Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Our Kids or Kid's Kid Have to Grind

I think he would have to start from ground zero and what I mean, he would have to setup his own empire instead of building off his parent's empire.

He would have to absorb his own resources/knowledge to start and create his own world, instead of maybe using some of his parents resources and outlets to help aid him setup his own world/lane.

He wouldn't be building/jumping off the steps that his parents would have created, he would be starting from the ground level trying to build his own steps.

Thoughts?
Most people whos parents 'set them up on the right platform' don't directly go down pre-measured plans their parents made, like taking on the family business. It's usually more fluid and indirect, like bein able to contact a family friend who can put in a good word on a job you wanna get, or getting the right reference you need for a college admission. Or, a big one: access to a mentor in the path u wanna go down.

Most of it relies on tapping into networks. Even with parents who aren't hustling, they might not have access to profitable social networks off the bat like that. U can set them up to achieve greatness, give them tools like education n training, but that doesn't guarantee that they won't be starting from the ground up. Social mobility isn't a straight forward pursuit.

Yea, we was just speaking hypo about his situation.

What you stated, do you feel his parents should have had some resources/savings/outlet for Biggie when he reached that age to help aid him to become a comedian or sales man?
ideally. can/will every parent put aside however many tens or hundreds of thousands are needed, prior to conception, for their child to achieve their dreams? unrealistic, as much as i would like it to be true.

Poor people r gonna have kids fam.
Should a kid be upset at a parent if that parent dies and doesn't leave anything behind?

Black folks (some) have a habit of leaving nothing behind but bills and outside kids Lol
Upset? Idk. My emotional reaction is yes but again, being realistic, that wld be like blaming a poor person for being poor instead of being mad @ the cause of poverty. Frustration with the symptoms instead of the cause.
Why you state that the poor kid shouldn't expect it?

Should it be on the parent to wanna leave something behind to help aid the poor kid other than debt maybe when their gone?

Wouldn't that be putting/keeping that poor kid in the same box as his poor parent?
unless the poverty is news to the kid, I'd imagine they wldn't be anticipating an inheritance in most cases. it's likely that they're aware they are poor.

again, poor ppl r gonna have kids.

Spinoff question: shld society/the government/public institutions then provide the opportunities for kids from disadvantaged households?

Yea, we was just speaking hypo about his situation.

What you stated, do you feel his parents should have had some resources/savings/outlet for Biggie when he reached that age to help aid him to become a comedian or sales man?
it's not as essential as making sure he has the necessities to live....

unfortunately developing or aiding a talent or interest is a luxury that many families in poverty don't have.....

she could always encourage him... and everything from biggies mom shows she was always very supportive of her sons success.. but just like the child....they have to believe it's achievable first...

becoming a mom doesn't grant you with some all seeing eye that clouds the world as you've understood it before a parent..
shit is still shit....rent is still due......food is still required....

if she screaming get a job cuz we need money....it ain't cuz she don't believe in him to be a comedian or a rapper, or anything successful,...it's because money is needed immediately....if you can take care of that immediate need first....then sure....we can entertain other things.....but single moms who working hard as it is already can't be expected to entertain fantasies when reality is knocking

Why you state that the poor kid shouldn't expect it?

Should it be on the parent to wanna leave something behind to help aid the poor kid other than debt maybe when their gone?

Wouldn't that be putting/keeping that poor kid in the same box as his poor parent?

wanting to leave something behind, and being capable of it are two completely different things....

if they were never equipped with the tools to acquire something like that....and were only in the role of providing for the immediate needs, and rarely had anything for themselves...how can they be expected to leave ANYTHING behind....

like you can't ask any parent to hold on to something for later if their kids are hungry now....

Again, can we say the world? or can we say black ppl's world and again, I believe in my heart that every black parent wants their kid to do better and live a better life than them, but my question would be, What are you doing to make this happen? again is it the world keeping that parent/grandparent to not set their child up or is it excuses?
That's tough to quantify, atm me personally I'm focused on taking the necessary steps to get a career in something I enjoy and being a good role model to my nieces and nephews. They're not nearly old enough to even be thinking about college or girinding yet but I feel like if they see uncle josh doing well then they know they have someone who they can come to for help or look up to. I want the same for any children I may have in the future as well.

wanting to leave something behind, and being capable of it are two completely different things....

if they were never equipped with the tools to acquire something like that....and were only in the role of providing for the immediate needs, and rarely had anything for themselves...how can they be expected to leave ANYTHING behind....

like you can't ask any parent to hold on to something for later if their kids are hungry now....
it's a horrible reality.

Agree with the post.

But as a parent let's say you at the age of 60 when you die, you mean to tell that you haven't acquired anything in 60 years to leave behind?

