Welcome To aBlackWeb

Shooting Your Shot Fails.......... Let's talk about them

I think Ive told this story b4

Freshman year of college its about yhe first or aecond week on campus...so everybody just getting to know each other cliques forming and shit....

Anyway, I end up linking up with some cool niggas from Bham that stayed in the dorm accross from mine...

There was a party in the quad that night so we oit there chilling having a good time....and we see her...bad upper classman chick...she was one of the mentors for the freshman orientation...

I mean she was bad...nice caramel brown...body on point, pretty as face alldat...

So we talking shit to each other like “yall niggas scared to go holla at her” Me being fairly confident cause im handsome af...im like “shit...im finna go pull her” and they all like
tenor.gif

So any way...I walk up to shorty...she had her back turned...so I walk up behind her like “How you doing? Whats your classification” What I didnt notice...is that she was on the phone...

So she turns around looks at me like
tenor.gif

And continues her phone convo lmao

So, my whole existence is burning slow...I turn back around and them niggas is like

giphy.gif

Lmao...they clowned me for a good while behind that

remember i was macking on this chick in HS her bday comes i gave her book for her bday...the chick threw the book in her locker like i dont want no damn book....last i heard she was working at Subway

lololololol

Aye, why it sound like ol' girl threw the book down like how Miss. Jerry threw that Tuna sandwich??

download.gif tumblr_n1zsuuH9vE1rszjceo3_250.gif

Lmao @ last I heard she was @ Subway. U cold mayne. lol

Homecoming last October. I'm in the day party with my dudes we're in there toasting to the good life. See a nice looking female whom I thought was giving me the eye. I slide over on my Biggie from the Big Poppa video. About to sell all types of dreams to shorty ended up getting the Busta Rhymes treatment from the Big Poppa video..........

giphy.gif

I had planned it out how I was get in her ear and everything ......straight cold shoulder treatment. My nigga P saw it happen and said I had the Get Out look on my face when shorty gave me the shoulder.

7dA9nw4.gif

We laughed about it for the rest of the night

Homecoming last October. I'm in the day party with my dudes we're in there toasting to the good life. See a nice looking female whom I thought was giving me the eye. I slide over on my Biggie from the Big Poppa video. About to sell all types of dreams to shorty ended up getting the Busta Rhymes treatment from the Big Poppa video..........

giphy.gif

I had planned it out how I was get in her ear and everything ......straight cold shoulder treatment. My nigga P saw it happen and said I had the Get Out look on my face when shorty gave me the shoulder.

7dA9nw4.gif

We laughed about it for the rest of the night

Welp...it's been real...

mrqrA.gif

@BNE we know you lead the league in blocks but have you ever shot your shot and missed?
I've been tryna think of this. I think when I was 12ish there was a guy I was too shy to shoot my shot at, since we were friends. Someone else who saw how tight we were suggested we date and he said I wasn't his type. Not really shooting my shot, but confirming I would've missed if I had lol

I was about 15. Went into McDonald's with my little bro to get some food. Beautiful light skinned chick working the counter. She flirting with me and even gave me some extra shit. So im slow and im literally shy/ scared of women. So i told my little bro to go back in there to get the number. He comes back out and he says she wants me to come back. Im pumped. I go in thinking im about to get them digits i ask her and she says naw......nigga i was ready to cry.

In 10th grade i met this mixed bitch from another school at a park....she was with her friends . For some reason she wasnt feeln me in person (we swapped pics thru text)

Years later...she hit me up insta...used to always text me but wasnt givn up no pussy....she called me cryn one day...i pick her up bring my bed..telp her she can lay down n stay the night...she said "ow i know what ur tryna do" n said it was getn late

Bitch ended up get prego by some wetback n shes fat now (her face is hela big now)

This ain't really the thread for me, never been a shooter like that

But when the thread is made about missing out on the drawls cuz you miss out on the signs that she throwing it at you.... Got plenty of those lol

