Welcome To aBlackWeb

Just saw it with a group of friends, we all came out of it saying its wasnt no where near as bad those reviews that completely over exaggerated it. Its not great buts its decent, slick hyped after the after credit scene.

I felt the exact same way. Maybe if I wouldn’t have read the reviews I would have felt a different way about the movie but honestly it wasn’t that bad.

Ive been told in the past by a lot of my family, friends and coworkers that I’m pretty harsh on judging movies

Last edited:
This is what their problem is. They don't read the source material and follow it. They just take ideas and run off them and it turns out for a shitty movie that's disconnected from fans and in turn gets bad reviews.

Disney Marvel does its homework and you see it in their movies due to how layered and well connected everything is. Even down to the Easter eggs. Disney Marvel does a great job with their films because they think about quality first not dollar signs. All of Sony's superhero films are just uninspiring and wack. Venom and Tom Hardy are really difficult to fuck up but not with Sony at the helm. Same thing with Wolverine and the X-MEN. Marvel is gonna make X-Men into the best superhero movie and franchise ever assembled.....
Columbia is the studio that actually makes the movies. I think its past time Sony shuts them down.

If this shit succeeds in the box office the "fans" have no one to blame but themselves...

Let this shit flop and send a message to Sony that we don't want their uninspired ass movie adaptations anymore

I still could flop in the long run, but I just seen on Box Office Mojo that it's gonna have a 70-80 mill opening weekend.

I still could flop in the long run, but I just seen on Box Office Mojo that it's gonna have a 70-80 mill opening weekend.

smfh. I think the budget was 100mil for it too..

lol fuck it. The "fans" deserve whatever bullshit Sony keeps feeding them then since they wanna support this garbage...

As long as they continue to let Marvel handle Spiderman with no interference...

The ones bitching did yall see the damn movie or making observations from other minds?? It looks like besides 1 everybody who seen it here thought the reviews yall seeing were beyond bullshit. Its a decent flick and hopefully has a Cap 2 turn around with what they set up for 2.

Also IGN got a new article up that about the hate the movie got in its reviews being overboard.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/06/in-defense-of-venom-movie-reviews-critics

Last edited:
Man movie was coo, people got trolled my some lady gaga fans. Enjoyment level dependent on how much you like the interpretation of venom in the movie. 1st half before venom shows up is definitely straight, we all know Tom hardy can act.

The ones bitching did yall see the damn movie or making observations from other minds?? It looks like besides 1 everybody who seen it here thought the reviews yall seeing were beyond bullshit. Its a decent flick and hopefully has a Cap 2 turn around with what they set up for 2.

Also IGN got a new article up that about the hate the movie got in its reviews being overboard.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/06/in-defense-of-venom-movie-reviews-critics
I am not commenting on the quality of the movie and I will not watch it until it is on TV, but I don't like how they handled both Spider-Man and Ghost Rider. SO I have no faith in this movie and I do not like the fact that Venom is not connected to Spider-Man. This movie just is not interesting at all personally.

I am not commenting on the quality of the movie and I will not watch it until it is on TV, but I don't like how they handled both Spider-Man and Ghost Rider. SO I have no faith in this movie and I do not like the fact that Venom is not connected to Spider-Man. This movie just is not interesting at all personally.
I bet if u go give it a shot it will blow some of your expectations now

Almost talked myself into going to see this last night. Ended up watching the Lakers and UFC. Might catch a matinee today if I finish Blacklist.

Are you cats saying it's decent because you expected trash and it wasn't complete ass? Or is this simply a good comic book movie?

It was definitely entertaining, for an intro movie it was straight. Movies these days are always setting up for the sequel and Venom was no different. Could it have tied a little more into SpiderMan...yes, but I expect that to happen later. I dont see a series of movies JUST about Venom being sustainable.

Almost talked myself into going to see this last night. Ended up watching the Lakers and UFC. Might catch a matinee today if I finish Blacklist.

Are you cats saying it's decent because you expected trash and it wasn't complete ass? Or is this simply a good comic book movie?

This is what I suspect. Or maybe I can see it bein' good in a Street Fighter the Movie kinda way

I gave it a 6.5/10.
I enjoyed the movie while watching it (although I had minor issues). Hardy was good as Brock. The dynamic between him and the Symbiote was dope.

But once the credits rolled, I was underwhelmed. Feels like something is missing. A lot of it felt rushed. It didn't feel like there was anything at stake. Nothing seemed to matter enough because so much of new was just told thru exposition and should have been conveyed differently.

Upgrade did a better job but it is still solid.

It was definitely entertaining, for an intro movie it was straight. Movies these days are always setting up for the sequel and Venom was no different. Could it have tied a little more into SpiderMan...yes, but I expect that to happen later. I dont see a series of movies JUST about Venom being sustainable.

Why? Unless you think Sony is gonna reboot their own Spider-Man, He's basically apart of the Marvel MCU

If you're not familiar with Venom or Marvel comics you'll prolly like it.

This is EXACTLY the problem and why I'm on some fuck Sony films shit.

They stay making generic bullshit movies that will appeal to whoever the fuck is bored enough to give the film a chance instead of trying to make a great movie that folks familiar with the source material and folks that arent can equally enjoy

Back