Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Would you being able to terminate a person for being a pedo or someone who likes underage kids? if you as an employer found out that this person likes underage kids or animals??

I'm just asking...
i dont know.
nor do i want to know.

i think we can allow this to die now.

why yall not putting this in the Rayshard Brooks thread?

Because every week there's another cop killing one of us. At this rate there will be 10 threads on the front page. Might as well keep them all together.

As a police officer in a small Oregon town in 2004, Sean Sullivan was caught kissing a 10-year-old girl on the mouth.
Mr. Sullivan’s sentence barred him from taking another job as a police officer.
But three months later, in August 2005, Mr. Sullivan was hired, after a cursory check, not just as a police officer on another force but as the police chief. As the head of the department in Cedar Vale, Kan., according to court records and law enforcement officials, he was again investigated for a suspected sexual relationship with a girl and eventually convicted on charges that included burglary and criminal conspiracy.
“It was very irritating because he should never have been a police officer,” said Larry Markle, the prosecutor for Montgomery and Chautauqua counties in Kansas.
Mr. Sullivan, 44, is now in prison in Washington State on other charges, including identity theft and possession of methamphetamine. It is unclear how far-reaching such problems may be, but some experts say thousands of law enforcement officers may have drifted from police department to police department even after having been fired, forced to resign or convicted of a crime.
Yet there is no comprehensive, national system for weeding out problem officers. If there were, such hires would not happen, criminologists and law enforcement officials say.
Officers, sometimes hired with only the most perfunctory of background examinations — as Kansas officials said was the case with Mr. Sullivan — and frequently without even having their fingerprints checked, often end up in new trouble, according to a review of court documents, personnel records and interviews with former colleagues and other law enforcement officials.

We not supposed to do a one at a time with civil rights bruh

You can't just throw everything and the wall and hope something sticks. That's not what they did during the Civil Rights movement. They focused on voting first. Then they focused on ending segregation. Then, if King handn't died, they were going to start tackling socio-economic matters. They didn't have people taking the steam out of one issue to address completely separate issues. Again, it's one thing for leaders to have an internal discussion about what matters need to be pushed so they can plan accordingly. It's another matter altogether to have people screaming out "Why aren't you doing this?" and "Why aren't you doing that?" while you're literally in the process of trying to make your case for something. This is why blacks as a community haven't accomplished shit since the Civil Rights movement. We're too busy turning on each other for absolutely no reason.

Because every week there's another cop killing one of us. At this rate there will be 10 threads on the front page. Might as well keep them all together.

This shit is damn near 400 pages long... makes more sense(to me anyway) to separate things and keep this thread about the overall shit that's happening to combat police killing us... protests, pressure being applied to lawmakers, defunding the police efforts etc. *shrugs*

Folks that’s talking bout black trans/gay life matters sound like them all lives folks.

It’s says black. So if your fucking black you’re fucking included.
Exactly Black is black period.
I'm tired of seeing Black People explaining white supremacy to white people, white people know what the fuck it is.

THEY KNOW WHAT RACISM IT BUT MOST DONT KNOW WHAT WHITE SUPREMACY IS AND THE DEPTHS OF IT.

Last edited:
Back