Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I hate when people say shit like the bold. The needle has moved, and there is no arguing that. Your ass ain't still in the field working 10 hours a day against your will and getting raped by Massa with no fucks given by anyone. You can take a road trip nowadays and not have to worry about having to find a nice tree to squat at because none of the establishments you pass in a particular stretch of the country have facilities for black people.

You can argue that the change hasn't happened fast enough and that we are still dealing with things that we shouldn't be after all this time. That sounds right to say, and we would all agree with that sentiment. But realistically, what are you comparing the timeline to? Can you give an example in human history where social changes of the magnitude we're looking for happened at a quicker pace? If not, how can you really say that the efforts being put into action aren't working?

I'm not saying that we should just keep going with things as they are. We should constantly adjust our strategies. I'm just saying that I get tired of some people going overboard with the rhetoric and implying that we're still in the same position as we were 200. Not a single person on this forum would trade being a black person in America now for being a black person in the 1920s or 1820s. People out there protesting and some are getting attacked by the police. In the 1960s, all of them were getting attacked by the police and there wasn't any outrage about it like there is now.

the needle moved because you can drive to Montana without getting your ass beat? i couldn't get past the first paragraph

the needle moved because you can drive to Montana without getting your ass beat? i couldn't get past the first paragraph

Yes. If a white woman gets slick with you, you can slap the shit out of her and probably walk away from that encounter without consequence. If you had done that 100 years ago, you probably would have been hanged and set on fire. If you don't see the difference there, I don't know what to tell you.

He mixed lol

Bruh, everybody on the forum knows I'm mixed. I'm not sure why you keep bring that up all by itself as if that in itself is any kind of argument. It's clown shit.

Yes. If a white woman gets slick with you, you can slap the shit out of her and probably walk away from that encounter without consequence. If you had done that 100 years ago, you probably would have been hanged and set on fire. If you don't see the difference there, I don't know what to tell you.

Bruh, everybody on the forum knows I'm mixed. I'm not sure why you keep bring that up all by itself as if that in itself is any kind of argument. It's clown shit.

youre mixed with what? i didnt know that tbh

this is what happens when you make your money work for you.

at this point Lebron is his own brand.
he doesnt need to watch his tongue to not mess up the bag or to please massa.

he worked his ass off and mastered his craft and outside of that created multiple streams of income while giving back to his community and no one can stop him....

i hated early in his career but grown to respect his movements.
NH just in case

youre mixed with what? i didnt know that tbh

My dad was raised thinking he was white. It turns out that he's actually less than half white, which makes me less that a quarter white which isn't really any different than the average African American. I was raised around the black side of my family with the white side living 10 hours away. I've always lived in majority black communities, gone to majority black schools, had exclusively black social circles, and no one (especially whites) even knows I'm mixed with anything until I tell them or they happen to see a picture of some of my white relatives. People can argue with me because they don't like what I say and can call me a coon because I disagree. That's fine, but that nigga constantly pulling the "he's mixed" card is weak. As I've said before, I probably put less thought into white people and what they do than anyone on this forum.

the majority of yall nig nogs cant fight which is why youre always barking on women. i suggest you start training. we dont need any weaklings on our side.

dry your liberal tears and mask up
tenor.gif

My dad was raised thinking he was white. It turns out that he's actually less than half white, which makes me less that a quarter white which isn't really any different than the average African American. I was raised around the black side of my family with the white side living 10 hours away. I've always lived in majority black communities, gone to majority black schools, had exclusively black social circles, and no one (especially whites) even knows I'm mixed with anything until I tell them or they happen to see a picture of some of my white relatives. People can argue with me because they don't like what I say and can call me a coon because I disagree. That's fine, but that nigga constantly pulling the "he's mixed" card is weak. As I've said before, I probably put less thought into white people and what they do than anyone on this forum.

can we see what you look like?

Back