Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

Destroying his brand tk build her own.
nah his brand was suffering and the sympathy he garnered led to a resurgence.

Fresh Prince reunion & OG Aunt Viv reconciliation.
Embrace of social media & using it to "deconstruct" the "Will Smith image".
Will Smith - the book
Youtube series to compliment the book
Bel Air TV series
King Richard
All leading to multiple wins this award season capped off by an Oscar win.

Now go look at the series of flops he had BEFORE the entanglement and tell me his brand is suffering.

Scrolled through a few pages of this thread and it seems I'm the only one who thinks this shit was staged. Professional wrestlers would have been proud of this promo. Press release coming by the end of the week.

That wasn't fake.He connected for real.

That shit wasn't justified.

Shit was a hella light joke.

Bitch come in the Oscars looking like Roger from American dad,Alienation,and the singer chick from the 5 th element and I can't crack a joke.

Will was laughing at that shit unless it was delayed or a nervous/ fake laugh.

I guess they're still pissed that Rock joked about Will and Jada that oscarssowhite year .

Shit was weird.

Last edited:
Award shows typically have comedians come up on stage and crack jokes at members of the audience... Even just ordinary actors

Maybe with Will and his missus seating front and center and with his power and influence in Hollywood... He would have issued a statement before the show got underway saying he don't want any jokes his way from any presenter?

Because I'm of the opinion he found the joke funny and then tried to save face when his missus reacted negatively to it ... Making that assault on Rock not genuine

I always go with the initial instinct or reactions in these cases

Man, Will's life has really been flipped, turned upside down the last few years...

On the real though, Chris's chin >>> Amir Khan's...

Also, shoutout Chris for carrying on the show without touching his face too lmao that sh!t is hard, anyone thats taken a ball to the face paying sports knows that stinging feeling is hard not to rub *pause*...

With Will, I get he snapped, it wasnt just about that one joke, hes been a meme for years now, his wife and kids playing him in public and basically being called beta male and a cuck etc by the world for the last few years, it like was the final straw that made him snap, prolly knowing the imagine of him laughing and Jada giving him to the side eye was gonna be another meme...

Personally, I feel like he coulda handled it better, comedians make jokes, just like battle rappers... Will could not had laughed for starters and given Chris the mean mug, then if Chris said something Will could shouted 'I'll see you after' or something... I dunno, you dont see actual tough guys need to bumrush the stage over a joke, I get Will wanted to prove something but he could had seen Chris after and handled business but again, he wanted to make it public to stop other comedians making jokes and try prove something...

Still, both got mad publicity over this...

I havent been closely following Will Smith but to me it seems like he been wildin and on the collapse of breaking down for like 2-3 years now.

Im the only one who get them vibes?

Idk about wildin I just think as others have said he finally showing the world who he really is and not the image of Will Smith we all had. Also after basically spending the last decade plus with people constantly shitting on your family and people asking how come he ain't do nothing he finally did something when somebody made a joke when he was actually there as opposed to behind his back

If I was ok with other niggas piping my wife...I prolly wouldn't have much smoke for a nigga piping my wife. This doesn't seem like that hard of a concept to understand. No bullshit.

Yeah that's why the August comments make no sense. If they were/are open then him being mad at August Alsina is pointless.

What makes this funnier though is Chris Rock has an entire bit about people not knowing how to react to bullies anymore in his last special. All about how sometimes people just need to be punched one good time to show them the world don't owe them shit

Back