This one is a little bit of both. In high school, 11th or 12th grade we in class not really doing anything. I write up one of those elementary notes like "I like you do you like me yes no maybe" shit. Just fucking around, I'm giving it to every girl in class. The same piece of paper, like give it to one chick, she give it back I hand it to the girl behind her, they all see I'm doing it

There's this girl Patrice, she mad pretty, she been like one of the baddest girls in our class since like 5th grade. I think she cute but I'm not crushing on her or nothing. Anyway I give her the note and she writes back "maybe... if you ask it a different way"

I look at her answer like "oh" and hand it to the next chick. Didn't even hit me til months later that that was her way of saying "be forreal nigga and you can get it."

Lost opportunity, oh well

The one fail I had that was unique was on a college campus. I'm walking towards the cafeteria building. It's busy on campus, I cross the street and do one of those brief eye catches. Nothing special, just looked in a random direction, me and this girl caught eyes for a split second. Just so happens my route is leading me to pass behind her. The closer I got I hear her talking to this white girl, classmate I assume, bout how she just got her masters. She all happy and gitty, plus she a cute thang. Probably earlier 30's looking, I notice them students with masters do look aged. Them shits take a while to get I believe.

So, yeah. Walking pass her, not paying no mind, she runs up on a nigga. "I just got my masters!", she says all melodic like. "Now you and me finna walk. Show me where the bathroom at." She puts her hand in mine and now it's cupcake looking shit going on.

I looked at her for moment and then said, "Fuck it. Let's go."

We chit chat and all that, I mack her up, she digging it. Bringing all kinds of attention to us, stopping other students that pass us by, telling them bout the fly shit I told her. And of course, bout how she got her masters. Too outgoing for her own good? Nervous? Excited? Yeah, Idk, but I was like, "Talk to them later, let's get going."

BTW, I had no idea where the bathroom was in that place. I pointed to a hallway that looked bathroom-ish and told her to check down there, since we were at my destination. I was gonna grab some food and meet her at a table. She ain't want nothing, so I got my food. Turned around she hadn't came back while I waited in line. Sat at the table she still hadn't shown up. Finished my food a nigga still sitting with an empty chair. Ol'girl never came back. Before I left, I learned the bathrooms were up on the second floor.

Should I have gone looking for her? Did she get lost? Did she grab some other nigga? Found other folks to tell about her masters? All of the above?

IDK

Left and went on bout my day. She was gone just as fast as she came.

shit where do i begin.....

well i this is a failed put back shot..

you know how you miss the first time, but you follow your shot. catch the bal, and tr to get the lay up.....

yea....i missed the lay up.....

the first shot...ehhhh.....

well here's the story...

I'm working at TSA/BWI......

this is 20-21 year old Du right before I got my apartment....actually this is the story about how I had enough and ended up getting my first apartment.....

there was this chick at the airport... let's call her bey.....simply because at the time she was a dead on Ghetto beyonce look alike...

and this was like 2003....

so shorty was the
tumblr_mr37112QCz1sbq2uso1_500.gif

giphy.gif

MealyInfiniteAlligatorsnappingturtle-max-1mb.gif

beyonce before the kids n al that shit....

so anyway....bey at the airport... mad niggaz done shot, all done failed....

now don't get me wrong, shorty was bad.....but i didn't really interact with her like that, and i've never been the type to overly go at a chick just cuz...unless...unless something like what happened happened...

Now just like i am on here, i've always been a jokester, talking shit, roasting niggaz....all that... that's always been me....and at 20 i was way less filtered....i'd say a lotta shit just for the reactions....

