Welcome To aBlackWeb

So you protesting the NFL but you still watch college football? Oh ok

Well white people got Nike stock to drop over night.

They know how to boycott

Perfect example of the bullshit:

Right now there is a RB for BYU that raps. Git a mixtape out and everything...guess what...if sells that mixtape...its a violation...he is ineligable.

An athlete making money off of rapping has ZERO to do with football...so how is that a violation.

Same shit with a guy that had a popular youtube channel...he got enough subscribers to start to make money...guess what the NCAA said...”stop the channel or dont play football”

BULLSHIT.

To be real.

A lot of niggas that play college ball would be able to get in college if it wasn’t was ball.

They get money money believe it or not. They just don’t get enough.

To be real.

A lot of niggas that play college ball would be able to get in college if it wasn’t was ball.

They get money money believe it or not. They just don’t get enough.

So?

That justifies the NCAA owning them for at least 4 years.

The cold thing is tho...

These athletes still have to meet the minimum requirements of the university to be accepted.

Why you think some players go to JUCO or prep school?

The NFL product is trash, felt that way and had been losing interest before Kap even started kneeling. Id check for the Cowboys but really if it wasn't for fantasy football I wouldnt even pay attention until the playoffs.

I can't explain it but College football is just better to me in every way, the recruiting process, the atmosphere, the fans, games, pretty much everything except for the post season usually

So?

That justifies the NCAA owning them for at least 4 years.

The cold thing is tho...

These athletes still have to meet the minimum requirements of the university to be accepted.

Why you think some players go to JUCO or prep school?

They know how the game goes when you in college, they willingly accept and sign those papers. Can't get upset when you know beforehand

college education is being ruled obsolete in a lot of fields..

u gotta come harder than " a free education" in 2018, when sports team are a majority of the schools revenue

they are related b/c there is unfairness in both leagues

Unfairness? That's what you call Kap being blackballed for trying to bring attention to issues affecting the black community? I'm feeling that your argument is disingenuous by this answer.

To answer your question, yes I do have a problem with coaches making millions while players don't get paid. But that's a smaller issue when it comes to college football.

Anyway you try to slice it its wrong.

And on another note...

The “dumb jock” narrative needs to die as well.

These dude aint dumb.

The American education system is not a measure of ones intellect...its work ethic.

You can be the smartest nigga...if you dont do the work you fail.

We see a lot of these dudes aint interested in “academics” cause their genius or intellect is in athletics.

Especially the truly elite players...

You gotta be a savant to be able to walk up to the line of srimmage, recognize a defense, then audible to another play to beat the defense...then on the snap be able to go thru 4 reads in 2 seconds or less AND put the ball where it needs to go.

And thats just one position on the field.

These dudes aint dumb....thier genius just isnt in math or science or tech.

I know kids that suck in english class etc....

But can build and program a whole computer. Can build apps and programs and scripts...

No one would call them a “dumb techie”

They looked at as geniuses...

So why cant Tua Tugavailoa be seen as a genius?

Unfairness? That's what you call Kap being blackballed for trying to bring attention to issues affecting the black community? I'm feeling that your argument is disingenuous by this answer.

To answer your question, yes I do have a problem with coaches making millions while players don't get paid. But that's a smaller issue when it comes to college football.

what synonym would you substitute for unfair?

what synonym would you substitute for unfair?

I'd call it just what it is, a black man being blackballed for taking a stance and using his platform to try and bring light to issues affecting the black community.

All wrongs aren't equal so I don't react to all wrongs the same. Do you believe all wrongs to be the same? Do you believe that these are equal situations?

A followup question, why does it matter to you whether someone is boycotting the NFL or not?

I'd call it just what it is, a black man being blackballed for taking a stance and using his platform to try and bring light to issues affecting the black community.

All wrongs aren't equal so I don't react to all wrongs the same. Do you believe all wrongs to be the same? Do you believe that these are equal situations?

A followup question, why does it matter to you whether someone is boycotting the NFL or not?
Jonah, fam

its a message board lol

excuse me for wanting to talk about topics with my internet peers

Jonah, fam

its a message board lol

excuse me for wanting to talk about topics with my internet peers

Just a simple question. No need to be defensive. I like to know a person's motivations before I waste my time in a conversation with them.

You're trying to get the computers putin. I can dig that.

Just a simple question. No need to be defensive. I like to know a person's motivations before I waste my time in a conversation with them.

You're trying to get the computers putin. I can dig that.
lol

real talk

i just had the thought sitting at a light in traffic

The thought was, is it hypocritical to boycott the NFL, but still watch NCAA? Now, to your point, i agree, what's being done to kap is totally messed up, and in the grand scheme of things is a far worse than whats currently going on with amateurism in the NCAA, however, that doesn't mean, at least imo, that we cannot discuss the things that are wrong within this level of sports either.

The NCAA hasnt been amateur for a long ass time, yet, they keep pulling this up every time the subject of compensation comes up

lol

real talk

i just had the thought sitting at a light in traffic

The thought was, is it hypocritical to boycott the NFL, but still watch NCAA? Now, to your point, i agree, what's being done to kap is totally messed up, and in the grand scheme of things is a far worse than whats currently going on with amateurism in the NCAA, however, that doesn't mean, at least imo, that we cannot discuss the things that are wrong within this level of sports either.

The NCAA hasnt been amateur for a long ass time, yet, they keep pulling this up every time the subject of compensation comes up

The NCAA is in a unique position where they can basically just say "eff what anyone thinks" because college football is something like a religion and they are the only game in town. They roll out their flimsy justifications for their amateurism rules, isht they don't even believe is justification, and tell everyone to take it and like it. The vast majority of their fan base care more for the institutions that they root for than they do the players on the teams. It would take the top players in the country to stop playing, or government intervention, for anything to change.

I've fallen off on college football over the years. I think I caught maybe 4 SC games last year. I don't even know if I watched the full "playoffs". So the plight of the players isn't on my mind as much as it once was. It's still BS and something should be done, but how do you force change on the NCAA?

how? I dont have the slightest clue

i mean, the NBA can do it better than the NFL by developing a farm system as an alternative where they can train and get paid...

nobody gonna invest that kinda time in some fresh out of HS football players

Also,

These athletic conferences dont HAVE to ne governed by the NCAA.

There have been talks of the Power 5 conferences leaving the NCAA and forming thier own governing body...

And they can do that...the NCAA aint the draw

Football being such an expensive sport to play/finance is one of the reasons the NCAA is sitting so pretty on this subject.

That could be the one thing that gets football player paid, the NCAA capitulating in order to save college basketball from a viable replacement. That may be a hope.

Also,

These athletic conferences dont HAVE to ne governed by the NCAA.

There have been talks of the Power 5 conferences leaving the NCAA and forming thier own governing body...

And they can do that...the NCAA aint the draw

I remember them threatening it and scaring the isht out of the NCAA. Haven't heard much since so I figured the NCAA threw a whole bunch of money at them. Are they still in serious discussion of doing this?

how? I dont have the slightest clue

i mean, the NBA can do it better than the NFL by developing a farm system as an alternative where they can train and get paid...

nobody gonna invest that kinda time in some fresh out of HS football players

Well football is a different beast. The vast majority of hs football players are not physically ready to play pro ball. So a guy to jump from HS str8 to NFL is slim.

But I think a d-league is feasiable. For those guys that are ready to play D1 ball immediately...

Back