Welcome To aBlackWeb

Revisiting the whole Pound cake speech. A long read. Lets end this.

You’re entitled to that opinion.

200.gif

I just read the speech over again and I really don't see an issue with what he saying.

Did he exaggerate on some things? Yes he did. So much truth in the overall message that its just stupid to get caught on that.
so let me ask you ...since you seem to be one of a few who read it....

was he talking more about parents and parenting?
so in theory since he was saying how parents failed their kids....the kids who didnt or dont have their parents support should be just as angry as cosby is and should be applauding him for call them out.

am i right?

I just read the speech over again and I really don't see an issue with what he saying.

Did he exaggerate on some things? Yes he did. So much truth in the overall message that its just stupid to get caught on that.

You condone him outright blaming the poor? I can not and it's because I'm not ignorant about the connection between wealth, class, parenthood, and criminality.

A speech is not what the poor need.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic and lower middle economic people are [not*] holding their end in this deal."

He's picking on the most oppressed, adversity ridden folks. The people least capable of changing things bare the brunt of his criticism and that's wack

The problem most people that got pissed off about it was that what he said directly applied to their lives. Bill held up a mirror and they didn't like what they saw. Instead of fixing the problems, they decided to take the easy route and admonish Bill for saying it publicly.

The problem most people that got pissed off about it was that what he said directly applied to their lives. Bill held up a mirror and they didn't like what they saw. Instead of fixing the problems, they decided to take the easy route and admonish Bill for saying it publicly.
That’s fair but why not use that same energy to also attack the people that create the system that subjugates black people as well? That’s pretty much been my main argument. Still haven’t gotten an answer to that question, all I’ve gotten was “fuck that let’s focus on tha niggaz1!1”

so let me ask you ...since you seem to be one of a few who read it....

was he talking more about parents and parenting?
so in theory since he was saying how parents failed their kids....the kids who didnt or dont have their parents support should be just as angry as cosby is and should be applauding him for call them out.

am i right?

Yes he talked about lack of parenting.

Thing is I think actual parenting has gone down as younger and younger folks started having kids. Basically kids having kids. They don't know shit and wasn't taught shit so how can the properly teach and raise their own kid(s) So IMO I don't those kids know their parents actually failed them. Their lack of having parenting and their parent being their friend and not their parent has become for a lot kids their normal so they wouldn't know the difference.

Shit I find funniest what Cosby was talking about is the same shit that we talk about damn near daily on here.

He spoke about people stop thinking just praying is going to fix shit. That I'm just going to do nothing and leave up to Jesus shit ain't working.

He spoke about black people being a self contained group and becoming self sufficient and owning the stores and things in our neighborhoods.

He spoke about men being men and leading the neighborhoods and house holds.

He spoke about black people needing to respect themselves.

He spoke about how people speak. Niggas on here talk all day everyday about mumble rap and how ignorant and uneducated these dudes sound in interviews. Yet got a problem with what Cosby was saying.

He spoke about women having a bunch of kids by different men. We talk about and clown the shit out women like that on here and real life.

He spoke about niggas thinking its cool and nothing to go to prison. Folks on here clown niggas for that shit all day.

Its so much more shit that we talk about on here that Cosby addressed in that speech I just don't see the issue. Maybe the issue really ain't with what or where he said it but how he said it.

I can admit sometimes I don't like how I'm told somethings but what I never do is miss the message of what I was told because of how it was said.

Exactly. Cause I heard a lot of "Bill fucked up for putting our(black people) dirty laundry out in the street"

Yes he talked about lack of parenting.

Thing is I think actual parenting has gone down as younger and younger folks started having kids. Basically kids having kids. They don't know shit and wasn't taught shit so how can the properly teach and raise their own kid(s) So IMO I don't those kids know their parents actually failed them. Their lack of having parenting and their parent being their friend and not their parent has become for a lot kids their normal so they wouldn't know the difference.

Shit I find funniest what Cosby was talking about is the same shit that we talk about damn near daily on here.