I've also never been the most fly nigga....i admit to that every day any day.. i never was the jordan copping type nigga.. $100 jeans, or polo's shirts or none of that shit....

i was for the most part a regular bum ass nrd ass looking nigga.....i rock my little tshirts, and my jeans, and whatever sneakers i had on sale.....i could hook up a walmart fit real quick for a party or something... but i admittedly was no fresh ass fashionable designer type nigga...never had been.....

even when my boys was pressed over that shit...and that's how the conversation of shorty came up one day.....young niggaz.....chilling in the airport...talking about chicks....

and ofcourse bey come up....

and niggaz immdediaetly start talking all this ridicuouls over the top shit a nigga gotta be or have to pull shorty....

like they immediately disqualfied all us, talking niggaz gotta have a benz...gotta rock these kinda jeans... gotta make bank, that's why all the mtap (airport police) be trying to holla at her, them niggaz got dough...bla bla bla bla....

and im like... man yall niggaz stupid.....you don't need all that shit to pull no chick....all u gotta do is be funny, and make them think they're interesting n shit.....shit's easy.....

naturally niggaz laughed like fuck at me
giphy.gif

like i had no idea what i was talking about.....

so i was like ... bet.......watch me work.....

and i legit worked...we worked on different piers, but they had better food court n theirs... so after a few days going over there, me and her was already laughing and joking with eachother whenever i passed through..

like a week later, she was bringing me lunch to our break room n shit... one of the niggaz tried to hate by putting the shit on blast "bey who you over here for? i know you ain't coming over here to see D!" then another day in the break room he tried to hate again "ok D, i guess you won the bet" and everybody looking at him with cold ass eyes....like what bet???

i swear that nigga was a hater but i played it off by saying "i bet him i could get you to bring me lunch like i'm your king" and she just laughed and punched my arm.. shorty was cool.....

i even drunk popped up on her one night....tok her out to get something to eat at a diner like 330am.....

like i was in there.....

but again....i'm only like 20, she like 19...neither of us had a crib....

so boom, i think it was labor day.....she hits me up like she wants to get some crabs do i wanna get some crabs....i check the account, i had like $115 till payday.....hell yea, i can make that work... i'm talkin shit...yea..we can get crab it's whatever how many you want....i'll swing by in a little..i'm like yea... this bout to pop off...

well i pick shorty up and she like

"i don't really want to eat them at my house, you got somewhere we can go?"
:cry:

i didn't.

my house was too crowded at the time. My uncle, aunt, and my three little cousins just moved in......i damn near got caught smashing a chick there a few weeks ago, no way i was gonna gamble bringing be there.

most of my homeboys that had cribs were scumbags and i knew they would try to smash. wasn't worth the effort. my sister lived in the projects, and her palce be dirty, plus her kids nosey, and niggaz walk in and out of her spot like it's the corner store.....

i literally had no where to go....and after we got the crabs and drinks, i only had like $45 left, and the nicest cheap room i knew about cost $80.

sure we could go to an hourly motel.....and an older me would have made that choice no hesitation... but considering i was dumb young....i think i had only had sex with like 2 or 3 chicks at that point in my life....and bey would have definitely been the baddest chick i had......

but i was just stuck, so we ended up back at her house...

but i could tell i lost.....everything in her demeanor told me it was a losing battle..

i tired to lighten the mood with jokes n shit.....but she found less and less funny....
i was defeated....

my next check i was like fuck it, and ut the whole shit on a deposit for the cheapest apartment i could find in the city magazine....

rent was $425 a month...like about 3 weeks of getting settled i saw bey walking through the airport.....

and again this chick was seriously gorgeous...i was like:come here:
"aye bey, u know i got a partment the other day, you needa come by some time, it could use a woman's touch"

wih just a flip of the hair she responded....

"you betta get ur momma to come by then"
:boybye:

i was crushed... my boy was shocked.....he was like i had to have smashed... there was too much coldness and disgust in her tone. I've must've done something to her.

I was like....naw..we both know i shoulda did something to her....and she'll never forgive me for it:cry:

damn bruh... this the kinda shit you tell when you're drunk at the bar and the barkeep is like "this round's on the house..."

