Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Our Kids or Kid's Kid Have to Grind

I don't know what everybody does for a living, I'm pretty sure you all do fairly well for the most part, but thinking back on how you got to where you are, Are you thankful for the path that you took to get you where you are in life? or do you feel that things should have been much easy for you, from childhood to adulthood?

I asked a similar question before....

we still grinding, i'm working 2 jobs, and bills still kicking my ass.....i mean we got it better than i did coming up.... but not much.....

unless some crazy shit happens in the next 10 years....my kids ain't gonna be coming from much but a loving and encouraging environment....

I asked a similar question before....

we still grinding, i'm working 2 jobs, and bills still kicking my ass.....i mean we got it better than i did coming up.... but not much.....

unless some crazy shit happens in the next 10 years....my kids ain't gonna be coming from much but a loving and encouraging environment....

And that's where I wanna go with this, your kids, when they reach a certain working age, Should they be upset with you or mad at society that now they have to go out and grind, maybe even work harder than you?

And for the record, I'm not speaking in terms on some, the kids lay up and you as a parent/guardian give them everything and they become lazy, nah, I'm speaking more so on some, everything is setup for them for them to do well when they reach a working age, in a sense, where they don't have to work 2 and 3 jobs

I don't know what everybody does for a living, I'm pretty sure you all do fairly well for the most part, but thinking back on how you got to where you are, Are you thankful for the path that you took to get you where you are in life? or do you feel that things should have been much easy for you, from childhood to adulthood?
I'm not sure. I've had points where shit was easy, too easy even, n periods where things were rough. Both were necessary.

Not sure how I can orchestrate that to a healthy balance tho. Adversity n privilege can't be controlled like that.

And that's where I wanna go with this, your kids, when they reach a certain working age, Should they be upset with you or mad at society that now they have to go out and grind, maybe even work harder than you?
If my kids upset with me cuz they ain't got it all........ imma tell them to go suck a dick.....

fuck outta here, i worked my ass off for them... i might not have much to show for it, but two loving parents who supported them, dealt with their shit...tried their best to equip them with the internal tools to comprehend the world.....

if those little motherfuckers don't appreciate all the struggle i went through for their benefit...my old ass will give no fucks about telling their ungrateful asses where to go and what to do when they get there

nigga done got my blood pressure up early in the morning....mad at my kids for shit they ain't even done yet

I'm not sure. I've had points where shit was easy, too easy even, n periods where things were rough. Both were necessary.

Not sure how I can orchestrate that to a healthy balance tho. Adversity n privilege can't be controlled like that.

When you had it easy, was it due to your parents (how can I put it) paving a path for you for you when you reached a working age to have it easy?

When you had it easy, was it due to your parents (how can I put it) paving a path for you for you when you reached a working age to have it easy?
the period when I had it easy was a lot earlier than working age (childhood) but yes on path paving.

If my kids upset with me cuz they ain't got it all........ imma tell them to go suck a dick.....

fuck outta here, i worked my ass off for them... i might not have much to show for it, but two loving parents who supported them, dealt with their shit...tried their best to equip them with the internal tools to comprehend the world.....

if those little motherfuckers don't appreciate all the struggle i went through for their benefit...my old ass will give no fucks about telling their ungrateful asses where to go and what to do when they get there

nigga done got my blood pressure up early in the morning....mad at my kids for shit they ain't even done yet

Nothing wrong with what you stating big brother, Lol

I'm just asking, should it get easier for the next generation? I mean you stated you had to work 2 jobs, not putting the spot light on you, but let's say a grandfather had to work on the farm and do x,y,z, should the dad in a sense when he becomes of working age, should he have to do only y,z and then his kids have to now only do z?

And for the record, I'm not speaking in terms on some, the kids lay up and you as a parent/guardian give them everything and they become lazy, nah, I'm speaking more so on some, everything is setup for them for them to do well when they reach a working age, in a sense, where they don't have to work 2 and 3 jobs
yea i get what you saying.....

me and my moms get into it some times, cuz she coulda sent me to prep school cuz of my grades and sports.. but she ain't think i would do well knowing i came from the hood, and those kids came from money...so she kept me in public school....

one day i told her she fucked u on that one and shoulda just forced me to go to prep school.... but after 20+ years i forgot how much of a jerk i was about the whole ordeal when the issue was on the table....

she did not....she reminded me and almost killt me in the process......i don't bring up that subject anymore....and i learned a lot about parenting that day....

parents don't have all the answers....they're unsure abotu a hsit load of things... but the decisions they go through with are the best informed decisions they can make at the time... hindsight is always 20/20 but you gotta stand behind and respect any decision made at the moment it's made....

