Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

I'm glad I grew up listening to both southern and east coast music, cuz the east coast and south bias on here be crazy lol

Maryland, DC, VA and NC got off real easy too. The east coast bias was strong but when the south blew up weren’t hating. Idk if southerners and west coast niggas hate east coast rap. But east coast fans especially the older have deep superiority complexes

Just went over to YouTube just to see some things and compare. A lil research

UGK most viewed vid is Intl Players anthem 35M uploaded 9 years ago

Shook Ones 104M views uploaded 5 years ago

2nd most viewed:

Diamonds & Wood 23M uploaded 12 years ago

Survival of the Fittest 25M uploaded 6 years ago

3rd most:

One Day 19M uploaded 12 years ago

Hell on Earth 9.1M uploaded 5 years ago

I only used tracks where it was their songs & not where they were the featured artist. & before niggas cry about “numbers” these are two legendary groups. It’s not new age artist with streaming farms and such. & last I checked YouTube is a worldwide app..

From blowin' Swisher Sweets outta candy drops
Like we underground kings, ridin' dirty
A nigga been focused since I said hi to 30 (what up?)
Young niggas, y'all can't hurt me
Better watch and observe me
And learn how to earn better, I burn cheddar
I set fire to your empire
I blow smoke in your face, burn rubber off of rim tires
Yes I ah, Jay I ah
Double G-A, livewire nigga, holla back!

Jay-Z- All I Need (Blueprint 2001)

UGK FTW

:celebrate:

SMH at anyone seriously trying to compare Pimp C's multi layered, soulful music to that repetitive, non musical boom bap east coast bullshit. If you listen to a UGK instrumental you are listening to the blues. If you take away the rhymes you still have actual soul music. From the arraignments, to the vocals to the instruments Pimp"s production>>>>>. The Riding Dirty outro is one of the best blues songs I've ever heard. And combining a top 10 mc with beautifuly powerful soul music destroys everyone else.

Pimp C could have produced a BB King, Johnny Taylor or Chaka Khan album and it would've been just as dope. Comparing his sound to that run of the mill east coast boom bap shit is beyond disrespectful. This entire thread is borderline blasphemous. UGK>>>>>>>

Who else he produced for? What classics beat he got? And no fucking body listened to their debut album in 1992 foh
Why don't you just admit you don't know his shit? I'm not wasting my time on your ass if you claim you know shit you don't know about lmao what the fuck man. This is some ignorant ass shit

Back