Welcome To aBlackWeb

Shooting Your Shot Fails.......... Let's talk about them

This is from a thread I created but let's see how it goes on here. I know everyone on the internet never failed at anything but let's talk about it

:cont:

I went on a trip to the zoo one year in 5th grade. Trip started off cool the chick I liked was in my little group and I had planned it out to shoot my shot at lunchtime. Well lunchtime comes around and young Cain is ready to shoot my shot. Out of nowhere I get the bubble guts I mean the bubble guts that you have maybe 2min to find a restroom or its going to be a problem. Well we pull up to the spot for lunch but the bathrooms are nowhere near close to lunch tables so I had walk fast because running would cause me to blow up. Now I'm speed walking to take this explosive shit and my little crush is looking at me sweating and speed walking to the bathroom. My hating ass friends holla out ayo Cain about to poop on himself. Thankfully i made it to the bathroom but I was embarrassed to talk to ol girl and didn't shoot my shot. Damn shame

I shot my shot at this dude I went to school with a while ago. Year and a half.

We knew each other already and were cool. Talk back and forth on post on fb and shit. I had told him I was feeling him and he shot that shit down. I took it like a G though. We still remained cool. It was this shirt online that he posted. That shit was live and it was so him. I bought the shirt for him (I have a giving spirit) and that nigga was hype. He took a pic in it for me blah blah. So we still cool, it is what it is.

MONTHS later, I’m sitting at home and he messages me and ask if my brother still live by me. I told him yea. He said okay. He asked me to meet him by my brother house and come to find out he bought me a purple toaster that i mentioned on Facebook. He even had on the shirt. It was cute but I ain’t like him like that no more.

shit where do i begin.....

well i a failed put back shot..

you know how you miss the first time, but you follow your shot. catch the ball, and try to get the lay up.....

yea....i missed the lay up.....

the first shot...ehhhh.....

well here's the story...

I'm working at TSA/BWI......

this is 20-21 year old Du right before I got my 1rst apartment....actually this is the story about how enough was enough and ended up getting my first apartment.....

there was this chick at the airport... let's call her bey.....simply because at the time she was a dead on Ghetto beyonce look alike...

and this was like 2003....

so shorty was the
tumblr_mr37112QCz1sbq2uso1_500.gif

giphy.gif

MealyInfiniteAlligatorsnappingturtle-max-1mb.gif

beyonce before the kids n all that shit....

so anyway....bey at the airport... mad niggaz done shot their shot, all done failed....

now don't get me wrong, shorty was bad.....but i didn't really interact with her like that, and i've never been the type to overly go at a chick just cuz...unless...unless something like what happened happened...

Now just like i am on here, i've always been a jokester, talking shit, roasting niggaz....all that... that's always been me....and at 20 i was way less filtered....i'd say a lotta shit just for the reactions....

I've also never been the most fly nigga....i admit to that every day any day.. i never was the jordan copping type nigga.. $100 jeans, or polo's shirts or none of that shit....

i was for the most part a regular bummy ass nerdy ass looking nigga.....i rock my little tshirts, and my jeans, and whatever sneakers i could find on sale.....i could hook up a walmart fit real quick for a party or something... but i admittedly was no fresh ass fashionable designer type nigga...never had been.....

even when my boys was pressed over that materialistic shit, it was never for mo...and that's how the conversation of shorty came up one day.....young niggaz.....chilling in the airport...talking about chicks....

and ofcourse bey come up....

and niggaz immdediaetly start talking all this ridicuouls over the top shit a nigga gotta be or have to pull a shorty like her....

like they immediately disqualfied all of us, talking bout niggaz gotta have a benz...gotta rock these kinda jeans... gotta make bank, gotta be up on everything....that's why all the mtap (airport police) Niggaz be trying to holla at her, them niggaz got dough...bla bla bla bla....

and im like... man yall niggaz stupid.....you don't need all that shit to pull no chick....all u gotta do is be funny, and make them think they're interesting n shit.....shit's easy.....

naturally niggaz laughed like fuck at me
giphy.gif

like i had no idea what i was talking about.....

so i was like ... bet.......watch me work.....

and i legit worked...we worked on different piers, but they had better food court n theirs... so after a few days going over there, me and her was already laughing and joking with eachother whenever i passed through..

like a week later, she was bringing me lunch to our break room n shit... one of the niggaz tried to hate by putting the shit on blast "bey who you over here for? i know you ain't coming over here to see D!" then another day in the break room he tried to hate again "ok D, i guess you won the bet" and everybody looking at him with cold ass eyes....like what bet???

