Welcome To aBlackWeb

Remaining Friends With Your Ex

I agree with this. that said, people have a right to make choices. someone can want to be friends with their exes and that's all good. so is my not wanting to be in a relationship with them. that's my freedom too.

it isn't control. it's them exercising their own agency to end things before they get serious. that's a valid incompatibility. not everyone is going to have the same comfort levels.

True.

I still smell insecurity and control
:/

a secure person wouldn't even be worried about my exes.

....They too busy worried about keeping me balanced.
too busy fucking me, hanging with me, LOVING me

I dont understand.

I hear u re: control but imo the difference lies in whether it's about staying true to their own personal standards or if it's because they want to dictate what their partner does.
I still smell insecurity and control
:/

a secure person wouldn't even be worried about my exes.

....They too busy worried about keeping me balanced.
too busy fucking me, hanging with me, LOVING me

I dont understand.
I don't understand the people who care about who makes what plate. :shrug3:its hard to understand other people's standards when they conflict with mine.

At the end of the day...we all grown.

What cool for one couple, may not be cool for another.

Honestly it depends on the length of time when parties have been broken up.

Like wit Race and her ex. If it's been that long of a period, and there's no connection whatsoever outside friendship, then I don't see what's the issue.

Nah, she remains cool with the Ex, that means she remains cool with the Ex's ppl. his/her friends, his/her family members , his/her problems.

That means, you're getting the "Hey U" text or "You just cross my mind" phone calls or "Guess who ask me to come to their 2nd cousin/grandma/mama/ bday/graduation cookout" Nah, my nerves to bad for me to be dealing with all that. If you got that much ties with your ex like that, then we can't be together in peace and harmony and be great.

Nah I'd rather you bump into them in the store/restaurant/outing, speak and move around.

I can't do it, cuz I knew how I was with my ex's and It wasn't on some "Let's just be friends" all the time tip.

IMO men and woman shouldnt be "friends". Too many conflict of interest in many cases.

I guess it works for some people tho. But my wife is literally my best friend. It developed over time. And it was mainly because we had so much in common. But why would two people of the opposite sex that like spending time together (friends) not want to be in a relationship other than for selfish reasons?

Men and women shouldn't be friends? Wtf kind of nonsense?

same sex friendships has conflicts of interest too.

Last edited:
IMO men and woman shouldnt be "friends". Too many conflict of interest in many cases.

I guess it works for some people tho. But my wife is literally my best friend. It developed over time. And it was mainly because we had so much in common. But why would two people of the opposite sex that like spending time together (friends) not want to be in a relationship other than for selfish reasons?

I've heard this, you wife should be your best friend.

My exes were my best friends. That's how the relationship formed. Now, they aren't.

not being sexually attracted to them, not being compatible for a relationship, having differing values or beliefs. you could take my closest female friends and put their exact personalities in male bodies, and most would not be relationship material to me. simply being the opposite sex and cool to be friends with doesn't automatically mean that they'd be suitable as a romantic partner. those are 2 different dynamics.

yes, there can be overlap. lovers can also be friends (and they should imo for a healthy one). they definitely aren't mutually excusive, but they are not mutually dependent.

if that were the case, bi women would struggle to have close friends of either gender. fallacious af.

Back