I was about 15. Went into McDonald's with my little bro to get some food. Beautiful light skinned chick working the counter. She flirting with me and even gave me some extra shit. So im slow and im literally shy/ scared of women. So i told my little bro to go back in there to get the number. He comes back out and he says she wants me to come back. Im pumped. I go in thinking im about to get them digits i ask her and she says naw......nigga i was ready to cry.
Ayo fuck McDonald's b

Was in the car w/ this chick I knew from HS

we smokin & then she gets to talkin bout dildos & sexual shit

I got aroused & thought "fuck it"

pulled my shit out lol

she gets shocked like "no I wasn't tryna imply blah blah blah"

I'm like "ok", put it back up & continued the convo like nothin ever happened lol

Du's story reminded me of this shit that happened back in '90.

I was 18 when this happened. The summer after High School I worked at the biggest, most well known car audio chain in Detroit. Even though we only got paid $4.25/hr plus commission, working there was basically rockstar status in the hood. Once anybody knew you worked there you were automatically "that dude". Anyways, I worked at the store down on Warren Ave and the Southfield Freeway. Because of it's proximity to Dearborn and SW Detroit I got a shitload of drug dealers and paid as fuck Chaldeans as customers and damned near every one of them had fine ass chicks on their arm. Back then the sales staff had to dress up for work; either a company polo or a button up, dress pants or khaki's and a decent pair of shoes so every day I was in my OakTree/Chess King fits with some dress shoes lookin like I got a lil money and I used to pull numbers outta there left and right with ease.

My boss at the time was one of the owner's brothers, cool ass older Chaldean cat named Gary. One day we're both up front shootin the shit with one of our installers since he wasn't busy at the moment, cat from Chicago named Smokey Mac. This fine as fuck broad comes in the door by herself. Flawless dark brown skin, hair and nails done, no makeup other than lipstick on, D/DD cup titties, tiny waist, ass lookin like two basketballs stuffed in her mini dress. She comes over to the counter like "I think I need a new radio, can one of y'all come look?" This nigga Smokey all in on her and he's like "Sure baby, I'll come look at it... " and Gary stops him like "Koncept... go ahead and check it out", grinnin the whole time. Mac was pissed and me saying "aye bruh, you know that my job" didn't make it any better. So I go outside and she's got a bright red ASC McLaren Mustang convertible sittin on some shiny ass Wheel Concepts Hammers. I take a look at it, comment on the car 'cause McLaren 'stangs are pretty rare, and chop it up with her. Turns out there's a tape stuck in her deck and I couldn't get it out so I told her I'd have to charge are $20 to have an installer pull the radio and try to get it out. I got the keys and walked back in and told Mac to pull it in and try to get the tape out the radio and he did. Told her she could wait in the waiting area or look around in the showroom at another radio. I wasn't trying to sweat ole girl 'cause i knew she got that kind of attention all day long and I just KNEW she had a man so it was probably pointless for me to even shoot my shot, but still I wanted to... I just had to find the right angle to come at her. While I was writing up the ticket Gary's like "so did you holler at her? Koncept she's fine as hell... if I wasn't married I'd be over there right now trying to holler." I told him ain't no way she's single and was like I ain't trying to be the 50th dude trying to holler today just to get shot down so I played it safe.

Anyways, Mac comes out and says he couldn't get the tape out and showed her just how bad it was so now she needs a new radio. I'm showing her radios in the showroom and all that cracking jokes and shit to get her purse strings loosened up and we ended up actually vibing. Shit was going well and I ended up selling her a high end Kenwood deck. While she was waiting for it to be installed I walked over by the waiting area to grab a can of pop out the vending machine. On the way back she stopped me and asked how come I haven't tried to holler at her like every other dude and I told her "'cause I'm not trying to be that guy... I know every dude you meet is trying to holler at you, dudes that's got more money or has influence in the City done tried to holler at you... prolly before you got here. I'm just a salesman, and if dudes with better jobs or drug dealers couldn't get the number, I really don't have a chance so my best bet is to keep it cordial, keep it professional and leave it like that".

