Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Can you imagine being a celebrity and having niggas who don't know you have the audacity to try and dictate how you carry on with your life?

I don't even like when niggas try to tell me how to feel about shit now. I can't imagine having to live life that way.
That’s what they sign up for though. You know why Denzel don’t get this treatment? Cause he keep his shit private and his wife ain’t selling their personal business for profit.

I don’t like that it’s this way but people have to live in reality and not in theory.

Will is above the black ball or cancel culture he ll be Aite
Only people who will try to cancel him is people like that Kyle cracka and his whataboutism's besides that most people can see Will's side. Other people respect Rock for not reacting. I personally think Rock should turned the whole Oscar's into some nigga shit with butter knife stabbings and chair throwing

There's a collage of reactions going around that are actually from previous years (not surprising they're fake)

This was real because the dress is the one she actually wore last night
-never mind lol

That’s what they sign up for though. You know why Denzel don’t get this treatment? Cause he keep his shit private and his wife ain’t selling their personal business for profit.

I don’t like that it’s this way but people have to live in reality and not in theory.

I don't think anybody signed up to be treated that way. Just because it happens doesn't mean that celebrities should just willingly accept that treatment.

Hell all celebrities don't even get treated the same.

Let's break down this myth of 'Will was laughing also'

You in a room fill of thousand of ppl listening to one of the funniest ppl of your generation that you personally know first hand set up a joke. Folks were already chuckling and laughing from the last bit. But not Will right tho. He the only nigga in the room that gotta let the joke sit in before he can react. Can't be laughing because there's general laughter in the air. Couldn't be. It's gotta be that Will, the same nigga you seen smiling and laughing at EVERYWHERE damn near, thought the joke was hilarious....until Jada mentally told him to go up there and defend his pride. Then he had to 'play a role'

There's a reason Will told Rock to keep Jada name out his fucking mouth. It's up there now because Rock has taken to many liberties at making these kinda jokes. So let's dead the confusion for the next time. Don't mention her in a joke...in a side story....in a anecdote about life.

And he can't spend the rest of his life reacting to Jadas approval. That's....his....wife.....
You don't have to agree....just know the lengths Will willing to go to for her approval. Yes...even smacking someone at a live televised event, overshadowing finally getting dusty an award

lol It's not a myth. Will heard the joke and he clearly laughed at that particular joke. If you want to engage in mental gymnastics to explain it away, go for it. I have no interest in that.

At the end of the day, as I said before, I'm not in his head. I'm only going by my impression of the situation. Our impressions differ. We can agree to disagree.

I’m not over the entanglement? Lol. I ain’t ever give a fuck about the entanglement. I just have opinions on pop culture.

The Hollywood part is about self accountability. Don’t sign up for some shit knowing full well what comes with it then react as if you didn’t put yourself in that situation.

So him knowing what comes with the territory and volunteering to be there, why now you want to run up on a comedian on live tv of all things?

It’s disingenuous and to say otherwise is disingenuous as well. At the end of the day, nobody respects you checking a man about a joke if you can’t seem to check your own wife.
If you drew a line from this incident to Jada fucking AA you ain't over it. Sorry buddy, miss me with you just a guy with an opinion on pop culture.

What the hell Hollywood gonna do to Will Smith? Empty his bank accounts? Drop him from future projects he funding himself? You think he got dressed that morning and ran down the itinerary to see if Rock was gonna be there and if he was gonna poke fun at his wife? The category had jack shit to do with Will, Jada, entanglements, past award shows. Rock saw a chance to poke Jada and thought shit was gonna be sweet. It wasn't

Again...you mention him checking his wife as if you been in that household when you haven't. You don't know what he checked her on. But to me, it's irregardless. If you cool with folks roasting ya wife then cool. Post her pic and sometimes when she was all the way in the wrong iyo and let's really take this thread to the next level.

Rock making jokes about Jada cause Jada keep giving the world materials with her red table talk. Everybody in front of a comedian gonna get roasted. I didn’t think the joke was that bad, like Gi Jane? How many ppl even remember that movie?
Nothing about that joke had anything to do with how Jada moves, foh lol

Nigga talked about her having a scoopball and hey its ok cause she made Will cry at a table talk😕

And once again, YOU don't have to think the joke was bad but you know who did...her husband. And you know what HE did? Something about it

I personally think Will did what he did because he thought Rock was a soft target and would be easy to clown back. Most comedians are easy targets because they come as goofy or non threatening…not saying it’s true, it’s just general perception….now imagine if it was Dwayne Johnson or Denzel who said that joke…

People tend to respond to situations not based on what is right or wrong, but by what they know they may, or may not be able to GET AWAY with..I believe Will knew he could GET AWAY with slapping Chris on TV

Will knew he could’ve just pulled homie to the side, but he didn’t. Chris even made it clear there was no Ill motive behind the joke. If you see the video clip…Will was actually laughing at the joke but because Jada felt some way he decided to go into Tupac Shakur mode and try to prove something on national TV.

In the end, regardless of who was right or wrong Will made himself look like the punk ass nigga that night. He took the opportunity to use a professional comedian who’s JOB is to make fun of people to attempt to embarrass him…and failed. Chris took that slap like a G and immediately said another joke afterwards. He turned the other cheek and looked like the more mature adult. Instead of lashing back he didn’t want to ruin his money and make the situation worse..

Now In regards to his upcoming comedy tour? Chris is going to unleash HELL on Will Smith…way too many jokes he can make out of this

People in general that don't understand why Will did it, aren't married, or haven't been through the ups & down, highs & lows, beauty & ugliness of a long time relationship with someone they love...their flaws in all .
I’m married and I understand why he did it, I just question his true motive. I’ve been in situations where I’ve over reacted because I felt like I didn’t react enough to a certain situation in the past. In hindsight I was right to keep cool in the former and wrong to over react in the latter.

He was wrong. And if he felt some type of way about something Rock said in the past he should have addressed it with him by now.

And if he did tell Rock at some point to never come at him and his again and he still pulled that shit, then I have no problem with Will’s reaction.

Back