Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Man this was a bad look for Will. I hate to see it. He's worked hard for everything.

Will has been getting clowned for years about his marriage to Jada. I've been saying this since the August Alsina incident that Will should divorce her.

He won't do it cuz Will has a fear of failure and he doesn't want to fail at a 2nd marriage.

Despite everything they do love each other. He stated that in his book which is very good btw. Couples that can have love for each other still get divorced.

Will is a broken man. All the money,fame, and success comes at a cost. He's aware of the perception about him online coming from "us". Black people tearing him down about not being hard, Jada, his kids etc.

I think last night just reached a boiling point. The Chris Rock joke wasn't bad. That's what comedians do and they pile on everyone in attendance.

This was his night and it was overshadowed by the slap

It don't really matter if that nigga laughed or not. He found that shit funny. Cool. Guess what? Jada didn't! So based on that, he went and smacked his ass. The fact that he laughed at the shit is irrelevant to me.

If he laughed at the joke.........then he's not any better than Chris for telling it.

I guess dude needs to slap himself too.

Last edited:
Ahhh ok

There's the context

I'm convinced it was real instead of a skit but that's like when Baby pulled up on Charlemagne. Don't get tough with a comedian. Why you ain't get tough with August
In my opinion, this is so not a good comparison...like at all

Chris been talking shit about Jada since 2016...Chris knows Jada has Alopecia

Will has told Chris to stop mentioning Jada...Chris may have divorced his ex wife, but he's married to the double down...and still talking shit...on Oscar night

What was he gonna slap the cow walking shit out of August for? Will isn't married to August...his issue is (was?) with Jada, his wife

I can understand why Will did what he did but, the shit was hella embarrassing for all parties involved. SMH. I’m listening to NBA radio right now and you have folks like Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine talking shit about the incident. I hate when stuff like this happens in public because then you have a lot of folks giving their opinion that aren’t doing so in good faith and don’t understand or care to understand different cultures.

I know a lot of people down voted or disagreed with @Marc123 and Will did smack the shit out of some guy who tried to kiss him but I honestly don’t think Will would’ve smack a white comedian or a person who he didn’t know that well. He did that shit because he knew Chris Rock isn’t gonna sue him or smack him back.

Will has told Chris to stop mentioning Jada...Chris may have divorced his ex wife, but he's married to the double down...and still talking shit...on Oscar night

What was he gonna slap the cow walking shit out of August for? Will isn't married to August...his issue is (was?) with Jada, his wife
After getting a ton of more context regarding this issue, my stance has changed.

what will did was wack asf. hilarious but wack asf. takes a lot of energy to walk on stage and smack someone. A LOT and at the end of day, was it worth it? i mean this aint the block 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 this is not w philly my nigga.

why did you smack that man like that? is alopecia a joke? NO but is walking on stage and smacking chris rock a good look? FUCK NO.

smh then you cried and had denzel and tyler fucking perry consoling you? if you gon smack a nigga aint no crying after that.

once you smack someone you suppose to throw a trash can or punch a wall or something

not cry smh

what a wild ass night

This. Chris Rock is probably my favorite comedian of all time next to Carlin but he's also said alot of wildly offensive shit under the guise of being funny. Just so happens that the target of his jokes tonight reacted and as niggas love to say on here you can't control how somebody reacts to feeling disrespected so...

Question is tho....

Would Jada had done that for Will?
👀

We already know the answer to that. Will has been the butt of jokes for years now, and it's mostly Jada's fault. She has all these platforms she's using to speak out. As far as I know, she's never condemned the treatment will gets or apologized for putting him in that position.

I fux with them sometimes but they went off on a tangent about shit that ain't had fuck all to do with shit. What does will and jada talking about their personal lives had to do with chris getting the sonic rings smacked outta of him for an inappropriate hair joke?
Shit wasn't about alsina

I didn't watch the whole video, but I think that was a response to Will's acceptance speech where he was basically crying about being made fun of and turned into a meme. Their point was that Will and his family don't get to willingly bombard their world with all their weirdness and then turn around and whine about how people react to that information being out there.

Back