Welcome To aBlackWeb

So Detroit's flooding all over the place...

Is this flooding issue a problem with Detroit sewer system, too much rain or a combination of both?

Sewer system is trash but it is much worse in an area called Downriver

Its basically a bunch of smaller towns south of Detroit....The freeways generally don't flood down there but the residential areas get hit HARD

Well over 15 years ago I had a homie telling me I should buy some property in Detroit. He was like I buy damn near a whole city block for like 15-20K. Now I wish I had did it but back then I didn't give a fuck about shit like that especially with me not living anywhere near Detroit and never having been there either

Is this flooding issue a problem with Detroit sewer system, too much rain or a combination of both?

Kinda both.

I know the city is really lazy about clearing out the storm drains, just keeping them maintained so shit like this doesn't happen. When we flooded back in '89/90 or whatever, they blamed it on the drains not being cleared.

Metro Detroit is catching it again...just 3 weeks after the worst flooding the Tri County area and the state has seen since 2014

One of our most used freeways is now closed

Three weeks ago, in just a few short hours, we got as much total rain fall as we usually get in a 2 month period this time of year

Metro Detroit is catching it again...just 3 weeks after the worst flooding the Tri County area and the state has seen since 2014

One of our most used freeways is now closed

Three weeks ago, in just a few short hours, we got as much total rain fall as we usually get in a 2 month period this time of year

Damn. I've seen some flooding around MI in my day, but never on this level.

Damn. I've seen some flooding around MI in my day, but never on this level.
I know right?!

The only flooding I ever heard of was in Dearborn and Downriver of course...and that wasn't ever as widespread or as severe as this, as far as I knew...just turn on the sump pump and you're good

Not with this shit tho...sump pumps can't handle the volume of rain we're getting in such a short amount of time

The following locations have either been closed due to flooding or are blocked by water on the roadway, according to MDOT.

• 10:08 a.m.: NB M-39 at Plymouth Road -- left shoulder and left lane blocked.
  • 10:58 a.m.: EB I-96 at Grand River Avenue -- Eastbound left and center lanes blocked due to water over roadway near Livernois Avenue.
  • 11:56 a.m.: WB I-94 after Mt. Elliott Street -- All westbound lanes blocked due to water over roadway.
  • 12:55 p.m.: I-94 CLOSURE -- Both directions of I-94 CLOSED from I-96 to I-75 due to flooding.
  • 1:25 p.m.: WB I-94 at Rotunda Drive -- Westbound left lane and left shoulder blocked due to flooding.
  • 1:30 p.m.: WB I-94 at I-96 -- Westbound I-94 ramp to I-96 east blocked due to flooding.
  • 1:31 p.m.: EB I-94 at Schaefer Road -- Eastbound left shoulder, left lane and center lane blocked due to flooding.
  • 2:33 p.m.: NB Lodge Freeway at Jefferson Avenue -- All northbound lanes CLOSED due to flooding.
  • 3:46 p.m.: EB M-8 at I-75 -- All eastbound lanes CLOSED due to flooding.

MDOT reported that the flooding at these locations has been cleared.

• 12:47 p.m.: Eastbound I-94 at Conner Street.
  • 1:51 p.m.: Both directions of M-39 after Rotunda Drive.
  • 2:03 p.m.: Northbound Lodge Freeway at Jefferson Avenue.
  • 2:04 p.m.: WB I-96 after Michigan Avenue.
  • 2:06 p.m.: EB I-96 at Evergreen Road.
  • 2:18 p.m.: Both directions of I-96 at Davison Avenue.
  • 2:19 p.m.: SB I-75 after Seven Mile Road.
  • 2:24 p.m.: Southbound Lodge Freeway at M-8.
  • 2:50 p.m.: Both directions of I-94 at Nine Mile Road.
  • 2:55 p.m.: WB I-94 at I-75.
  • 2:59 p.m.: All lanes of EB I-94 at I-96.
  • 3:16 p.m.: I-94 at Lodge Freeway.
  • 3:47 p.m.: SB I-75 at I-94.

Back