Welcome To aBlackWeb

Religion = Instant Clean Slate?

“Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are. But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. For God presented Jesus as the sacrifice for sin. People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life, shedding his blood
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-25‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/rom.3.19-25.nlt

I do agree with you that a lot of “pastors” have no business leading. But thier penalty is coming b....you know that.

“Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭3:19-23, 25-26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/rom.3.19-23,25-26.nkjv

Different translation of my previous post

Pretty much the whole reason He came was because man COULDNT fulfill the Law

Even Moses himself

David
Solomon
Samson
Peter
Noah
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob

None if these cats

So we inherit His righteousness...because of our faith in Him

Saved by grace thru faith

But that grace does NOT give a us a free pass to sin.

And anyone who teaches or beleives that we can sin without consequence or says one sin is bigger than the other or any other type of blasphemous teaching dont follow the same Yeshua I do...

Last edited:
“Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus.”

Different translation of whats up there

Here's where I start to take issue: Romans, along with 13 more books of the New Testament were written by Saul of Tarsus, aka Paul the Apostle aka the first corrupter of the Word. Remember what I quoted in Matthew 7? About the warning Jesus gave about instructing men to break the Law? That started with Saul. A man that never knew Jesus in the flesh that has instructed his followers to do the very things Jesus preached against.

Here's where I start to take issue: Romans, along with 13 more books of the New Testament were written by Saul of Tarsus, aka Paul the Apostle aka the first corrupter of the Word. Remember what I quoted in Matthew 7? About the warning Jesus gave about instructing men to break the Law? That started with Saul. A man that never knew Jesus in the flesh that has instructed his followers to do the very things Jesus preached against.

“What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it?”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭6:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/rom.6.1-2.nkjv

That's a cop out, it does nothing but absolve you of any responsibility you have to follow The Word as you're supposed to. Everything you do is meaningless if you can't follow the most basic instructions of your faith in earnest. Claiming everyone is a hypocrite, men aren't perfect, so on and so forth is an excuse to not do better, but to do what you believe is "just enough".

"Just enough" doesn't cut it. God laid it out, it's up to you to follow it. And it's a difficult path to follow, and this is one of the reasons I admire the devoted Muslim and Jew and will never have the same admiration for Christians: The devoted Jew and Muslim try their hardest to follow the God's law as it is written whereas Christians try their hardest to subvert it.
I interpreted his post completely diff than u. No one is absolving responsibility i dont think.

According to the bible even the 'most righteous' on earth are sinners. Those who make it to heaven do so simply by gods mercy/grace. But it doesnt mean live however u want n still expect the 'rewards' of a devout believer.

So bible says = u all are sinners, repent and be forgiven

But sounds like ur saying = "a lot of u all are sinners, this religion is bullshit"

I've always said that some of the cleanest people you know are just the ones that had to scrub harder. But that person shouldn't expect forgiveness, especially if they did something heinous. If their victim(s) decide to give it then it's whatever, but that burden is just a price they have to carry for the rest of their lives. A lifetime is a long time to try and not make mistakes, though. I don't knock some folks that turn over a new leaf, try to give them a chance if they're sincere in starting to do right. Cause some folks never change at all and they don't leave this planet fast enough.

The problem is the complete and total lack of accountability in Christianity. Christians have this childlike and uber simplistic view that you can do all kinds of evil for the entirety of your life and as long as repent and except Jesus three seconds before you die all is forgiven. They see Christianity as the ultimate get out of jail free card that you can cash in just before you die. They dont care about doing better in life because they made the calculation early on that Jesus forgives any and everything under any circumstance therefore there's no need to do better.

That's why so much evil is not only done but is tolerated and excused within Christianity. From the Catholics openly molesting children, to the Baptist openly robbing their parishioners to the obvious racism of the evangelicals Christians are completely and totally comfortable with their moral decay and have absolutely no interest in even attempting to do better. They live their lives like they have a built in hook up at the pearly gates. Christians are basically running a con game and Jesus is the mark. But if they actually read their bible, which is something the average Christian has never done, they would know better.

Galatians 6:7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

There's gonna be a lot of tight faced Christians when they get to the pearly gates and realize that God wasnt playing. They will get a full dose of the accountability that they have spent an entire lifetime trying to avoid.

Different translation of my previous post

Pretty much the whole reason He came was because man COULDNT fulfill the Law

Even Moses himself

David
Solomon
Samson
Peter
Noah
Abraham
Isaac
Jacob

None if these cats

So we inherit His righteousness...because of our faith in Him

Saved by grace thru faith

But that grace does NOT give a us a free pass to sin.

And anyone who teaches or beleives that we can sin without consequence or says one sin is bigger than the other or any other type of blasphemous teaching dont follow the same Yeshua I do...

This is the single most misunderstood part of the Sermon.

Jesus states that he didn't come to get rid of the Mosaic Law, but he came to be an example of what it means to live by that law; in essence, to show man how to carry out the Mosaic Law as required by God, i.e. the OTHER definition for the word "fulfill".

What I find utterly insane is that Jesus goes on in Matthew 5 and explains it, gives examples of how they were living by the law incorrectly and the whole nine, and the Christian STILL chooses to ignore that context that he gives for his statement and closed it out with

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

The problem is the complete and total lack of accountability in Christianity. Christians have this childlike and uber simplistic view that you can do all kinds of evil for the entirety of your life and as long as repent and except Jesus three seconds before you die all is forgiven. They see Christianity as the ultimate get out of jail free card that you can cash in just before you die. They dont care about doing better in life because they made the calculation early on that Jesus forgives any and everything under any circumstance therefore there's no need to do better.

