Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
Better yet, you think mobb deep would still have the commercial success if they were from the south?

Bun hasn't ever fallen off but P was a much higher level of rapper from 94 or so to 2000.

Havoc a better rapper than Pimp and I prefer his production too so for me Mobb is better and it's not that close

Last edited:
I'm not putting as much emphasis as you do because sales don't tell the entire story

As a collective group, ugk isn't some second or third tier group.

Soulja could be ill af, but if only the niggas in his area heard him, he wouldn't be top tier, idc how good you think his album was. Compared to niggas like kast , wu, UGK is 2nd and 3rd tier.

Better yet, you think mobb deep would still have the commercial success if they were from the south?

I remember Jay Electronica's Exhibit C smashing the radio in the philly area. Outkast & Luda had great commercial success. I feel it's more about the sound, UGK's sound wasn't what we were checking for on the east coast. I don't think that changes if they were an east coast group. It just wasn't the formula.

I remember Jay Electronica's Exhibit C smashing the radio in the philly area. Outkast & Luda had great commercial success. I feel it's more about the sound, UGK's sound wasn't what we were checking for on the east coast. I don't think that changes if they were an east coast group. It just wasn't the formula.

UGK spit Rated R shit.

Back