i swear that nigga was a hater but i played it off by saying "i bet him i could get you to bring me lunch like i'm your king" and she just laughed and punched my arm.. shorty was cool.....

i even drunk popped up on her one night....took her out to get something to eat at this 24 hour diner at like 330am.....

like i was in there.....

but again....i'm only like 20, she like 19...neither of us had a crib....

so boom, i think it was labor day.....she hits me up like she wants to get some crabs do i wanna get some crabs....i check the account, i had like $115 till payday.....hell yea, i can make that work... i'm talkin shit...yea..we can get crab it's whatever how many you want....i'll swing by in a little..i'm like yea... this bout to pop off...

well i pick shorty up and she like

"i don't really want to eat them at my house, you got somewhere we can go?"
:cry:

i didn't.

my house was too crowded at the time. My uncle, aunt, and my three little cousins just moved in......i damn near got caught smashing a chick there a few weeks ago, no way i was gonna gamble bringing bey there.

most of my homeboys that had cribs were scumbags and i knew they would try to smash. wasn't worth the effort. my sister lived in the projects, and her palce be dirty, plus her kids nosey, and niggaz walk in and out of her spot like it's the corner store.....

i literally had no where to go....and after we got the crabs and drinks, i only had like $45 left, and the nicest cheap room i knew about cost $80.

sure we could go to an hourly motel.....and an older me would have made that choice no hesitation... but considering i was dumb young....i think i had only had sex with like 2 or 3 chicks at that point in my life....and bey would have definitely been the baddest chick i had......I couldn't subject her to no hole in the wall

i was stuck, so we ended up back at her house...

And i could tell i lost.....everything in her demeanor told me it was a losing battle..

i tired to lighten the mood with jokes n shit.....but she found less and less shit funny.... Kept asking what time it was.. Talking bout she was supposed to be doing something later with her girls....

i was defeated....

my next paypay ch i was like fuck it, and put the whole shit on a deposit for the cheapest apartment i could find in the city magazine....

rent was $425 a month... And after about 3 weeks of getting settled i saw bey walking through the airport.....

and again this chick was seriously gorgeous...i was like:come here:
"aye bey, u know i got a partment over east the other day, you needa come by some time, it could use a woman's touch"

wih just a flip of the hair she responded....

"you betta get ur momma to come by then"
:boybye:

i was crushed... my boy was shocked.....he was like i had to have smashed... there was too much coldness and disgust in her tone. I've must've done something to her.

I was like....naw, I ain't do shit, we both know i shoulda did something to her tho....and she'll never forgive me for it

shit where do i begin.....

well i this is a failed put back shot..

you know how you miss the first time, but you follow your shot. catch the bal, and tr to get the lay up.....

yea....i missed the lay up.....

the first shot...ehhhh.....

well here's the story...

I'm working at TSA/BWI......

this is 20-21 year old Du right before I got my apartment....actually this is the story about how I had enough and ended up getting my first apartment.....

there was this chick at the airport... let's call her bey.....simply because at the time she was a dead on Ghetto beyonce look alike...

and this was like 2003....

so shorty was the
tumblr_mr37112QCz1sbq2uso1_500.gif

giphy.gif

MealyInfiniteAlligatorsnappingturtle-max-1mb.gif

beyonce before the kids n al that shit....

so anyway....bey at the airport... mad niggaz done shot, all done failed....

now don't get me wrong, shorty was bad.....but i didn't really interact with her like that, and i've never been the type to overly go at a chick just cuz...unless...unless something like what happened happened...

Now just like i am on here, i've always been a jokester, talking shit, roasting niggaz....all that... that's always been me....and at 20 i was way less filtered....i'd say a lotta shit just for the reactions....

I've also never been the most fly nigga....i admit to that every day any day.. i never was the jordan copping type nigga.. $100 jeans, or polo's shirts or none of that shit....

i was for the most part a regular bum ass nrd ass looking nigga.....i rock my little tshirts, and my jeans, and whatever sneakers i had on sale.....i could hook up a walmart fit real quick for a party or something... but i admittedly was no fresh ass fashionable designer type nigga...never had been.....

even when my boys was pressed over that shit...and that's how the conversation of shorty came up one day.....young niggaz.....chilling in the airport...talking about chicks....

and ofcourse bey come up....

and niggaz immdediaetly start talking all this ridicuouls over the top shit a nigga gotta be or have to pull shorty....