He spoke about people stop thinking just praying is going to fix shit. That I'm just going to do nothing and leave up to Jesus shit ain't working.

He spoke about black people being a self contained group and becoming self sufficient and owning the stores and things in our neighborhoods.

He spoke about men being men and leading the neighborhoods and house holds.

He spoke about black people needing to respect themselves.

He spoke about how people speak. Niggas on here talk all day everyday about mumble rap and how ignorant and uneducated these dudes sound in interviews. Yet got a problem with what Cosby was saying.

He spoke about women having a bunch of kids by different men. We talk about and clown the shit out women like that on here and real life.

He spoke about niggas thinking its cool and nothing to go to prison. Folks on here clown niggas for that shit all day.

Its so much more shit that we talk about on here that Cosby addressed in that speech I just don't see the issue. Maybe the issue really ain't with what or where he said it but how he said it.

I can admit sometimes I don't like how I'm told somethings but what I never do is miss the message of what I was told because of how it was said.
Did he speak on the system that created this mess?

You condone him outright blaming the poor? I can not and it's because I'm not ignorant about the connection between wealth, class, parenthood, and criminality.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the lower economic and lower middle economic people are [not*] holding their end in this deal."

He's picking on the most oppressed, adversity ridden folks. The people least capable of changing things bare the brunt of his criticism and that's wack
i grew up in the hood a while back.

the people were poor but they still was responsible.

we can not blame being poor on poor decisions. thats like saying being born rich makes you make good decisions.

the hood used to be a place where even tho we was all poor and broke......we still took care of the community,. yea, dudes left the familes...but those dudes was looked at like they aint shit and a nigga couldnt get another chick.

the fact that your are poor should more of a driving factor of you wanting to obtain more by wording harder.

and most of what he was saying revolved around education and schooling we are not taking advantage of because parents are not doing their job.

hence the "$500 sneakers vs $250 hooked on phonics line"

Rich poor or fucking wealthy if what you doing and how you living is wrong that is nobody fault but your own.

Now a system maybe in place to keep you poor but that same system doesn't make you act a fool and keep you ignorant. That shit is a choice.

He ain't picking on nobody.

I’ll keep it a 100 when you keep it a 100. Deal?
what am i not keeping it 100 about?

please tell me.

and the way you are presenting you arguement is counter productive.....ill admit it when you do?

this is why people look at cosby the way they do now....you got skeletons so dont talk about mine.

its always niggas dont want to go down by themselves.
just cant be wrong alone huh?

this is the small shit that not important but plase tell me what im not being 100 about.

Exactly when did Rush give props to Bill Cosby's pound cake speech? Can you give a quote or link?
Rush Limbaugh has leapt to the defense of comedian and actor Bill Cosby, after the recent escalation of rape allegations. Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio host, believes that the media, particularly CNN, has an agenda against Bill Cosby due to comments made last year regarding the role of African-American men and their role in the demise of the African-American communities.

“What did Bill Cosby ever do to tick off some producer at CNN? Or some reporter? Or some assignment? What happened here?” Limbaugh asked.

“And then I had to stop and remember, Bill Cosby has numerous times in the recent past given public lectures in which he has said to one degree or another that black families and communities had better step up and get hold of themselves and not fall prey to the forces of destruction that rip them apart. And basically he started demanding that people start accepting responsibility. And the next thing you know he is the nation’s biggest rapist as far as CNN is concerned.”

https://www.inquisitr.com/1610704/rush-limbaugh-defends-bill-cosby/

I call bullshit. I came up poor as did a lot of people I grew up with. One of my boys in high school lived in what could only be described as a fuckin shack. Dude was absolutely ashamed of where he lived to the point that instead of having us drop him off at the crib, he'd have us drop him off at the corner on 7 mile and he's walk the rest of the way home. My father and stepmother lived in the projects up in Saginaw for years with my younger brothers. Nobody in my family was ever "well off" or even "middle class" for that matter outside of the four years my moms was married in the 80's.

We doin' alright for ourselves these days.

Everyone has the ability to change their situation. It's 100% on you to get up off your ass and make it happen.

Back