Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

I don't understand this sentiment. You're not going to get rid of cops completely. That's not going to happen because like it or not, crime exists, and cops serve a function. You can abolish the police force, but something will rise to take it's place, so in essence all you're really going to be doing is reforming it.

This kinda mixed messaging is why good ideas get thrown to the wayside. The people who say that police departments should be defunded and mean that part of those funds should go to other people to enable them to do jobs that cops shouldn't be doing anyway (i.e., mental health responses) and to stop cops from buying up a ton of military gear with discretionary funds might actually have something. The people that are saying that the police force as an institution should be completely removed are crazy.

it touches a great lake.......fresh water ...not salted like ocean.

why yall shitting on my dream.

i like to dream.
you mfs like waking people up when they sleep and smiling.

We gotta wake you up. You about to sleepwalk into one of those lakes you like so much.

I don't understand this sentiment. You're not going to get rid of cops completely. That's not going to happen because like it or not, crime exists, and cops serve a function. You can abolish the police force, but something will rise to take it's place, so in essence all you're really going to be doing is reforming it.

This kinda mixed messaging is why good ideas get thrown to the wayside. The people who say that police departments should be defunded and mean that part of those funds should go to other people to enable them to do jobs that cops shouldn't be doing anyway (i.e., mental health responses) and to stop cops from buying up a ton of military gear with discretionary funds might actually have something. The people that are saying that the police force as an institution should be completely removed are crazy.

That shit was stupid as fuck.

the entire post was dumb

We gotta wake you up. You about to sleepwalk into one of those lakes you like so much.
you aint gotta wake me up.....i been on my shit for my folk.

i said constantly it was a dream damn it.

but since i live in reality........which still seems like a dream to some.

Don’t let folks fool y’all.

Voting matters because if it didn’t shit like this wouldn’t happen

Voting is super important.

But i love the fuck voting people like @Race Jones @IC_Refugee and @5th Letter. Fuck around and put fear in the democratic party that more and more black people are getting to the point of saying fuck voting. Democrats have no path of success without the black vote. Its very beneficial to have people put the fear into them that even if the majority of black people arent in the fuck voting camp yet, the movement is growing.

That fear will force them to make changes, not cause its the right thing to do, but to survive.

Voting is still super important though. Go out and vote.

Voting is super important.

But i love the fuck voting people like @Race Jones @IC_Refugee and @5th Letter. Fuck around and put fear in the democratic party that more and more black people are getting to the point of saying fuck voting. Democrats have no path of success without the black vote. Its very beneficial to have people put the fear into them that even if the majority of black people arent in the fuck voting camp yet, the movement is growing.

That fear will force them to make changes, not cause its the right thing to do, but to survive.

Voting is still super important though. Go out and vote.

That becuase. And yea. Ima bout to say this.

Black folks don’t do enough voting at the local level. We ain’t shit for that

Back