Welcome To aBlackWeb

Spare the rod, spoil the child

Do you believe in spankings?

• Yes

• Fuck no

Results are only viewable after voting.
The problem comes into play when it goes overboard and theres no love along with the discipline. You got ppl who don't take the time to parent their kids, guide em, but wanna beat the shit outta of em.

Then you got bad ass kids who feel they dont have to respect anybody that will only respond to an ass whoopin. I didnt whoop my kids often but when I did it they had it coming. A child will push that line amd some times its only so much talking and taking things they gone respect. Remember they're children not rational adults

I never had a "bad" whooping.

Never had a bruise, mark on my body, a sore non of that. My mother didn't call me names or try to tear me down.

I got belt to bare ass, and they prolly stopped when I was like 11.

And I absolutely think they helped me

Spankings dont work imo. Obedience through fear doesnt sit well with me. Yeah you might beat me into submission but I will never respect you. So I raised my girls differently. I lived how I live practicing being a good human with good behaviors. Not perfect so obviously I've fucked up many times, still do but practicing always it what ultimately matters.

If you give kids the options to choose being good or bad, some choose being bad like my oldest and some choose being good. Oldest gave me grief like a mf, had therapists involved and finally I told them I've read a shit ton of books and if YOU have the secret way that makes a human choose to be good on their own, please let me know. They sent me home with my daughter. Dats right, send me home to deal with what I created on my own, good day.

She good now, being a productive member of society but I was sure I fucked up royally not beating their asses. Turns out you dont have to spank kids for them to turn out fine. Well mine did anyway.

This is catch 22 territory for me

At this point in my life, I'm not gonna judge to if you decide to spank your child

Notice I don't say beat. I'm not for abusing children at all.

I fully understand there may come a time where talking and reasoning simply do not work but throw in a reasonable amount of spanking might yield the desired outcome

I don't agree w spanking for everything or even semi often but rather for rare instances. If your child doesn't get whooped often I think they are more likely to learn when they do get whooped.

For some children it helps them realize the severity of what they did/were about to do.

For those children that are unresponsive to it obviously u gotta look for other ways to discipline.

My son doing better now....

He still has his moments, and I'm sure anxiety will come back when school gets to normal.... But he's doing much better in summer camp

I can't say definitively if its bad or good in the long run. I do know that when kids are young, sometimes it's the only thing that phases them. I've seen parents who brag about not spanking their kids and those kids run over them.

I will say that black parents tend to spank longer than they should. I haven't spanked my 7 year old in a long time. She's old enough that I can speak to her and reason with her beyond that. I still spank my 4 year old occasionally, but only when she does something dangerous that we've told her not to do.

I think what's worse than spanking is how its done. A lot of parents spank in a rage and take their anger out on the kids. I can't lie. I've done that before, and the reaction from the child is much different when you do that vs when you more calmly administer the punishment.

I'll say personally, my son is 11. I've spanked him maybe 10 times in life. I really reserve that shit not for situations where he's just fucking up or misbehaving or whatever. I reserve it for the rare occurrences when he does some shit that makes me say to myself 'Ohhh, ok. He knows what he's doing and he thinks this shit is a GAME! Ok cool.'

Parents stopped hitting me around 9-10. Then started just taking shit away from me or ignoring me completely and giving me the silent treatment.

Neither worked lol.

If I ever have a child I'm really not trying to hit them. Seems wack to me. I feel guilty just play fighting with my nephew sometimes. I don't want to hurt him or for him to be scared of me. Fuck that.

Parents stopped hitting me around 9-10. Then started just taking shit away from me or ignoring me completely and giving me the silent treatment.

Neither worked lol.

If I ever have a child I'm really not trying to hit them. Seems wack to me. I feel guilty just play fighting with my nephew sometimes. I don't want to hurt him or for him to be scared of me. Fuck that.

Dog it got to the point that if I got in trouble, I would HOPE she spanked me. Or HOPED she took my tv away. If she took a nigga Ninja Turtles away though???

I was in the room SICK. Lol

Can you find me the version of 5 on it i like again? YouTube being a bitch.

Shit my bad @B_A

i meant to respond to this. Did i find it last time? I dont remember this but maybe I did my memory trash

was it the remix?

Shit my bad @B_A

i meant to respond to this. Did i find it last time? I dont remember this but maybe I did my memory trash

was it the remix?
Well i thought it was you ☹ yes the remix but a specific one, the one where theyre driving to store and one guy in the car is like " yo wtf is wrong witchu "

Well i thought it was you ☹ yes the remix but a specific one, the one where theyre driving to store and one guy in the car is like " yo wtf is wrong witchu "

you talking bout the bay area remix where dude is talking at the end i think. the regular video got a car scene but aint no talking in it

Back