Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should The Game Been Included In The Super Bowl Halftime Show?

Should The Game Been Included In The Super Bowl Halftime Show?

• Total voters
No:

He's not old enough to be a legend like Snoop, but he's older than today's key demo 18-25 and he's not more recognizable in Hip-Hop in Kung Fu Kenny. Yeah, the Game is a Dr. Dre protege, but if you notice, those folks up there (minus Mary) were his most successful artists. Jayceon ain't that; he's like tops of the 2nd Tier, with folk like Xzibit and Kurupt.

Besides, we had 50 there. That was good enough.

Neither Xzibit or Kurupt is a Dr. Dre protege.

What we doin bruh?

Kendrick got 17 top 50 songs as the top artist. Several others in the top 50 as a feature. Got a number 1 record with Taylor fuckin Swift, but we talking what crossover appeal he has? He won a Pulitzer for christ sakes man.

Humble went number 1 by the way.

why didn’t none of these joints ring off?

This might sound weird, but what about Too Short and E-40?

I'm not much of an E-40 fan and besides Sprinkle Me I can't name another song by him.

But Too $hort has been around longer than Dr Dre.

Seems like Too $hort and E-40 could have each got a 16 bar verse.

lol, what is we doing. I said Game is the best active west coast rapper. Not the one with more hits. For a good stretch, Game was only name ringing from over there. He deserve to be up there. Kenny is dope. Game is doper imo. Better rapper, better discography.
Are you trolling? I feel like you're trolling.

I like game, but he ain't popping enough to be up there. You asked for Kenny's credentials and I gave em to you. You conflating your preference with success.

By any measure Kendrick is the more successful, more accomplished artist. Game been circling the VH1 circuit for a long time now, and that's just the reality of the situation.

lol, what is we doing. I said Game is the best active west coast rapper. Not the one with more hits. For a good stretch, Game was only name ringing from over there. He deserve to be up there. Kenny is dope. Game is doper imo. Better rapper, better discography.

Nah Game had a buzz 10+ years ago but he blew it when he got in that shootout at Hot97 and basically broke ties with 50 Cent, G Unit, and effectively Aftermath.

Now, in 2022 I can't think of anything Game has done in the past 10 years that would warrant him performing at The Super Bowl.

When you consider that he isn't even on speaking terms with Dre or 50, he basically shot himself in the foot by dissing 50, Em and Dre.

Kendrick was a much better choice than Game. He's more relevant right now and he's better connected with Dr Dre.

Obviously Dr Dre had the final say of who performed that night and he made the right choice by picking Kendrick and telling Game to stay home.

Although I would have liked to see Cube up there.

Back