Welcome To aBlackWeb

So you protesting the NFL but you still watch college football? Oh ok

I remember them threatening it and scaring the isht out of the NCAA. Haven't heard much since so I figured the NCAA threw a whole bunch of money at them. Are they still in serious discussion of doing this?
probably not

aint Notre Dame still independent when it comes to football?

Well football is a different beast. The vast majority of hs football players are not physically ready to play pro ball. So a guy to jump from HS str8 to NFL is slim.

But I think a d-league is feasiable. For those guys that are ready to play D1 ball immediately...
the reason i ask is b/c who's gonna watch this as a product to the point where they go out, and spend money on tickets, merch ,etc...

Football being such an expensive sport to play/finance is one of the reasons the NCAA is sitting so pretty on this subject.

That could be the one thing that gets football player paid, the NCAA capitulating in order to save college basketball from a viable replacement. That may be a hope.

The power five schools have plenty money between them to finance thier own league...

These TV deals alone are worth billions bruh. Then you got merchandising etc. In reality they dont need the NCAA....its the reverse

the reason i ask is b/c who's gonna watch this as a product to the point where they go out, and spend money on tickets, merch ,etc...

If the NFL backed it financially I think it could work. Hell the farm system in baseball already got the blueprint

Notre Dame would gladly join the BIG 10 imo if the power 5 actually did split from the NCAA
isnt the lure they stay independent is b/c they have an exclusive TV deal with NBC and they have it set to if they win 10 games, they are a shoe in for one of the BCS games or some shit?

I also think that it wouldnt be a mass exodus of high school players going to the d-league for football...

Most of the rosters would still be guys from college who didnt get drafted or players who have been in the league for 3yrs or less who didnt make the final 53

isnt the lure they stay independent is b/c they have an exclusive TV deal with NBC and they have it set to if they win 10 games, they are a shoe in for one of the BCS games or some shit?

They could still do that without the NCAA. The NCAA is just a governing body for the most part.

They really arent needed. The power 5 can separate and hire a commissioner and he would basically work for the Universities Presidents

Just like Goodell works for the owners.

Now...that would open up the possiblities of players unions etc.

True

But they still operate in a very archaic way with their approach to paying these "amateurs". It's still a level of hypocrisy imo. There are serious issues with the way the ncaa conduct themselves as it relates to the compensation of it's participants

They are considered "amateur" athletes so the colleges could not be held accountable in case they get hurt...

and miss me with that free education shit....they getting pimped...

Back