Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll (Rd2) UGK vs Mobb Deep

Better Rap Group?

• Total voters
Everything you so called rappity rap niggas look for, Bun does that.. He's top tier with the multis, etc. If you dont hear it, its cause you not trying to. And subject matter and substance. I been staying from this thread causing it aint no changing opinions on either side.. Its pointless

i fuck with east coast music tho so i cant hear that lol

like i said that other one was it.....

some of that shit is just stiff....lyrics all day but its musically dry and unseasoned

no pepper, no sauce, nathaniel

Yea for me its all in the beats. If I cant fuck w/ the beat then its gone be real hard for me to give it a chance.

I need for both the lyrics & the beat to be on point for it to really grab me

Nobody's gonna change their mind on who they like better, but as far as all the other factors that come into play when comparing alltime artists, Mobb Deep is superior. Certain factors aren't debatable, they're facts. But niggas don't know how to be objective on here.

Nobody's gonna change their mind on who they like better, but as far as all the other factors that come into play when comparing alltime artists, Mobb Deep is superior. Certain factors aren't debatable, they're facts. But niggas don't know how to be objective on here.
Why don't you lay them out and let everybody decide unless these are your facts?

i fuck with east coast music tho so i cant hear that lol

like i said that other one was it.....

some of that shit is just stiff....lyrics all day but its musically dry and unseasoned

no pepper, no sauce, nathaniel

You've admitted many times you didn't listen to east coast shit till recently tho. That's different than growing up listening to all regions. You got old nigga ears now, your ears are already conditioned lol

When i was kid i would blast some 3-6 then throw on Wu. Yall missed out.

Some of my favorite artists haven't had commercial success so what do sales mean in the grand scheme of things?

Some of the artists I like didn't have the benefit of a co-sign or push so their impact wasn't as large as their peers. What does that mean in the grand scheme of things?

You've admitted many times you didn't listen to east coast shit till recently tho. That's different than growing up listening to all regions. You got old nigga ears now, your ears are already conditioned lol

When i was kid i would blast some 3-6 then throw on Wu. Yall missed out.

you right I wasnt buying wu albums lol

i had 36 chambers on cassette but thats it

when I go back i like some of it, some of it I dont....and I wouldnt have back then

if the shit aint go NO groove or emotion or dont make me feel a certain way it never will

trust me there's a ton of country ass underground shit we were on that you havent heard and would probably toss out your window

even if you heard it in middle school

Some of my favorite artists haven't had commercial success so what do sales mean in the grand scheme of things?

Some of the artists I like didn't have the benefit of a co-sign or push so their impact wasn't as large as their peers. What does that mean in the grand scheme of things?

You can't be crowned in a field you've never dominated, period.These niggas was on the same label as Tribe and tribe was selling. Miss me with that bullshit.

These niggas wasn't selling cuz nobody wanted to hear that shit. These niggas had songs with Hov, Kast, every fuckin body and can't sell shit but it's the labels fault?

Dominance = Mobb

Like I said earlier, u can go to any "best hiphop album of alltime" list and The Infamous will be ranked over any UGK album.

U can go to "Best hip hop songs of alltime" and you're gonna see "shook ones" before any UGK song.

The thing about me is that I can listen to everything and enjoy it. Depends on what kinda mood that I'm in. The music set the vibe. I can go from Black Star to Pastor Troy, to Dayton Family, to 40 Water and back over to The Roots within hours apart. I gotta diverse ear for anything but bs. The problem is that bias fans think every rapper suppose to sound like Big L, no matter what region it come from. I'm from the south; the real south. I like my music with soul in it and UGK to me, was the epitome of it. Ridin Dirty was ghetto gospel on tape especially Hi Life.

you right I wasnt buying wu albums lol

i had 36 chambers on cassette but thats it

when I go back i like some of it, some of it I dont....and I wouldnt have back then

if the shit aint go NO groove or emotion or dont make me feel a certain way it never will

trust me there's a ton of country ass underground shit we were on that you havent heard and would probably toss out your window

even if you heard it in middle school

Lol I was listening to everything fam

864A62E8-C28C-4BC1-8705-0D7280F1DBEF.jpeg

• Goat
Reactions: 1/2
There's an easy rebuttal for that AP. Let's see if u can pull it off.
Nah, I'm good

Goldie has had way better defenses than that before so either he drunk, got hacked, or he got hacked while being drunk

You got this one bro

Back