Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
here's the thing

for the most part, down here in the dirty, we respect the east coast/up north (even if we don't like it)

cuz at 1 point all the music was comin from up north since that's were the genre originated... respect

but when we decided to make our music w/ our own style, yall act like it's a travesty cuz we ain't rappin how yall think we should

guess what? it's more than 1 way to skin a cat

if you don't like it, jus respect it & keep it pushin

ain't nobody mad if you choose mobb over UGK but, we will not tolerate the disrespect

if nothin else, this thread should show you jus how highly respected UGK is, even if a few poo butt ass mf disagree

The way I saw it was "I heard the music and wasn't feeling it" when talking about mobb which is a vastly different cry than "nobody was fucking with ugk" from the naysayers

Outside of who..dubbz and maybe haf? Who else was saying they never heard a mobb deep song that is pro ugk?
No one said that I said if u gotta compare the two then u gotta go w the Mobb ..,no one said UGK was wack...but the Mobb wins out

Who are these niggas?

I see the intensity being matched from the pro ugk folks in comparison to the anti ugk folks
This my point no one is anti UGK they just ain’t on the Mobb Level and that’s ok cuz imo if we talking duos only OutKast sits on top of the Mobb and guess what ....they from the South so u dummies can kill that niggas hate the south rhetoric

Dawg, He from Chicago
IDC where he is geographically from. His argument is the same jealous, envious, hating ass east coast bullshit that Too $hort was talking about back in the 80s. Nothing new. Geography doesn't make a hater any less of a hater

This my point no one is anti UGK they just ain’t on the Mobb Level and that’s ok cuz imo if we talking duos only OutKast sits on top of the Mobb and guess what ....they from the South so u dummies can kill that niggas hate the south rhetoric
again, read the thread in its entirety

there are definitely some "i didnt listen to it, so they wack/you must be crazy if you think UGK is better than mobb deep" posts

Lol at loving OutKast and hating UGK. You wouldn't have OutKast without having UGK first. Their first album was called SouthernPlayalisticCadilliacMusic. I can't think of a more UGK inspired phrase than that.

Lol at using the Kast to prove you're not a hater. How many haters in the crowd were booing OutKast at the Source awards that night just to turn around and jump on their dick 2 years later. You sound like one of them.

Miss me with that old I can't be racist b/c one of my best friends is black bullshit. Tell that fuck shit to someone who doesn't know any better. Fohwtbs

SMH at ppl from outside the south trying to separate and reclassify southern artist. OutKast is a continuation of UGK just like UGK was a continuation of the Geto Boys. You can't have one without the other.

That's like loving Nas but hating Rakim. If you can't hear the influence of one on the other that shows that you're intentionally not listening and any point you try to make after that is null and void.

I don’t give a shit who inspired whom OutKast made better music, better accomplishments better impact and legacy....to reiterate better music ergo they sit on top it’s that simple ....all that other shit U talking bout don’t concern me fam I wasnt in that crowd

I don’t give a shit who inspired whom OutKast made better music, better accomplishments better impact and legacy....to reiterate better music ergo they sit on top it’s that simple ....all that other shit U talking bout don’t concern me fam I wasnt in that crowd
Exactly. You weren't in that crowd and that's ok. That's the same thing that Stew I mean @ATLien has been saying all this time. You didn't listen to the music b/c you weren't in that crowd. But since you weren't in that crowd and didn't listen to the music you are in no position to have an opinion on the music one way or the other. You're saying ridiculous, illogical and emotional ass things about a subject you know nothing about. Why are you even discussing UGK if you know nothing about their music?

I listened to Mobb Deep. Shit I was just bumping Keep It Thoro the other day. I've listened to them since Shock Ones so based on years of actually listening to the music I can formulate a valid opinion. You can't. Period point blank
/Thread

IMG_20190731_0023168.jpg

This is why I won't vote cause I been listening to both my entire adult life. Both well respected, both got classics, both are super talented and represent our culture gracefully. I can ride to any of this shit at any given time.

Niggas in here crying about southern hate but spewing the same hate against the east.

Nobody below dc listens to east coast music? Word? Lol

Yea y’all not bias at all

Back