Welcome To aBlackWeb

REvisiting Your Childhood

Saturday morning in the 70's was the shit. Big ups to Norm Prescott and Lou Scheimer and their spinning logo on damned near every live action show back then.

I think shit is way worse now than back then. Even the worst mf'ers didn't bother the old lady selling candy, now these dudes don't give a fuck.

I dunno, fam. I honestly question whether things are that much worse now...or if now we just have access to so much more information and can SEE so much more of the fuck shit. If you put a gun to my head, I'd say today isn't any crazier than 20 years ago. In terms of the dangers that come along with the concept of a candy lady, anyway.

I remember when The Martian Chronicles mini-series came on TV. Back then ABC, CBS, and NBC actually put effort and money into TV events like this and would have everyone glued to the TV to watch it.

They don't make shit like this anymore.

The Day After had a loooooootta people shook about nuclear war in the 80's. This scene set it for just about everyone I knew back then. Cheesy by today's standards but extremely intense back then.

mighty-morphin-power-rangers.jpg

giphy.gif

FreeJointHummingbird-size_restricted.gif

I had the hangout spot when we ditched school. Mom and pops were gone until evening. We had a chick to make us absent notes to cover our tracks. If you was one of the people who wasn't holding a game controller you was the lookout in case mom and pops pulled up unexpectedly.

Now when you miss school they call and tell you that your kids was absent. Can't pull that ditch shit anymore.

Back