Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should The Game Been Included In The Super Bowl Halftime Show?

Should The Game Been Included In The Super Bowl Halftime Show?

• Total voters
This might sound weird, but what about Too Short and E-40?

I'm not much of an E-40 fan and besides Sprinkle Me I can't name another song by him.

But Too $hort has been around longer than Dr Dre.

Seems like Too $hort and E-40 could have each got a 16 bar verse.
You're answering the wrong question man. What do Too Short and E-40 have to do with Dr Dre?

Are you trolling? I feel like you're trolling.

I like game, but he ain't popping enough to be up there. You asked for Kenny's credentials and I gave em to you. You conflating your preference with success.

By any measure Kendrick is the more successful, more accomplished artist. Game been circling the VH1 circuit for a long time now, and that's just the reality of the situation.

“Game is the still the west coast best rapper, of course he should’ve been up there”.

“For a good stretch, Game was only name ringing from over there. He deserve to be up there”

In that SB venue, I think “This is How We Do” and “Hate it Or Love It” wouldve knocked. You probably don’t. But shout out to Kenny and the dancing Golden Lords.

“Game is the still the west coast best rapper, of course he should’ve been up there”.

“For a good stretch, Game was only name ringing from over there. He deserve to be up there”

In that SB venue, I think “This is How We Do” and “Hate it Or Love It” wouldve knocked. You probably don’t. But shout out to Kenny and the dancing Golden Lords.
I think those songs would be great. I have this concept that Detox should be a celebration of Dre's whole career (track 1 an NWA track to the ending track being whatever new artists Dre got in the fold, kenny/paak or whoever else), especially after his health issues.

And I think putting a 50/Game track on there would be the standout track worthy of an actual Detox album. I mean they only ever made classic records together before the split. But they don't fuck with each other like that, and Game ain't got nobody to blame for being outside that bubble but himself. He been buring bridges for 20 years now, don't make him any less dope as an artist, but don't get you invites either. So this idea that he *deserves* to be there just rings hollow. It'd be cool if things were different, but they aren't. He ain't close enough to Dre and he is NOT a big enough artist either.

I think those songs would be great. I have this concept that Detox should be a celebration of Dre's whole career (track 1 an NWA track to the ending track being whatever new artists Dre got in the fold, kenny/paak or whoever else), especially after his health issues.

And I think putting a 50/Game track on there would be the standout track worthy of an actual Detox album. I mean they only ever made classic records together before the split. But they don't fuck with each other like that, and Game ain't got nobody to blame for being outside that bubble but himself. He been buring bridges for 20 years now, don't make him any less dope as an artist, but don't get you invites either. So this idea that he *deserves* to be there just rings hollow. It'd be cool if things were different, but they aren't. He ain't close enough to Dre and he is NOT a big enough artist either.

Cosign. If you're gonna put Game up there, you might as well put MC Ren up there.

Although I would have like to have seen Ice Cube...and Ice T

I don't think niggaz take into account how much dumb shit game said during his career as a rapper...

Like he name drops WAY TOO MUCH!!!

Its dry snitching at absolutely best.... At worst it's detestable...

Fuck 50.... The song "wouldn't get far" came on the other day when I was driving.... That shit was so cringeworthy..... Like how does he think talking about people and their personal business as much as he does would work for him in the long run?

I could never..... Ever..... Ever see myself offering him an opportunity to perform at a show I put up 7 million of my own money for.....

Like bruh, it's not even about anything other than how much Dre fucked with the people he put up the money to do the show with.

If niggaz don't fuck with game..... They don't fuck with game 🤷🏿‍♂️

I don't think niggaz take into account how much dumb shit game said during his career as a rapper...

Like he name drops WAY TOO MUCH!!!

Its dry snitching at absolutely best.... At worst it's detestable...

Fuck 50.... The song "wouldn't get far" came on the other day when I was driving.... That shit was so cringeworthy..... Like how does he think talking about people and their personal business as much as he does would work for him in the long run?

I could never..... Ever..... Ever see myself offering him an opportunity to perform at a show I put up 7 million of my own money for.....

Like bruh, it's not even about anything other than how much Dre fucked with the people he put up the money to do the show with.

If niggaz don't fuck with game..... They don't fuck with game 🤷🏿‍♂️

Well said. I remember on The IC somebody had mentioned that Game has never made a single song where he didn't mention another rapper/singer. Even if it wasn't a diss he just never makes songs that don't have other peoples names dropped in them. It does come across a lil gossipy.

Last edited:
This is basically like asking why Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo didn't get on the stage.

Not even that because G-Unit would've still got a bigger pop than Game by himself. How To Stunt would've got a bigger pop than anything solo track Game could've done.

Game is actually one of my all time favs. He's like a T-Mac of the rap game. He has the total package to be one of the all time greats but there was always some shit in the way and you knew he was never gonna get to where he needed to be. On wax though he gets mad love because his first 3 albums were really solid.

Somebody mentioned that he's on the VH1 Love & Hip Hop type path and boy that's true as fuck. Game is the perfect rapper to step into that world. He has a big enough profile where you can't totally dismiss his star because he has reached some very high levels in the game but on the flip side he's also had the type of career where seeing him on Love & Hip Hop wouldn't be shocking at all.

I don't know why most rappers don't fully embrace that culture. There's a lot of rappers who are some of our favs that are pretty much built to be on Love & Hip Hop. Niggas like Game, Juelz Santana, Fabolous. They're in the news for more non music shit than music shit. They can probably get better checks doing them shows than actual shows at venues at this stage in their respective careers. Or what's left of their careers.

Who is checking for any of their music? When my wife first started watching L&HH I did not know who a few of the niggas on there even were. Who the fuck is Rich Dollaz, Cisco Rosado, and Mendeecees??? Lololololololololololol

I'm clowning but them niggas have grown into their roles on that show and they really got everyday people thinking that they're big time stars or some shit. I don't understand why C and D level rappers don't flock to them shows for the exposure. What's the worst that can happen?

Back