Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I think this is the first time I've ever seen a black female police officer of her age in my life. The amount of shit she must have had to put up with, man.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some truth to that.

Biden only got in the race to get Trump out of office.

He didn't plan on having to deal with Covid and police reform.
as long as we get trump out......
not voting is like giving trump two votes and being ok where the country is and where its heading.
even if you believe voting is rigged...at least you tried to do something.

Former co-worker of George Floyd and Derek Chauvin claims they 'bumped heads' in the past

Stephen Proctor
Yahoo Entertainment
June 10, 2020, 3:15 am

On the CBS special, Justice for All hosted by Gayle King, George Floyd’s brother Philonise said he believes Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged with second-degree murder in Floyd’s death, knew exactly who Floyd was as he pressed his knee into his neck. Not only that, Philonise said he believed it was personal, and he’s not the only one who sees it that way.

Both Floyd and Chauvin used to work security at El Nuevo Rodeo, a nightclub in Minneapolis that was burned to the ground in recent riots. Floyd worked security inside, while Chauvin was paid to sit in his squad car outside the club when he was off-duty. Former co-worker David Pinney said that not only did Floyd and Chauvin know each other, but they had a contentious history.

“They bumped heads,” Pinney said, adding, “It has a lot to do with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue.”
“Is there any doubt in your mind that Derek Chauvin knew George Floyd?” CBS correspondent Jeff Pegues asked. “No, he knew him,” Pinney replied. “How well did he know him?” “I’d say pretty well.”

Chauvin had a history of complaints against him, and the former owner of the club, Maya Santamaria, was not surprised by what she saw in the video, except that it went as far as it did.

“I was not surprised when I initially saw his knee on his neck, to be honest,” Santamaria said. “Because I’ve seen Chauvin do stuff along those lines. What surprised me was that he didn’t stop right away once George was obviously, ya know, saying, ‘OK, OK.’”

Santamaria also believes race was an issue for Chauvin.

“Do you think Derek had a problem with black people?” Santamaria was asked. She replied, “I think he was afraid and intimidated.”

Lol @Race Jones last night and her foolishness

Anyhoo I feel another civil war coming. These rednecks losing their mind over the NASCAR banishing the rebel flag
Nah, the nation isn't as divided as it once was geographically for that.

Expect smaller pockets of resistance and espionage than a full out war

im sorry this post sucks lmao. ppl have been protesting in this country for centuries and the needle never moved.

more is being done now because niggas across the country let it be known they will set shit on fire and take what rightfully belongs to them. lets be clear. all 50 states saw what happens when ppl are fed up!

direct action including looting is what is turning the tide. not niggas running to the ballot box.

I hate when people say shit like the bold. The needle has moved, and there is no arguing that. Your ass ain't still in the field working 10 hours a day against your will and getting raped by Massa with no fucks given by anyone. You can take a road trip nowadays and not have to worry about having to find a nice tree to squat at because none of the establishments you pass in a particular stretch of the country have facilities for black people.

You can argue that the change hasn't happened fast enough and that we are still dealing with things that we shouldn't be after all this time. That sounds right to say, and we would all agree with that sentiment. But realistically, what are you comparing the timeline to? Can you give an example in human history where social changes of the magnitude we're looking for happened at a quicker pace? If not, how can you really say that the efforts being put into action aren't working?

I'm not saying that we should just keep going with things as they are. We should constantly adjust our strategies. I'm just saying that I get tired of some people going overboard with the rhetoric and implying that we're still in the same position as we were 200. Not a single person on this forum would trade being a black person in America now for being a black person in the 1920s or 1820s. People out there protesting and some are getting attacked by the police. In the 1960s, all of them were getting attacked by the police and there wasn't any outrage about it like there is now.

deflee a race war is a brewing

everyday white ppl are about to start acting like law enforcement watch.

*cough* Ahmaud Arbery *cough*

I doubt a race war is coming, but I do think some of these far right nutjobs are about to start back up with that homegrown American terrorism.

I agree, but to take it a step further I'd say "because more people showed up to riot than they have to vote..."

...it sends a message that's heard immediately.

Well to to say that it only my work because of white people then because they are the ones out there ducking shit up across America

Remember white folks are deep out there

Back