... now... for those of you that haven't figured it out, this was me actually factually shooting my shot. The baddest chick I've seen in my life up to that point is sittin in front of me flat out asking me why I haven't tried to holler and I STILL haven't tried to get the digits is all part of the master plan. Play it off, keep it light, and eventually she'll come to me with it... And the shit was working beautifully. I knew it was just a matter of time before she insisted that I take her number and call her and the shit was working like a charm. So we sat there kicking it some more just talking the usual "where you live?", "what do you do?"... lil shit like that gettin her to feed into the shit even more. About a half hour goes by and Mac finally comes back up front with the keys and hands 'em to me. We go out to the car and both get in and I'm showing her how to do shit on the radio and she's like "you know... This could be us this weekend... You want to go out?" On the inside I was jumping up and down screaming "YES... FUCK YEAH IT WORKED!!!" but on the outside I was like "Yeah... That's sounds cool. I get off at 7 on Saturday" so we go back in and I give Gary and Mac "the look" tellin' em "I got this y'all" and she pays for the radio and I give her the receipt. She gives me a hug and was like "Oh, can you come out and show me one more thing?" and I 'm like "sure, lets go" and walk out behind her, lookin over my shoulder at Gary and Mac like "you know it".

We get outside and she's all close up on me and shit talkin some good shit like she appreciates me for not hollerin like that and everything. Then she's like "Why don't I come over to your place when you get off tonight?". Now I realize I'm fucked. I can't have her come by the crib 'cause I'm still living at home with my moms and sisters so I gotta finesse this shit just right and I tell her "Damn... I have a gig tonight up in Flint so I'm not gonna be in until late, if I even come back. Might chill with my peoples up there and drive back in the morning". She bought that, crisis averted for now. Then she says "drive back... Oh, so which car is yours?" looking out at the parking lot. I told her my car isn't there, it's in the shop and I have to borrow my moms ride to go to Flint.

"uh... huh..."

Then she hit me with it: "so, how old are you?"

"Does it really matter?"
"Yeah it kinda does"
"I don't think it really matters, what matters is that we connected and like each other's company"
"uh huh... how old are you?"

I paused for a moment... "Aiight... I'm 18".

She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh with "oh my god!". She shook her head and said "Baby i'm 25, you're just too young for me to be going out with you. You don't have a car, do you? and lemme guess, you live at home with your parents?" I told her she was right on both parts, but then tried to switch it up like "But you gotta admit you was feelin a bruh though, of all the dudes that spit game at you the one cat you're really feelin is me. That should tell you shit is right.". I made my case for about 5 minutes in the parking lot, even looked like I was swinging her to give it a shot but she came back to her senses and told me "... I can't even have a drink with you... maybe in a few years", gave me a kiss on the cheek, thanked me for the radio, and got in the ride and drove off.

I went back in and Gary was like "About time, did you fuck her in the parking lot or something" and laughed. Mac came at me like "I know you got the number, so when y'all goin out?"

"I did't get it, she said I was too young".
"Why ain't you lie about your age, you 'posta lie about your age"

I didn't even have a real answer. Them dudes clowned the fuck outta me for fuckin that shit up for the rest of the day. They told the other installer when he finally got done with his car and dude just shook his head and went back out to the garage.

The one fail I had that was unique was on a college campus. I'm walking towards the cafeteria building. It's busy on campus, I cross the street and do one of those brief eye catches. Nothing special, just looked in a random direction, me and this girl caught eyes for a split second. Just so happens my route is leading me to pass behind her. The closer I got I hear her talking to this white girl, classmate I assume, bout how she just got her masters. She all happy and gitty, plus she a cute thang. Probably earlier 30's looking, I notice them students with masters do look aged. Them shits take a while to get I believe.

So, yeah. Walking pass her, not paying no mind, she runs up on a nigga. "I just got my masters!", she says all melodic like. "Now you and me finna walk. Show me where the bathroom at." She puts her hand in mine and now it's cupcake looking shit going on.

