Welcome To aBlackWeb

Scottie Pippen coming out with a book to counter The Last Dance

Didn’t Pippen lead a team to 50+ wins and the second round though?

And was a leader on the blazer team that was in the WCF that got fucked out the finals by the refs?

That 94 team still had MJs imprint. 95 Scottie is temperamental the team isn't as good.

The MJ rumors of him are coming back. Batman returns Scottie is now Robin again

200.gif

Didn’t Pippen lead a team to 50+ wins and the second round though?

And was a leader on the blazer team that was in the WCF that got fucked out the finals by the refs?

Pippen i guess is what you would call the leader cuz of the rings and experience but he wasn't the on court leader.

That game 7 against the lakers, Pippen was 3-10 and 0-3 in the fourth quarter. A negative 17 in the 4th quarter.

If he was that guy y'all want him to be he should have made a shot in the 4th quarter to stop the bleeding

I guess I’m in the minority but I didn’t think The Last Dance Documentary made Pippen look too bad. I might have to watch the shit again though because I only watched it once and that’s when it first came out. Lmao.

but on the real Jordan has always said he would’ve never won anything without Scottie and he always gives him praise. I mean he even gave so much love to Scottie in his Hall of Fame speech.

the stuff they touched on about Pippen that I remember from the documentary was all well known stuff. I gotta watch this shit again now because honestly I can’t really recall him getting shitted on…….. maybe he did????? LMAO

Mike gives and has always given Scottie praise. It's the public that downplays Pippens role and has basically turned being called the "Pippen to someone's MJ" an insult.

Game 4 the 98 series against the Pacers. This the game Reggie hit the 3.

Scottie had an opportunity to ice the game at the free throw line.

Go to 5:40. Scottie wanted no parts of the free throws. He short armed both.

This not the guy you want taking a shot in the 4th quarter

LMAO Yall really acting like Kobe, MJ, KD etc... was perfect in late game situations.

Hell KD just air balled a game winner and Curry is like 1-14 in late game shots in the post season.

And lets not forgot, yall rank him higher than me

LMAO Yall really acting like Kobe, MJ, KD etc... was perfect in late game situations.

Hell KD just air balled a game winner and Curry is like 1-14 in late game shots in the post season.

And lets not forgot, yall rank him higher than me

Ain't nobody perfect but i want MJ KD and Kobe with the ball in their hands down the stretch and sure as hell don't want Pippen shooting it

At the end of the day..Phil called the right play. Kukoc made the shot and had made it b4 on that same play. how u sour at your team winning. What kinda leader is that.

Probably by far my one knock against Pippen. I watched game and wonder why Pippen wasn't on the floor. After Kukoc hit that game winner and I found out why...I just smmfh @ Pip man. C'mon bruh.

If it wasn't for a horrible call in game 5 against the Knicks who knows how far that 94 team would have went. Scottie balled out that year minus the Kukoc play

Til this day I still remember that shyt vividly. If it wasn't for that call...oh we was going to the finals. Now would we have beaten the Rockets...meh. That Rockets squad was serious af.

Something we will never know. What we do know was Jordan was getting swept out the playoffs until Scottie came through. He has a right to lash out the way people shit on him and give Jordan the credit that they both should have

Honestly if we're being really...REALLY real...I've ALWAYS credited 3 of them 6 titles to 3 other Bulls players...

John Paxson 3pt that put us up by 1 in that game 6 series against the Suns

Steve Kerr game winner against the Jazz

Horace Grant...yes Horace Grant. Back to that game 6 against the Suns, that shot Paxson hit only put us up by 1. Suns got the ball wit 3.9sec left. Ball got inbounded, and Kevin Johnson was going up to take a shot. He was a lil past the free throw line, and had a clear shot. Hell he actually got by, but Grant actually reached back and blocked it to seal the game. If it wasn't for that block, I think KJ would've hit that shot for the game winner, and sent it to a game 7.

Not a basketball but niggas talking like Pippen trash like MJ had all these rings before him. Niggas was a key piece of the squad

Scottie Pippen’s latest bridge-burning tour is a reminder that hurt people hurt people