That's why so much evil is not only done but is tolerated and excused within Christianity. From the Catholics openly molesting children, to the Baptist openly robbing their parishioners to the obvious racism of the evangelicals Christians are completely and totally comfortable with their moral decay and have absolutely no interest in even attempting to do better. They live their lives like they have a built in hook up at the pearly gates. Christians are basically running a con game and Jesus is the mark. But if they actually read their bible, which is something the average Christian has never done, they would know better.

7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

There's gonna be a lot of tight faced Christians when they get to the pearly gates and realize that God wasnt playing. They will get a full dose of the accountability that they have spent an entire lifetime trying to avoid.
Catholic are much worse.
they do all this shit and then repent every sunday and start with the fuckery on monday

I've been wondering, in the case of black people, Islam appears to be the most effective at straightening folks out. Especially the NOI. What do the rest of y'all think?

I've been wondering, in the case of black people, Islam appears to be the most effective at straightening folks out. Especially the NOI. What do the rest of y'all think?
are you speaking of turning their life around?

since im from philly....i always saw islam as a way for people to be protected and apart of something bigger than themselves.
Most of the dudes I know in philly who are muslims only became muslim because they went to jail and need/wanted protection.
yet, they come out and still hurt their fellow black man.

are you speaking of turning their life around?

since im from philly....i always saw islam as a way for people to be protected and apart of something bigger than themselves.
Most of the dudes I know in philly who are muslims only became muslim because they went to jail and need/wanted protection.
yet, they come out and still hurt their fellow black man.

Yeah, turning they life around and staying clean. The ones that only do it when locked up ain't worth discussing.

I wouldn't say people turn to religion for a clean slate, but I do think some turn to it because it offers and alternative route, one that they think is better than the one they are on.

A lot of people think religious people are stupid, but think about it, there is something that keeps people connected. Like my brother in law is one of those people who answers every question with something religious. He's also one of those people that was screwing up his life before he really got into religion. He dabbled in it for a while, while still doing stupid shit and wound up going to jail. Then he went full force into and it's basically central to his life. And if you know him you can see why. For example, he made a bad decision with a car. He bought it, knowing the monthly payment was too much and it got repossessed. He admitted that he was stunting a little too much and that was wrong, and he was still thankful to God and contrite about the situation. A couple weeks later, he's helping a lady move some stuff out of her house and she just gives him a car. She didn't know anything about his situation at all. She just had a car that she didn't plan on using anymore and gave it to him. And it wasn't a rinky dink beater or anything like that. It's only 5 years old and doesn't have many miles on it. Shit like that happens to him all the time, so why wouldn't he believe that God is looking out for him?

Think of the size of this known universe. Its 14billion yrs old.

There are more stars than grains of sand on earth. Just about every star has planets revolving around them.

And ppl think some guy from 2000 yrs ago named jesus from the middle east and his invisible daddy are the ones who created shit.

"riight"

How does any of what you said relate to this topic? Christianity aint the only religion.

These generalizations you speak in really hurt your argument.

As far as “get out of jail free” and “waiting on the last minute” before you die....

Again all this come back to the posture of your heart b...

Consider the the thief on the cross....

Who was hrs away from death....a had a genuine conversion....

What did Messiah say to him?

“Then one of the criminals who were hanged blasphemed Him, saying, “If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us.” But the other, answering, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.” And Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.””
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:39-43‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
http://bible.com/114/luk.23.39-43.nkjv

Again...its the posture of your heart....

And you are absolutely correct...He wiil not be mocked...

And those bad seeds people sow to come to harvest...

And those who falsely claim Messiah and his teachings...they will get thier “reward” lol

And to be VERY clear I am in no way excusing or caping for the “christians” you all speak of...the ones who are claiming to follow Him...those that pervert His word and are false teachers...

I hope I am 100% clear on that.

This is the single most misunderstood part of the Sermon.

Jesus states that he didn't come to get rid of the Mosaic Law, but he came to be an example of what it means to live by that law; in essence, to show man how to carry out the Mosaic Law as required by God, i.e. the OTHER definition for the word "fulfill".

What I find utterly insane is that Jesus goes on in Matthew 5 and explains it, gives examples of how they were living by the law incorrectly and the whole nine, and the Christian STILL chooses to ignore that context that he gives for his statement and closed it out with

"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Brother the first part of my statement about man not being capable of fulfilling the law is in the same context...and me stating earlier “letter of the law” was referring to the dietary and ceremonial precepts...

Now...I think I can with confidence say that we are in agreement about following the Mosaic moral commands (10 Commandments)

Where we differ is the application of grace when we fall short.

Seems like you are saying there is none and grace is just a wack excuse for “christians” to sin

I disagree with that. Grace thru faith is the reason we are saved...but it is not an excuse to do whatever the hell we wanna do tho...

I think scripture is quite clear on that

I was watching the Book of Eli and when dude was trying to get the book off Eli and his people couldn’t understand why he wanted that book in particular, “It’s not a book, it’s a weapon”

Said it could be used to control the weak...Is that what it does ?
people need hope.
some used the word to give them that while robbin and raping them.
the evil christians used the word to keep slaves in check and now the powerful black middle class is kinda in check,
while i know their are many good christians...its hard to find a solid group all at once.

but do you really need religion to be a better person?

From the standpoint of humanity in general, I'd say religion was needed, else it wouldn't exist. The problem is the good that religion could do is nothing compared to the bad that people could do using religion.

Back