like they immediately disqualfied all us, talking niggaz gotta have a benz...gotta rock these kinda jeans... gotta make bank, that's why all the mtap (airport police) be trying to holla at her, them niggaz got dough...bla bla bla bla....

and im like... man yall niggaz stupid.....you don't need all that shit to pull no chick....all u gotta do is be funny, and make them think they're interesting n shit.....shit's easy.....

naturally niggaz laughed like fuck at me
giphy.gif

like i had no idea what i was talking about.....

so i was like ... bet.......watch me work.....

and i legit worked...we worked on different piers, but they had better food court n theirs... so after a few days going over there, me and her was already laughing and joking with eachother whenever i passed through..

like a week later, she was bringing me lunch to our break room n shit... one of the niggaz tried to hate by putting the shit on blast "bey who you over here for? i know you ain't coming over here to see D!" then another day in the break room he tried to hate again "ok D, i guess you won the bet" and everybody looking at him with cold ass eyes....like what bet???

i swear that nigga was a hater but i played it off by saying "i bet him i could get you to bring me lunch like i'm your king" and she just laughed and punched my arm.. shorty was cool.....

i even drunk popped up on her one night....tok her out to get something to eat at a diner like 330am.....

like i was in there.....

but again....i'm only like 20, she like 19...neither of us had a crib....

so boom, i think it was labor day.....she hits me up like she wants to get some crabs do i wanna get some crabs....i check the account, i had like $115 till payday.....hell yea, i can make that work... i'm talkin shit...yea..we can get crab it's whatever how many you want....i'll swing by in a little..i'm like yea... this bout to pop off...

well i pick shorty up and she like

"i don't really want to eat them at my house, you got somewhere we can go?"

i didn't.

my house was too crowded at the time. My uncle, aunt, and my three little cousins just moved in......i damn near got caught smashing a chick there a few weeks ago, no way i was gonna gamble bringing be there.

most of my homeboys that had cribs were scumbags and i knew they would try to smash. wasn't worth the effort. my sister lived in the projects, and her palce be dirty, plus her kids nosey, and niggaz walk in and out of her spot like it's the corner store.....

i literally had no where to go....and after we got the crabs and drinks, i only had like $45 left, and the nicest cheap room i knew about cost $80.

sure we could go to an hourly motel.....and an older me would have made that choice no hesitation... but considering i was dumb young....i think i had only had sex with like 2 or 3 chicks at that point in my life....and bey would have definitely been the baddest chick i had......

but i was just stuck, so we ended up back at her house...

but i could tell i lost.....everything in her demeanor told me it was a losing battle..

i tired to lighten the mood with jokes n shit.....but she found less and less funny....
i was defeated....

my next check i was like fuck it, and ut the whole shit on a deposit for the cheapest apartment i could find in the city magazine....

rent was $425 a month...like about 3 weeks of getting settled i saw bey walking through the airport.....

and again this chick was seriously gorgeous...i was like:come here:
"aye bey, u know i got a partment the other day, you needa come by some time, it could use a woman's touch"

wih just a flip of the hair she responded....

"you betta get ur momma to come by then"
:boybye:

i was crushed... my boy was shocked.....he was like i had to have smashed... there was too much coldness and disgust in her tone. I've must've done something to her.

I was like....naw..we both know i shoulda did something to her....and she'll never forgive me for it:cry:

Shyt...I felt the ether in this one.

I have a friend. To this day she doesn’t admit to this story but it happened. We met and she was single and I was single but had a more female friends than she was comfortable with. We would hang out all the time. Go to the movies and go do dinner. I guess now you would say I was friend zoned but everyone including her friends said we should be dating. Her personality was one where she wanted you to cut everyone off just to date her and I was a young lion so that wasn’t happening. So one time we were at the movies and I thought to myself that this was a time to really make a move( her best friend told me All I had to do was stop with the other women and it was a go) so we were at the movies and put my hand on her leg during the movie. Bad move. She proceeded to remove y hand and look t me like she could kill me. We were 8 months in on our friendship and I couldn’t even touch a leg? I was furious and after that we stopped hanging out one on one. She is still one of my best friends and says the only reason we never dated because I loved women too much and would get serious. We were like 23 at the time and I wasn’t trying to settle down. But she denies the movie incident and says she would have never rejected me like that.