Why not get a life insurance and pay 16-25 dollars a month to pay on a 50k-100k policy (if you a healthy person) kid can get a 50k-100k head start

Agree with the post.

But as a parent let's say you at the age of 60 when you die, you mean to tell that you haven't acquired anything in 60 years to leave behind?

Why not get a life insurance and pay 16-25 dollars a month to pay on a 50k-100k policy (if you a healthy person)
A lot of people are living paycheck to paycheck. People who r struggling r also more likely to have more kids than upper middle class ppl.

I can easily see someone with 3+ kids having nothing to pass down after daycare fees, living costs and educational expenses of raising kids.

Agree with the post.

Why not get a life insurance and pay 16-25 dollars a month to pay on a 50k-100k policy (if you a healthy person)
depends on the lifestyle and decisions made.....and their working knowledge at the time of those decisions

some parents blew their credit to shit so their kids wouldn't go without...thinking they had time to pay it off.....

niggaz in their 60's done lost houses, cars, 401k's, blew loan after loan.....all in the name of providing for their kids.....some never really got to enjoy much in life at all, cuz they were always burdened by the weight of trying their best with whatever they had at the moment to provide for their children...shit be real bruh...

i knew a few folk who died without insurance cuz they needed allll their check....

when i was doing sales, i was shocked at how low old black folk credit scores were.....

it's niggaz in their 50's and 60's with credit scores in the 400's and sitting on $100,000'a worth of debt.....

not to mention some of the parents of these college graduates....who gonna die trying to pay for their kid's diploma....something they themselves never had the opportunity to get....

like if a poor black kid......who parents busted their ass to try to do the best for them they could.....especially go into ridiculous debt for them...taking out 2nd and 3rd mortgages to pay for their kid to go to school n all that (and that's if they were ever in the position to even own a house to begin with...)

kid got some nerve looking for anything when that parent die....

only thing i hope my mom leaves behind is enough money to give her a nice going home service....and if she doesn't, i'll just borrow from the church and keep it moving

the dead don't need materialism. only borrow where its absolutely necessary.
look, i ain't gonna develope an overwhelming sense of great decision making skills at a time like that...

i'm already in the shit.....plus i said borrow from the church.....they wouldn't even press me to pay it back considering the circumstance

they've picked up plenty of funerals from members when the family couldn't pay.....i would expect no differnt

I'on know Du.

I believe a parent should leave something behind to help aid that kid, that's just me. if it ain't no more than something they can go and pawn and get something from it, something should be left behind for your kids

Why not budget in a life insurance payment, you know folks will die, why not setup your kid with 100k to do right?

That should be (IMO) a item line in your budget next to the grocery line

I'on know Du.

I believe a parent should leave something behind to help aid that kid, that's just me. if it ain't no more than something they can go and pawn and get something from it, something should be left behind for your kids
shit don't always work like that...

it's nice when it do....

but that entitled and expecting shit is unbecoming to me...i have a huge issue with entitlement and feeling you're owed something.....there's too many people who don't have shit for me to feel i'm owed anything....

i ain't get shit when my father died, and never looked for shit either....never asked for shit, and don't really expect shit to ever pop up.....

it just be like that...i don't expect shit from my mom either....she's extremely organized and a great planner, i wouldn't be surprised if she already set shit up for my kids and just skipped over me

she just turned 66 the clock is winding down

I'on know Du.

Which would you prefer:

A parent that spends a lot of money raising the kid, investing in their education n helping them access opportunities but doesn't leave an inheritance?
or
the parent who is bare bones bout raising em but on their deathbed turns out to have had a bunch of stocks n bonds?

inheritances run out quick.
look, i ain't gonna develope an overwhelming sense of great decision making skills at a time like that...

i'm already in the shit.....plus i said borrow from the church.....they wouldn't even press me to pay it back considering the circumstance

they've picked up plenty of funerals from members when the family couldn't pay.....i would expect no differnt
It's good u have a supportive church like that. I dont think lavish funerals r a good idea but it isnt for me to say, do what helps u grieve

Why not budget in a life insurance payment, you know folks will die, why not setup your kid with 100k to do right?

That should be (IMO) a item line in your budget next to the grocery line
i personally have like 2 or 3 policies out....i forget......

Which would you prefer:

A parent that spends a lot of money raising the kid, investing in their education n helping them access opportunities but doesn't leave an inheritance?
or
the parent who is bare bones bout raising em but on their deathbed turns out to have had a bunch of stocks n bonds?

inheritances run out quick.

It's good u have a supportive church like that. I dont think lavish funerals r a good idea but it isnt for me to say, do what helps u grieve
never said lavish....just respectable

Back