Andrew Lawrence
Tue, July 6, 2021, 4:30 AM

Once a staple of the fin-de-siècle Chicago Stadium scoreboard, the M&M race was the sprinkling on top of the ultimate sporting delight, a tasty bit of timeout entertainment to keep Bulls fans amped as the best basketball team on the planet schemed amid the screams. But when Michael Jordan turned up at the arena one day for shootaround, this sweet in-game set piece – an 8-bit, one-lap time trial between three candy-coated sprinters – transformed into something altogether sour: yet another opportunity to dupe Scottie Pippen.
Related: NBA finals predictions: Bucks or Suns? Our writers share their picks
As the legend goes, Jordan notices the M&M race unfolding overhead and beckons a Bulls staffer to explain what he’s seeing. Told it’s a dry-run of that night’s race, history’s most noted competition addict then asks if the winner is predetermined – and gets the answer he seeks. Cut to later that night: The Bulls call a timeout, and Jordan takes a sideline seat among his teammates as the M&M race is about to begin. He nudges Pippen and says something on the order of “I’ve got five grand on yellow.” Pippen takes the bait and, bless, keeps getting taken for years before he ever gets wise.
As old wives’ tales went during the Bulls’ Ring Dynasty, the M&M race story typifies the genre, crystalizing the perception of Pippen as the loyal but naïve sidekick – the Pinky to Jordan’s Brain. Just when it seemed as if enough time had passed for Pippen to step into his true legacy as a game-changing small forward whose tenacity at both ends – and knack for drawing legitimate offensive fouls in particular – trailed only Jordan himself, the Last Dance documentary came roaring in like Dennis Rodman on a Harley to paint Pippen as the consummate beta male.

Here again he falls victim to the Jordan okey-doke. One minute The Man is saying stuff like: “Whenever they speak Michael Jordan, they should speak Scottie Pippen” – the ultimate compliment, seemingly; the next, Jordan is presenting the closing 1.8 seconds Pippen sat out of Bulls’ 1994 playoff game as a moment of infamy that his best-ever teammate will never live down. Pippen, heaven help him, cannot stop taking the bait.

In a spicy interview with GQ’s Tyler R Tynes late last month, Pippen labeled Jordan “selfish” while defending his own decision to remain on the Chicago Stadium sideline for the rest of that second-round clash with the Knicks when the final play of the game was drawn for rookie Toni Kukoc – calling the decision a “pretty low blow”, then a racially motivated move. Days later, while appearing on The Dan Patrick Show, Pippen put that last charge at the feet of coach Phil Jackson.

Related: The Last Dance: Is the Michael Jordan documentary a dressed-up puff piece?

“Then you’re calling Phil Jackson a racist?” Patrick asked.

“I have no problem with that,” Pippen replied. “Oh yeah.”

Not surprisingly, condemnation fell down on Pippen as hard and fast as an elbow from Shaquille O’Neal. The noted clutch shooter Robert Horry defended his former Lakers coach as a cultural klutz at worst. “Phil is definitely not racist,” Shaq told Fansided.com. Charles Barkley, a longtime adversary of Pippen’s on and off court, accused the former Bulls star of “burning every bridge. (…) It’s silly and stupid.” Given that Pippen’s comments came as he was on a press tour to promote a new bourbon brand and tease a forthcoming book, it’s fair to wonder if maybe he was just suffering a hangover from pulling a Hemingway. (Also, as Jordan himself was keen to point out: Pippen does have a history of migraines.) Still, as the whiskey bard himself wrote in his 1950 novel Across the River and into the Trees, “When people talk listen completely. Most people never listen. Nor do they observe.”

Pippen did play most of his 17-year career under Jackson. And for all of the 11-time champion coach’s Midas touch with superstars like Jordan, Shaq and Kobe Bryant, Jackson’s book 2001 More Than a Game recycles the old stereotype of white players as “more often willing to run patterns and work collectively” while black players aspire to be “the best one-on-one players”. In a 2005 interview with the San Bernardino Sun, Jackson argued that the NBA’s new dress code didn’t go far enough. “The players have been dressing in prison garb the last five or six years,” he said. “To a majority of these young men, the rap stars, hip-hop guys are really kind of like heroes or colleagues. (…) We even have some that are owners in the league.”

And who can forget Jackson, while the Knicks president, obliterating the team’s long-shot chance of luring LeBron James to the Big Apple after dismissing longtime friends and business partners Rich Paul, Maverick Carter and Randy Mims as James’s “posse”. Even the coach’s tight embrace of eastern philosophy and Native American culture, in retrospect, looks a bit cringe for a snow-white missionary kid from rural Montana. (We get it, Phil, you did a ton of drugs in the ‘70s.) “He’s said some stuff before that I had to check him on,” Horry conceded on his podcast. Phil Jackson, ESPN’s Rachel Nichols now: these were supposed to be prime examples of good white folk. But through their words – Nichols’s not meant for public consumption, of course – the coach and the presenter (quick to weaponize her tears on Monday for a hollow on-air apology that was barely as long as a Greek Freak free throw) nonetheless reveal that their apparent conviction for fairness and inclusion lags far behind in the inner M&M race against their innate sense of superiority and their unimpeachable sense of entitlement. Sorry, allies, but these aren’t touch fouls; they’re a flagrant two and, alas, too sure a thing for many who mark themselves as down for the cause.

I pasted as much as I could with the word limit
The rest is in the link

This man was betting on the M&M race they play during the TOs?

Jordan got a serious gambling problem, it’s just he got more than enough money to mask it.

Back