Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Kevin Samuels

It's not confusing. People just act like it is. Simon Cowell was extremely popular for humbling people on American Idol. Diddy's having Da Band walk for his cheesecake was joked about for a long time. "That's a one hot album every 10 year average, and that's so lame", "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker", the whole Story of Adidon. Corey Holcomb's comments on Lizzo.

Everyone gets the entertainment aspect all those times. Then KS comes up, and people can't understand.

People also say Diddy was as asshole and talk shit about him not really being a good person til this day for that and many other things. Trust when he passes there's gonna be plenty people with not so nice shit to say about him too because they're saying it now. Corey Holcomb...really? The dude who just got in some shit for rape jokes? 2Pac is also seen as having gone over the top for Hit Em Up and shit like that is what led many to say he played a hand in his own demise. You're picking some really bad examples where its clear there was actual backlash to the things in real time.

And even if you want to talk about the translation of those things to real life influence, nobody likes the brash boss who berates their employees like Diddy does. Some people won't like the guy who thinks joking about fucking underage girls is a thing ie Corey Holcomb...and with Kevin Samuels people aren't too fond of someone whose influence has led to dudes thinking they've got a license to go around calling women all sorts of fat bitches and worthless just because he did it on youtube.

It's not confusing. People just act like it is. Simon Cowell was extremely popular for humbling people on American Idol. Diddy's having Da Band walk for his cheesecake was joked about for a long time. "That's a one hot album every 10 year average, and that's so lame", "That's why I fucked your bitch you fat mother fucker", the whole Story of Adidon. Corey Holcomb's comments on Lizzo.

Everyone gets the entertainment aspect all those times. Then KS comes up, and people can't understand.

They can understand but folks also getting flack for joking about his death I mean it seem like anything goes

People also say Diddy was as asshole and talk shit about him not really being a good person til this day for that and many other things. Trust when he passes there's gonna be plenty people with not so nice shit to say about him too because they're saying it now. Corey Holcomb...really? The dude who just got in some shit for rape jokes? 2Pac is also seen as having gone over the top for Hit Em Up and shit like that is what led many to say he played a hand in his own demise. You're picking some really bad examples where its clear there was actual backlash to the things in real time.

And even if you want to talk about the translation of those things to real life influence, nobody likes the brash boss who berates their employees like Diddy does. Some people won't like the guy who thinks joking about fucking underage girls is a thing ie Corey Holcomb...and with Kevin Samuels people aren't too fond of someone whose influence has led to dudes thinking they've got a license to go around calling women all sorts of fat bitches and worthless just because he did it on youtube.

You're missing the point. The point is people were entertained by it. These were things done to humble people, and the masses were entertained, and everyone pretty much understood why.

You listened to the beginning of Hit em up, and asked "Why do people like this? How does it benefit them personally?". When comedian roasts people in the audience, you're confused about why the crowd laughs? No.

That's all I'm saying. Everybody gets it... they just act like they don't when it comes to KS.

You're missing the point. The point is people were entertained by it. These were things done to humble people, and the masses were entertained, and everyone pretty much understood why.

You listened to the beginning of Hit em up, and asked "Why do people like this? How does it benefit them personally?". When comedian roasts people in the audience, you're confused about why the crowd laughs? No.

That's all I'm saying. Everybody gets it... they just act like they don't when it comes to KS.

It's not confusing that people find it entertaining. I'm asking why you find it entertaining? What do you get out of seeing some woman get told she's worthless if she's unmarried by 35? Because for many it seems to be an ego boost or like they're having some personal vendetta fulfilled.

It's not confusing that people find it entertaining. I'm asking why you find it entertaining? What do you get out of seeing some woman get told she's worthless if she's unmarried by 35? Because for many it seems to be an ego boost or like they're having some personal vendetta fulfilled.

What did I get out of Pac saying he fucked another man's wife? What do I get out of a comedian joking on the haircut of a guy in the front row? Nothing. It was just entertaining.

Some stuff is just entertaining. Some may have a find some deeper meaning for it to be satisfying... but to a lot of people, it's just regular ol entertaining.

What did I get out of Pac saying he fucked another man's wife? What do I get out of a comedian joking on the haircut of a guy in the front row? Nothing. It was just entertaining.

Some stuff is just entertaining. Some may have a find some deeper meaning for it to be satisfying... but to a lot of people, it's just regular ol entertaining.

I'm guessing by the fact that people is out here that called that man Godfather and said he was their father figure, getting tattoos of that man and yet many more did and continue to use his words and message to denigrate its more than entertainment for many. Just because you may stop at entertainment being what you get out of it doesn't mean that's the majority opinion

Snoop was barely in his 20s when he was making those songs. If Snoop came out now in his 50s saying the same stuff then you know people would react negatively too. Hell people reacted negatively in the 90s. Don't forget they literally were steam rolling rap cds in protest or how vulgar and misogynistic alot of 90s rap was. And has been said people werent as mad at the music itself as they were about the effect it had on younger listeners who then also went around screaming bitches aint shit...much the way alot of Kevin Samuels fans felt they could now go around calling women all sorts of fat bitches as has been done in this very thread. That's not a good comparison at all.
You mean other than the time he called Gayle King a "funky dog-head bitch?"

This shit was hilarious

haha-laughing.gif

A lot of people know folks like that but would never say that to their faces. They feel like "nigga... you a 40 year old manager at Rainbow driving a used Altima and got the nerve to think you better than Stanley the school janitor???". So they're living vicariously through KS's words; he puts people in their place like some folks wish they could themselves.

I think everyone takes blunt and direct as rude and disrespectful because folks are overly sensitive these days. The couple or three videos I glanced at it seemed like dude simply wasn't about to let folks be delusional about their situation. And, yeah, he added a lil to it for emphasis and possibly comedic effect but the message was still there.

Exactly.

Too many people think you're being rude and disrespectful just because you aren't telling them what they want to hear.

For those who haven't seen it.........here's the full video of the average at best/die alone interview:

And here's an excellent synopsis of the video that explains Kevin Samuels appeal:

Back