My first time asking for a phone number, I was probally a freshman in blockbuster music.....the cashier said, "ooooh I like this cd" ....my nerd ass went out to the car where my uncle was waiting for me....I looked too much into it obviously but I told him and he convinced me to go back in and ask for her number....I must of waited 15 20 mins before I did so.......that no made me sink into the floor I was too embarrased to ever go back to that location.....About a month later I was at another one and these two girls approach me just customers like myself and try to strike up a convo.....but I wasn't about too feel that shame again, I went back on my shy shit and basically ignored them....I regret letting rejection fuck that situation up for me, it could have went better.

My mind blocked most of my rejections I dont think I can possibly. ........wait I remember. ...

Thicc booty Spanish mamacita was the new girl in middle school she was cool taught me curse words to call people in Spanish everyday she would smile at me and wave, my Japanese nigga andy knew what was up "luke she smiled at you again u da man u da pimp!

I told myself if she do it again ima write her a love letter telling her how much I adored her buttocks

remember i was macking on this chick in HS her bday comes i gave her book for her bday...the chick threw the book in her locker like i dont want no damn book....last i heard she was working at Subway

The letter is finished I re-read my work it sounds like some shit u read in a playboy magazine lol

I told andy give her the letter and tell me what she say when she finish her lunch I come out of class this nigga said

Luke why would u say that freaky stuff to her?! She is so mad at youuuu! Im like what the fuck I thought me and her was cool I see her she wasnt smiling and waving no more lmao smmfh she got 3 kids now by another weirdo besides me

Last edited:
I switched schools for a girl I met on aol, but when I got to said school, she sent her friends to me to talk to me.....I guess they thought I sucked so bad we never really even met or had a conversation.....they where the "mean girl" types and I didn't know that......I started talking to a girl the same day though and just ignored the first bitch

My mind blocked most of my rejections I dont think I can possibly. ........wait I remember. ...

Thicc booty Spanish mamacita was the new girl in middle school she was cool taught me curse words to call people in Spanish everyday she would smile at me and wave, my Japanese nigga andy knew what was up "luke she smiled at you again u da man u da pimp!

I told myself if she do it again ima write her a love letter telling her how much I adored her buttocks
love letter? better put that shit in a rap

I have a friend. To this day she doesn’t admit to this story but it happened. We met and she was single and I was single but had a more female friends than she was comfortable with. We would hang out all the time. Go to the movies and go do dinner. I guess now you would say I was friend zoned but everyone including her friends said we should be dating. Her personality was one where she wanted you to cut everyone off just to date her and I was a young lion so that wasn’t happening. So one time we were at the movies and I thought to myself that this was a time to really make a move( her best friend told me All I had to do was stop with the other women and it was a go) so we were at the movies and put my hand on her leg during the movie. Bad move. She proceeded to remove y hand and look t me like she could kill me. We were 8 months in on our friendship and I couldn’t even touch a leg? I was furious and after that we stopped hanging out one on one. She is still one of my best friends and says the only reason we never dated because I loved women too much and would get serious. We were like 23 at the time and I wasn’t trying to settle down. But she denies the movie incident and says she would have never rejected me like that.
you deserved it if you tried it despite knowing her reservations and your reluctance to drop those other chicks fam

glad you've grown

I had just gotten my brand new Ford Explorer. I had a job, i stayed matching from my hat to my sneakers. I had focused on working out so I was cut up. I had a my big fro tied down to mini dreads. I had gone a fucking winning streak of shots. Plus I’m handsome so I felt like a fuckin gawd. No woman was turning me down, and I put so little effort in it.

Out wit the niggaz infront a corner store I approach a brawd. Her clique was giving me the eyes but she wasn’t so I felt this was a conquest to feed my ego. Approached her and shot, she denied the bucket. Told me “no thank you”

I said babygirl
BD6CB97E-CC80-4648-A60D-D533CE19E13A.gif
Do you know who I am, do you know where I be, do you know how I do.

She said..”yes I do, and the answer is no thank you” and walked off.

Everybody out there

9621C5E9-D14A-41C7-9ABF-96AC05F23B50.gif

No lie bruh, she made me feel so fuckin small. Like everything I did and do to pull bitches means nothing to a woman that don’t care.

I real life reevaluate my life

you deserved it if you tried it despite knowing her reservations and your reluctance to drop those other chicks fam

glad you've grown
Wait Nuh. I know you are in a great relationship now but when you were single you expected a man to drop everything just to date you? Ok I can understand that at the point we are in a committed relationship that involves intimacy I should cease being that way with others but at the dating stage? Sisters that is too much to ask.

Also, @BNE it was just a hand on the leg. She could have let me leave it there. She is/and was super religious but she was not a virgin at the time.

Back