I looked at her for moment and then said, "Fuck it. Let's go."

We chit chat and all that, I mack her up, she digging it. Bringing all kinds of attention to us, stopping other students that pass us by, telling them bout the fly shit I told her. And of course, bout how she got her masters. Too outgoing for her own good? Nervous? Excited? Yeah, Idk, but I was like, "Talk to them later, let's get going."

BTW, I had no idea where the bathroom was in that place. I pointed to a hallway that looked bathroom-ish and told her to check down there, since we were at my destination. I was gonna grab some food and meet her at a table. She ain't want nothing, so I got my food. Turned around she hadn't came back while I waited in line. Sat at the table she still hadn't shown up. Finished my food a nigga still sitting with an empty chair. Ol'girl never came back. Before I left, I learned the bathrooms were up on the second floor.

Should I have gone looking for her? Did she get lost? Did she grab some other nigga? Found other folks to tell about her masters? All of the above?

IDK

Left and went on bout my day. She was gone just as fast as she came.

Damn bruh....she probably already had her draws off in an empty classroom waiting for you, you missed out.

All you had to do was follow behind her a few mins later and grab her by the hand like “now let’s see if you can Master this.”

Du's story reminded me of this shit that happened back in '90.

I was 18 when this happened. The summer after High School I worked at the biggest, most well known car audio chain in Detroit. Even though we only got paid $4.25/hr plus commission, working there was basically rockstar status in the hood. Once anybody knew you worked there you were automatically "that dude". Anyways, I worked at the store down on Warren Ave and the Southfield Freeway. Because of it's proximity to Dearborn and SW Detroit I got a shitload of drug dealers and paid as fuck Chaldeans as customers and damned near every one of them had fine ass chicks on their arm. Back then the sales staff had to dress up for work; either a company polo or a button up, dress pants or khaki's and a decent pair of shoes so every day I was in my OakTree/Chess King fits with some dress shoes lookin like I got a lil money and I used to pull numbers outta there left and right with ease.

My boss at the time was one of the owner's brothers, cool ass older Chaldean cat named Gary. One day we're both up front shootin the shit with one of our installers since he wasn't busy at the moment, cat from Chicago named Smokey Mac. This fine as fuck broad comes in the door by herself. Flawless dark brown skin, hair and nails done, no makeup other than lipstick on, D/DD cup titties, tiny waist, ass lookin like two basketballs stuffed in her mini dress. She comes over to the counter like "I think I need a new radio, can one of y'all come look?" This nigga Smokey all in on her and he's like "Sure baby, I'll come look at it... " and Gary stops him like "Koncept... go ahead and check it out", grinnin the whole time. Mac was pissed and me saying "aye bruh, you know that my job" didn't make it any better. So I go outside and she's got a bright red ASC McLaren Mustang convertible sittin on some shiny ass Wheel Concepts Hammers. I take a look at it, comment on the car 'cause McLaren 'stangs are pretty rare, and chop it up with her. Turns out there's a tape stuck in her deck and I couldn't get it out so I told her I'd have to charge are $20 to have an installer pull the radio and try to get it out. I got the keys and walked back in and told Mac to pull it in and try to get the tape out the radio and he did. Told her she could wait in the waiting area or look around in the showroom at another radio. I wasn't trying to sweat ole girl 'cause i knew she got that kind of attention all day long and I just KNEW she had a man so it was probably pointless for me to even shoot my shot, but still I wanted to... I just had to find the right angle to come at her. While I was writing up the ticket Gary's like "so did you holler at her? Koncept she's fine as hell... if I wasn't married I'd be over there right now trying to holler." I told him ain't no way she's single and was like I ain't trying to be the 50th dude trying to holler today just to get shot down so I played it safe.