If I can make it where they don't have to struggle then I will. It's a parents job to put their kids in the best possible situation, but that's me. I'm soft when it comes to them I wouldn't want them to struggle.

I didn't struggle because my parents made sure we were good so I can't see myself having them struggle to show a lesson.

Nothing wrong with what you stating big brother, Lol

I'm just asking, should it get easier for the next generation? I mean you stated you had to work 2 jobs, not putting the spot light on you, but let's say a grandfather had to work on the farm and do x,y,z, should the dad in a sense when he becomes of working age, should he have to do only y,z and then his kids have to now only do z?
shit i get what you saying 100%

each generation should be equipped to do better than the previous......

however sometimes what it takes to survive can supersede that.....

i think we get too caught up on the "shoulds" especially when it comes to what's "needed" at the moment

If I can make it where they don't have to struggle then I will. It's a parents job to put their kids in the best possible situation, but that's me. I'm soft when it comes to them I wouldn't want them to struggle.

I didn't struggle because my parents made sure we were good so I can't see myself having them struggle to show a lesson.

And that's where I wanted to hit and ask should we blame (not blame in a sense) but fault our parents or society for not making an easy path?

shit i get what you saying 100%

each generation should be equipped to do better than the previous......

however sometimes what it takes to survive can supersede that.....

i think we get too caught up on the "shoulds" especially when it comes to what's "needed" at the moment

Would you feel some type of way if your son had to work 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meat?

some people come from more privilege than others.....

i mean one could go around trying to figure out if they should assign fault to the individual or society for their individual lack of said privilege ,.....

but i don't think that should be a focus of anybody who wants to progressively move forward.....

Would you feel some type of way if your son had to work 2 and 3 jobs to make ends meat?
i prolly would feel i had let him down, but i'd be very defensive about it if anyone came at me about it.....

i really did the best i could.....

the period when I had it easy was a lot earlier than working age (childhood) but yes on path paving.

I asked Du a question but I wanna ask you and it's not to be disrespectful to you or your intelligence, but if you had a daughter (I don't know if you have any kids) would you be at fault if that daughter after turning 18 years old decided to dance/strip? Would you feel a way like in a sense thinking you've failed her to have at least given her a good start on getting her career path setup so that she wouldn't have to strip?

And that's where I wanted to hit and ask should we blame (not blame in a sense) but fault our parents or society for not making an easy path?
u can equip a kid n still have them screw up. just like u can want to do right by ur kid n have things fall flat bcuz u were starting on a "hard setting" in society, in video game speak.

if we blame parents for how their kids turn out economically, its a slippery slope toward blaming poor people for being poor rather than the cause of poverty in the 1st place.

dangerous territory for black ppl.
I asked Du a question but I wanna ask you and it's not to be disrespectful to you or your intelligence, but if you had a daughter (I don't know if you have any kids) would you be at fault if that daughter after turning 18 years old decided to dance/strip? Would you feel a way like in a sense thinking you've failed her to have at least given her a good start on getting her career path setup so that she wouldn't have to strip?
u have to keep in mind that there are strippers like Dita von Teese n such who get into it because they want to, not to pay the rent. there r students who get into stripping cuz it fits their schedule better than starbucks gigs. In many of these professions, there r ppl who go for them out of their own agency n not desperation.

to answer ur q, I wldn't want any child of mine doing a job they wouldn't otherwise be doing in order to make ends meet. I don't think any parent wld want their kid in a compromised position if it was avoidable.

No because I'm sure that everyone's parents wanted to make an easier path for their kids but sometimes life doesn't allow that. As kids they have to learn that sometimes things dont go the way they want and they have to get up and work for what they want.

i prolly would feel i had let him down, but i'd be very defensive about it if anyone came at me about it.....

i really did the best i could.....

I feel you.

Is it safe to say, that (black) kids for the most part turn to selling drugs because their parents didn't setup a good platform for them?

If the platform is setup, meaning that, that child doesn't have to sell drugs or work 2 or 3 jobs, are we breaking the "grind gotta get it" cycle?

Back