the other way around.

Even growing up, the things we got in trouble for were stupid as fuck to me now thinking back as an adult. I'd do something, get whooped and then get in trouble if I cried. It obviously hurt, so now I can't even express that I'm in pain? Fuck outta here.

After having my daughter, I learned it's a communication thing point blank. Our children will go through phases at each age that is appropriate for that age. From the tantrums and tattle telling to the lying.
We have a bunch of grown ass men and women out here who were raised thinking this was ok (spanking and whooping) and can barely express themselves correctly. Who then have children and raise them the very same way and it's like a cycle.

So yeah, I'm against it. Not going to argue about it anddddd
received_1933182253358615.gif

i think it all depends on the child.

not all kids need spankings and not all kids deserve to be spared the rod.

but parents should try to understand this.....

while your parent may have beat your ass....are you honest about what you did that you got that beating? alot of people dont think they deserved it....so they place themselves on an untouchable list. then try to bring that hatred for their own parent into play and not want to be like them so they decide not to beat their own kids. but if they are successful ....is it not what the parent did to instill some type of ethic in them? or are they only focused on the bad? try to understand where your parents frustration came from before saying your parent overreacted.

also you may be so blind to what happened to yourself that are are now blind to all the bad shit your kid is doing..thinking it doesnt mean they deserve a spanking.

the psychology of spanking goes deep.

We have to realize, our children are literally just small people with big feelings. They get overwhelmed like us, they get stressed out just like us. Half of the adults walking around here can't deal with every day life but somehow children should be able to because....they are children?

I'm against it.
I just love when people see videos of children "acting out" and go "that child just needs a good ass whooping". As if he doesn't get an ass whooping at home, lol. I truly think people believe the parents who don't spank are the ones with children acting out but from my experience it's the other way around.

Even growing up, the things we got in trouble for were stupid as fuck to me now thinking back as an adult. I'd do something, get whooped and then get in trouble if I cried. It obviously hurt, so now I can't even express that I'm in pain? Fuck outta here.

After having my daughter, I learned it's a communication thing point blank. Our children will go through phases at each age that is appropriate for that age. From the tantrums and tattle telling to the lying.
We have a bunch of grown ass men and women out here who were raised thinking this was ok (spanking and whooping) and can barely express themselves correctly. Who then have children and raise them the very same way and it's like a cycle.

So yeah, I'm against it. Not going to argue about it anddddd
View attachment 20074
when we have our child.....when they act up...im beating they ass.

but i hope they have your eyes.
happy sunday beautiful. you couch churching today?

when we have our child.....when they act up...im beating they ass.

but i hope they have your eyes.
happy sunday beautiful. you couch churching today?

That'll be the day you get out the house.

I don't go to church.

Some people get happily excited by the mere thought of beating kids. Like it's some kind of joke. The tired nonsense explanation of whippings kept them out of jail always comes up. Also the "I got beat and I turned out okay". I wasn't whipped as a child and I don't beat my children. A punishment shouldn't be one size fits all, a punishment should fit the crime. Rewarding for good is just as important as punishing for bad but some parents can't handle that concept because they won't do anything other than how they themselves were raised.

That'll be the day you get out the house.

I don't go to church.
this my house......you get out. and you better not go to some niggas house.

and leave all my shit i bought...and leave the kid...i aint like your cousin anyway

this my house......you get out. and you better not go to some niggas house.

and leave all my shit i bought...and leave the kid...i aint like your cousin anyway

Yeah, you'd be a problem. Definitely would be the day I became a hit woman.

I am definitely in favor of whoopings by parents. I kinda wish schoolteachers were allowed to still tape 3 rulers together and spank hands when kids were out of pocket. I also kinda wish neighbors were allowed to whoop kids that lived on their block.

I'm probably older than a lot of you, so please believe when I tell you that discipline and respect came mostly from whoopings. This "timeout" shit has caused society to no longer respect their elders, authority, and most importantly, their parents.

Let me add this before I end my post................I never agreed with extension cords, whips, ropes, or other extreme devices for whoopings. Other than a teacher using a ruler, a belt or hand from a parent is all that should be required.

Yeah, you'd be a problem. Definitely would be the day I became a hit woman.

only thing im hitting is dat ass.

i dont touch women....if i gotta jack you up...i gotta be alone.
i can love you from afar...now the new nigga might catch a few strays....

Im not fond of it i wasnt spanked that much but we knew we could get a whopping. Lol i remember i acted a ass in 6th grade. I was 12 dad tried to actually give me a whooping as a last resort. Didnt hurt at all i was like ok.

But a pop on the hand or something aint bad. But im not into public humiliation like shaving kids heads and shit like that.

Back