Anyways, Mac comes out and says he couldn't get the tape out and showed her just how bad it was so now she needs a new radio. I'm showing her radios in the showroom and all that cracking jokes and shit to get her purse strings loosened up and we ended up actually vibing. Shit was going well and I ended up selling her a high end Kenwood deck. While she was waiting for it to be installed I walked over by the waiting area to grab a can of pop out the vending machine. On the way back she stopped me and asked how come I haven't tried to holler at her like every other dude and I told her "'cause I'm not trying to be that guy... I know every dude you meet is trying to holler at you, dudes that's got more money or has influence in the City done tried to holler at you... prolly before you got here. I'm just a salesman, and if dudes with better jobs or drug dealers couldn't get the number, I really don't have a chance so my best bet is to keep it cordial, keep it professional and leave it like that".

... now... for those of you that haven't figured it out, this was me actually factually shooting my shot. The baddest chick I've seen in my life up to that point is sittin in front of me flat out asking me why I haven't tried to holler and I STILL haven't tried to get the digits is all part of the master plan. Play it off, keep it light, and eventually she'll come to me with it... And the shit was working beautifully. I knew it was just a matter of time before she insisted that I take her number and call her and the shit was working like a charm. So we sat there kicking it some more just talking the usual "where you live?", "what do you do?"... lil shit like that gettin her to feed into the shit even more. About a half hour goes by and Mac finally comes back up front with the keys and hands 'em to me. We go out to the car and both get in and I'm showing her how to do shit on the radio and she's like "you know... This could be us this weekend... You want to go out?" On the inside I was jumping up and down screaming "YES... FUCK YEAH IT WORKED!!!" but on the outside I was like "Yeah... That's sounds cool. I get off at 7 on Saturday" so we go back in and I give Gary and Mac "the look" tellin' em "I got this y'all" and she pays for the radio and I give her the receipt. She gives me a hug and was like "Oh, can you come out and show me one more thing?" and I 'm like "sure, lets go" and walk out behind her, lookin over my shoulder at Gary and Mac like "you know it".

We get outside and she's all close up on me and shit talkin some good shit like she appreciates me for not hollerin like that and everything. Then she's like "Why don't I come over to your place when you get off tonight?". Now I realize I'm fucked. I can't have her come by the crib 'cause I'm still living at home with my moms and sisters so I gotta finesse this shit just right and I tell her "Damn... I have a gig tonight up in Flint so I'm not gonna be in until late, if I even come back. Might chill with my peoples up there and drive back in the morning". She bought that, crisis averted for now. Then she says "drive back... Oh, so which car is yours?" looking out at the parking lot. I told her my car isn't there, it's in the shop and I have to borrow my moms ride to go to Flint.

"uh... huh..."

Then she hit me with it: "so, how old are you?"

"Does it really matter?"
"Yeah it kinda does"
"I don't think it really matters, what matters is that we connected and like each other's company"
"uh huh... how old are you?"

I paused for a moment... "Aiight... I'm 18".

She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh with "oh my god!". She shook her head and said "Baby i'm 25, you're just too young for me to be going out with you. You don't have a car, do you? and lemme guess, you live at home with your parents?" I told her she was right on both parts, but then tried to switch it up like "But you gotta admit you was feelin a bruh though, of all the dudes that spit game at you the one cat you're really feelin is me. That should tell you shit is right.". I made my case for about 5 minutes in the parking lot, even looked like I was swinging her to give it a shot but she came back to her senses and told me "... I can't even have a drink with you... maybe in a few years", gave me a kiss on the cheek, thanked me for the radio, and got in the ride and drove off.

I went back in and Gary was like "About time, did you fuck her in the parking lot or something" and laughed. Mac came at me like "I know you got the number, so when y'all goin out?"

"I did't get it, she said I was too young".
"Why ain't you lie about your age, you 'posta lie about your age"

I didn't even have a real answer. Them dudes clowned the fuck outta me for fuckin that shit up for the rest of the day. They told the other installer when he finally got done with his car and dude just shook his head and went back out to the garage.

Damn, you write books don’t it? Tf

Back