Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should Black Entertainers Defer To Black Activists On Black Topics

yall still looking to celebs to help yall, the same way yall looking to politicians to save you

elle oh fucking elle

Who are you looking to for help? You called out Angela Davis as someone that should be consulted. I'll give you that. That's a good look. You also have been praising rioters. Explain to us how rioting has helped anything? In what way has burning down buildings helped more than one of these celebs making a statement?

Who are you looking to for help? You called out Angela Davis as someone that should be consulted. I'll give you that. That's a good look. You also have been praising rioters. Explain to us how rioting has helped anything? In what way has burning down buildings helped more than one of these celebs making a statement?

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo are you really asking what has rioting done??????? are you living under a rock?

you think charges were brought against the pigs that killed George floyd because they were singing kumbaya in the park?

rioting and looting speaks directly to the dominant power structure.

not these empty and hollow statements from celebs

are you mad?!?!?

Lmaoooooooooooooooooooooo are you really asking what has rioting done??????? are you living under a rock?

you think charges were brought against the pigs that killed George floyd because they were singing kumbaya in the park?

rioting and looting speaks directly to the dominant power structure.

not these empty and hollow statements from celebs

are you mad?!?!?

Charges were brought because the actions of those cops were universally condemned and sparked worldwide protests both with and without looting.

Also, getting justice for Floyd is cool and all, but that's not the goal of any of this. Reforming or defunding the police and changing the system is. As far as I know, Minneapolis hasn't changed anything about their police department despite having more incident since Floyd's case.

Mean while cities like San Francisco and Austin haven't had any rioting, and the peaceful protesters there actually did get those cities to defund the police.

We're agreed about the usefulness of celeb statements though.

Charges were brought because the actions of those cops were universally condemned and sparked worldwide protests both with and without looting.

Also, getting justice for Floyd is cool and all, but that's not the goal of any of this. Reforming or defunding the police and changing the system is. As far as I know, Minneapolis hasn't changed anything about their police department despite having more incident since Floyd's case.

Mean while cities like San Francisco and Austin haven't had any rioting, and the peaceful protesters there actually did get those cities to defund the police.

We're agreed about the usefulness of celeb statements though.

San Fran and Austin are known to be liberal tho. Peaceful protests or not the culture of the area plays a part especially in places like San Fran and Austin

But what part of the public.

Because a black athlete can speak on black issues and should not have to be articulate to us if we live it. They can be pulled from cars and tased and shot too.

If it's to white people......What right words can say shit is not in our favor and we want equality and reparations?

That is retarded. No matter who they're speaking to at the time they need to be able to articulate the message they're trying to get across. If a person can't articulate their message that is when shit gets confused or too much shit gets left up to interpretation when the message needs to be clear.

20% of something is better 100% of nothing if we are not at a point of unity in house. I won't fault anyone for trying..If he's getting crumb and bringing it back to the community...I'm all for it. We can't say much until we move as a unit and have our own and control some shit so these "conversations" can be a thing of the past.

I don't fully agree with that 20% stance. Ain't nobody faulting people for trying but at some point they know or need to be told "thanks for trying but the speaking part of the issues ain't your lane, let so and so get on that platform you got to speak out".

In damn near all walks of life a person either stops by themselves or are told to stop doing some shit they're just not good at but in this case they should be allowed to keep doing some shit they are not good at because of what exactly?

Ok, I'm not reading 12 pages, but I'll say this;

If an athlete or entertainer has feelings, or an opinion on the subject, he/she should have a few phrases memorized so he can answer a few questions without being caught off guard. But if the interviewer asks more questions and digs a lil deeper beyond the surface the athlete/entertainer needs to know when to stop and say something to the effect of, "well that's a good question. That's definitely something that we all need to think about" rather than answering the question and sounding like an idiot because the question caught him off guard.

Having said that, back in 1998 I was living in NYC and this chick that lived downstairs from me knew Dame Dash and I went to a video shoot with her. We took the train to New Jersey and Rocafella had some Black people pick us up at the train station and drive us to the video shoot. The song was by an R&B artist named Rell. I think the song was called Love For Free and it was on the Streets Is Watching Soundtrack.

So we get to the venue. It was a nightclub, but it was during the day. Everybody at the video shoot was Black; he caterers, the video directors, cameramen. Everybody. It was a classy affair, the food was delicious, everybody was networking. I got a chance to meet Jay and shake his hand.

All that is to say that in 1998 Jay Z might have rapped about pimpin hoes and selling drugs, but he (Dame and Biggs) were Black businessmen that were employing Black people. There must have been 50 people in the club and not one of them was White.

Point being, you can talk the talk, but can you walk the walk? Are you hiring a White guy to direct your video? Are you renting a White owned club? Are your drivers Black or White?

I don't fully agree with that 20% stance. Ain't nobody faulting people for trying but at some point they know or need to be told "thanks for trying but the speaking part of the issues ain't your lane, let so and so get on that platform you got to speak out".

In damn near all walks of life a person either stops by themselves or are told to stop doing some shit they're just not good at but in this case they should be allowed to keep doing some shit they are not good at because of what exactly?
You can be told to stop cuz your not good at it. But how many people kept going and became successful at that very thing.

Anything you do takes practice.

I would rather tell someone to research or focus before I say to defer.

That is retarded. No matter who they're speaking to at the time they need to be able to articulate the message they're trying to get across. If a person can't articulate their message that is when shit gets confused or too much shit gets left up to interpretation when the message needs to be clear.
Left to interpretation is actually a great tool to see who's your enemy and who's your ally and what the person asking the question thinks they know.

You can be told to stop cuz your not good at it. But how many people kept going and became successful at that very thing.

Anything you do takes practice.

I would rather tell someone to research or focus before I say to defer.

No problem with them practicing and eventually becoming good at it but when it's something like this practicing and fucking up in public consistently causes more harm to the people they're trying to help. The stakes to high for all that.

You can't really put practicing public speaking on issues plaguing black people even near the same level as said practicing their jump shot.

You have that opinion of researching instead of deferring I just disagree with it.

I'm not saying they should never do it again cause they're not good at it right now. What I am saying and been clear in saying that while you not good at but have access to the biggest platform step aside and let someone who is good at it RIGHT NOW use your platform to get messages and issues out. Shit ain't that difficult to do or understand.

Left to interpretation is actually a great tool to see who's your enemy and who's your ally and what the person asking the question thinks they know.

Majority of black people already know who the enemy is. Part of what's fucking us up is majority of black people don't want to accept the reality of who the enemy really is and the consequences and suffering we will have to endure to make real changes to our plight.

Majority of black people already know who the enemy is. Part of what's fucking us up is majority of black people don't want to accept the reality of who the enemy really is and the consequences and suffering we will have to endure to make real changes to our plight.
So why must a person articulate this?

And if we Keeping it a buck.....Most of these dudes scared to fuck up their money and/or need to play to be paid.

Lebron also has to understand everyone is not stable as him and cp3.

This is all by design.

Add to that......Should each player add an activist to their entourage?

I get what y'all trying to say.....I'm not saying you are wrong. I just think we put enough restraints on our people. To me there is no eloquent way to say stop killing black people.

Because if the stance they have is even a little pro black then we should just accept it

Back