Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just came back an hour ago It was cool looking forward to the next one..

So comic book purist is Venom an anti hero or?? im not familiar with the story but of course ive had a general awareness of him didnt stay after credits what i miss

Just came back an hour ago It was cool looking forward to the next one..

So comic book purist is Venom an anti hero or?? im not familiar with the story but of course ive had a general awareness of him didnt stay after credits what i miss
Venom with Eddie Brock is a anti-hero who still hates Spiderman when venom was with Flash Gordon he was hero who likes Spiderman. Venom with Mac (aka Scorpion) he's a bad guy hates Spiderman and everyone else.

Just got back from seeing it. It was cool for what Sony had to work with. After hardy's comments about how much they cut from the movie, it definitely felt like there was some unexplained things. The symbiote fight was cool. The end credits scene was dope af.

Not as bad as critic reviews. Nothing amazing. Probably wont have a lot of replay value unless they release a directors cut or something. I am interested in a sequel though.

Just got back from seeing it. It was cool for what Sony had to work with. After hardy's comments about how much they cut from the movie, it definitely felt like there was some unexplained things. The symbiote fight was cool. The end credits scene was dope af.

Not as bad as critic reviews. Nothing amazing. Probably wont have a lot of replay value unless they release a directors cut or something. I am interested in a sequel though.
As always i manage my expectations in the intro movies because because you know the second one is gonna be crazy but they definitely could have gave more background

It's too many "critics" who keep comparing this to MCU movies instead of judging it on it's own merit.

Glad that's not happening here.

I'd give it a 6/10. It's wasn't great but far from horrible. I'd watch it again if/when it comes to Netflix or Hulu.

No, they didn't.

They have great movies, good movies, and extremely mediocre movies like any other studio.

It's brand loyalty that you're thinking with.

I don't even think it's brand loyalty... its one(Sony) having a proven track record of shitty uninspired movies that stray waaaaaay off of the source material in order to try to cash in at the box office over and over again.

They have fucked up so many times and keep trying it over again and expecting fans to continue to support. Similar to how Fox has been doing with the Xmen franchise

I don't even think it's brand loyalty... its one(Sony) having a proven track record of shitty uninspired movies that stray waaaaaay off of the source material in order to try to cash in at the box office over and over again.

They have fucked up so many times and keep trying it over again and expecting fans to continue to support. Similar to how Fox has been doing with the Xmen franchise
It's the same thing.

I generally hate what Sony is doing too. They won't sell the rights back to Marvel for no other reason than its potential to make money.

But that's still sidelining the point of judging a movie on its own merit. What do the Sam Raimi and Marc Web movies have to do with how good or bad this completely unrelated movie is?

Last edited:
It's the same thing.

I generally hate what Sony is doing too. They won't sell the rights back to Marvel for no other reason than its potential to make money.

But that's still sidelining the point of judging a movie on its own merit. Why would you throw the Sam Raimi and Marc Web movies have to do with how good or bad this completely unrelated movie is?

Nah I got beef with Avi Arad lol

He's the one that wanted to shoe-horn venom into spiderman 3 along with all the other villains and forced it into that movie instead of letting Sam Raimi do his thing...

and here we are again with fuckin Avi Arad being a producer on this new Venom film.. which has absolutely NOTHING to do with Spiderman... cuz... fuck it why not.. never mind the fact that Eddie Brock and Venoms hate for spiderman/peter parker are defining characteristics and the main driving points for the damn character starting off

Nah I got beef with Avi Arad lol

He's the one that wanted to shoe-horn venom into spiderman 3 along with all the other villains and forced it into that movie instead of letting Sam Raimi do his thing...

and here we are again with fuckin Avi Arad being a producer on this new Venom film.. which has absolutely NOTHING to do with Spiderman... cuz... fuck it why not.. never mind the fact that Eddie Brock and Venoms hate for spiderman/peter parker are defining characteristics and the main driving points for the damn character starting off
Now you're talking about what's comic accurate versus whether or not Venom's origin worked or not.

