Sexual abuse in the black community thread.

You completely miss the point.

By the time you discover something is happening, it's already too late. Obviously you do something about it, but you couldn't prevent it from happening in the first place.
That’s what I meant if or when you find out you do something about it

we obviously can’t stop everything before it happens but asking what to do about somebody in the home after the act had happened seems like a common sense answer would fit.
True so we are on the same page.

So since there is a sexual abuse problem in the black community so far the solutions are classes and courses to teach black males. So how old should we be teaching these black males?

So since there is a sexual abuse problem in the black community so far the solutions are classes and courses to teach black males. So how old should we be teaching these black males?

Stop this. The problem ain't confined to Black males. There are Black male AND female predators, as I can personally attest to.

same time frame when gay folks on tv can influence your kids

this also ain’t just about male perps

Stop this. The problem ain't confined to Black males. There are Black male AND female predators, as I can personally attest to.
The question was about sexual abuse and it was specific to males. I’m not trying to get into semantics just trying to find solutions.

same time frame when gay folks on tv can influence your kids

this also ain’t just about male perps
That could be any age but for the sake of the argument let’s say 8 years old. What do we teach them?

Why as a whole do we not discuss sex abuse in the community like we should? Our kids are a lot of the missing victims used in sex trafficking boys and girls? We have millions of adults dealing with sexually related trauma that spills over into different aspects of their lives? We are also socially conservative through culture and religion could that be a reason we don’t like addressing these things until it made public? How do we change this for the long term?

What do yall think stops victims from coming forward and what can we as a collective do to make ppl feel comfortable enough to talk about it?