Welcome To aBlackWeb

Remaining Friends With Your Ex

Things change.

We were together.

Now we're not. Move on.

We can be cool and civil. But friends we are not.

GOD FORBID, but if you and LadyDu broke up , you wouldn't even be her friend no more? That's some cold shit b lol But to each his own.

I didn't mind being cool wit one of my ex's, but I guess she still felt some kinda about how things ended. Even though SHE was the one who ended it. So not quite she how she would feel some type of way.

At least I got to smash a couple more times...*shoulder shrug*

I didn't mind being cool wit one of my ex's, but I guess she still felt some kinda about how things ended. Even though SHE was the one who ended it. So not quite she how she would feel some type of way.

At least I got to smash a couple more times...*shoulder shrug*
and this is why some ppl take issue with partners staying chummy with exes.

If mines wss cool wit her ex, no fucc's given.

If it's a legit friendship, then hey. We're all adults. Now I ain't trying to hang out wit the muthafucca or anything. He'll get the head nod, the "sup", and the universal brotha dap...but that's where it stops.

and this is why some ppl take issue with partners staying chummy with exes.
Word!
The couple in the video definitely look like theyre still fuckin

If mines wss cool wit her ex, no fucc's given.

If it's a legit friendship, then hey. We're all adults. Now I ain't trying to hang out wit the muthafucca or anything. He'll get the head nod, the "sup", and the universal brotha dap...but that's where it stops.
Nah that bitch gotta cut all ties
I know how i do roun my exes

Word!
The couple in the video definitely look like theyre still fuckin
they announced that they're back together within days of that vid. a guy that girl (Corie) dated while they were broken up said that she n her ex were talking all the time. the ex released vids saying "that's my best friend, i don't care if she's married she always will be" blah blah blah. now look. there was something underlying the whole time.

GOD FORBID, but if you and LadyDu broke up , you wouldn't even be her friend no more? That's some cold shit b lol But to each his own.
We got kids. So we'd still have to work as a team. But I ain't hanging out with her ass

:tuh:

Unless its about the kids I'm busy

We got kids. So we'd still have to work as a team. But I ain't hanging out with her ass

Nah divorced people be fuckin all the time
Y'all would still be cool

I can be cool with my exes and have no desire to want to fuck. If there was a friendship first, there could be one after. I'm sure they still want to fuck but it ain't happening. Neither of my exes want to be my friend tho, one hates me, the other one has a new gf and doesn't talk to me out of respect of his girlfriend and I get it.

I wouldn't have an issue with my s/o being cool with his ex. They can't be hanging out and shit without me but they can be cool. If my man, wouldn't want me talking to my ex out of respect, I wouldn't. Shit works both ways.

giphy.gif

Im friends with my ex and we were together for 4 years
we talk a lot .... a lot....a lot but the romantic connection is DEAD.

The sexual connection is DEAD.
it truly is a platonic friendship and the friendship is beneficial because he calls me for advice and vice versa

I mean we know each other so well and we can address the things we did wrong while together and make sure not to repeat them with our future partners.

sometimes Ill call him and be like "when I was with you did I do________ and how did that make you feel?" and he will tell me so I know not to do that with the guy Im dealing with now.

These friendships can be healthy and beneficial.

Im friends with my ex and we were together for 4 years
we talk a lot .... a lot....a lot but the romantic connection is DEAD.

The sexual connection is DEAD.
it truly is a platonic friendship and the friendship is beneficial because he calls me for advice and vice versa

I mean we know each other so well and we can address the things we did wrong while together and make sure not to repeat them with our future partners.

sometimes Ill call him and be like "when I was with you did I do________ and how did that make you feel?" and he will tell me so I know not to do that with the guy Im dealing with now.

These friendships can be healthy and beneficial.
that's cool and it sounds nice. I'm sure there are many guys that r comfortable with that n might even wanna break bread with ur ex.

does it matter that some of us don't want to get with people who sustain friendships with their exes?
a lot of people push their partners into the arms of their exes

:mhm:
wrong. u can't be pushed into someone's arms. ppl r responsible for their own actions.

I can be cool with my exes and have no desire to want to fuck. If there was a friendship first, there could be one after. I'm sure they still want to fuck but it ain't happening. Neither of my exes want to be my friend tho, one hates me, the other one has a new gf and doesn't talk to me out of respect of his girlfriend and I get it.

I wouldn't have an issue with my s/o being cool with his ex. They can't be hanging out and shit without me but they can be cool. If my man, wouldn't want me talking to my ex out of respect, I wouldn't. Shit works both ways.
This is a very balanced perspective.

At the end of it all, it's all about what works for you and yours.

I've told my son's dad we could be friends. He said no, he can't do it. That's fine with me.

I hit my other ex up maybe two years ago. We talked, he told me about his gf and a few days later he said his gf didn't want us talking. I said cool and kept it rolling. He ain't have to block a nigga tho but I mean, I get it. She's not comfortable with it. In that short reunion, I had to tell him to stop doing stuff that could hurt his relationship and he gave me advice on stuff.

that's cool and it sounds nice. I'm sure there are many guys that r comfortable with that n might even wanna break bread with ur ex.

does it matter that some of us don't want to get with people who sustain friendships with their exes?

wrong. u can't be pushed into someone's arms. ppl r responsible for their own actions.

your partner is not your prisoner.
your love shouldnt feel like a prison

I wish my man would tell me not to talk to my ex lool

why are you so concerned about a person I haven't been with sexually in 7 years?

I just smell insecurity and control

your partner is not your prisoner.
your love shouldnt feel like a prison
I agree with this. that said, people have a right to make choices. someone can want to be friends with their exes and that's all good. so is my not wanting to be in a relationship with them. that's my freedom too.
I wish my man would tell me not to talk to my ex lool

why are you so concerned about a person I haven't been with sexually in 7 years?

I just smell insecurity and control
it isn't control. it's them exercising their own agency to end things before they get serious. that's a valid incompatibility. not everyone is going to have the same comfort levels.

Reactions: GNS
Back