It did, regardless of the fact it isn't from the comics.

Now you're talking about what's comic accurate versus whether or not Venom's origin worked or not.

It did, regardless of the fact it isn't from the comics.

That wasnt the main point I was trying to drive home.. it was simply my annoyance with letting people who clearly dont give a shit about the property continually head up the production of its films.

Sony has a proven track record of getting in it's own way for the sake of making a quick buck as opposed to trying to make a quality film that while it may not be 100% in line with the comic origins.. is still faithful enough to the source material that everybody can enjoy it..

Marvel does take it's liberties with certain origins and details of characters but they still try to make quality movies on each of their outings and dont seem to be on some "yeah sure if we fuck this one up.. we can just reboot it......... AGAIN" shit like Sony and Fox do.

Fox and Sony at some point were just churning out bullshit JUST so they could retain the rights to the movies knowing that fans would still go out and give it a chance.. and it shows with every effort they put out

That wasnt the main point I was trying to drive home.. it was simply my annoyance with letting people who clearly dont give a shit about the property continually head up the production of its films.

Sony has a proven track record of getting in it's own way for the sake of making a quick buck as opposed to trying to make a quality film that while it may not be 100% in line with the comic origins.. is still faithful enough to the source material that everybody can enjoy it..

Marvel does take it's liberties with certain origins and details of characters but they still try to make quality movies on each of their outings and dont seem to be on some "yeah sure if we fuck this one up.. we can just reboot it......... AGAIN" shit like Sony and Fox do.

Fox and Sony at some point were just churning out bullshit JUST so they could retain the rights to the movies knowing that fans would still go out and give it a chance.. and it shows with every effort they put out
I agree with you more about Sony than Fox.

My original point though is that people are trying to railroad this movie unfairly. Even calling it a 6/10 film, im still glad I went and I generally enjoyed it.

Im no marvel fan boy. But marvel raised the standard. Other super hero movies gotta step up.
Exactly. The original Avengers was the best comic based movie when it came out. No movie before captured the feel of the comics, world, characters and lore like that before. Even how it was directed from the pacing to the action was the best adaptation of a comic. It was a good movie too. It was not another popcorn flick.

Sony and other studios have shown time and time again to always put money over substance which in turn makes for bad movies that often upset fans. Look at the X-Men franchise when they ran it or the Spiderman franchise. They often neglect the source material and choose to do loose adaptations of the source material rather than just following it. This is why the prior batman movies were terrible and why Superman has been trying to make a comeback for the last 40 years but hasn't been able to due to a string of terrible Superman movies.
You are right, but Fox had X-Men, not Sony.

if we are being honest pretty much all the superman movies were wack .. the first two were ok because it was og shit But Man of Steel was Goat level shit..

It's too many "critics" who keep comparing this to MCU movies instead of judging it on it's own merit.

Glad that's not happening here.

I'd give it a 6/10. It's wasn't great but far from horrible. I'd watch it again if/when it comes to Netflix or Hulu.

This.

I didn't go in trying to compare it to the others. Nor was I hoping it would tie into Spiderman. So I'm not sure why anyone would get mad that it didn't. EVERY Marvel...or DC character doesn't always have to be tied together. Nothing wrong wit a character standing out on it's own.

It was a good "intro" movie. Plus it gives them the opportunity to improve on the next movie.

This.

I didn't go in trying to compare it to the others. Nor was I hoping it would tie into Spiderman. So I'm not sure why anyone would get mad that it didn't. EVERY Marvel...or DC character doesn't always have to be tied together. Nothing wrong wit a character standing out on it's own.

It was a good "intro" movie. Plus it gives them the opportunity to improve on the next movie.
Venom only exists because of Spider-Man. That is his original origin. Where do you think he got his powers from? That would be like making a Robin or Nightwing movie and not tying it to Batman. Venom does not have his own original Universe. Batman and Superman exist in their own Universe.

Back