Pusha T - Infrared Vs. Drake - Duppy Freestyle

• Pusha T

Votes: 98 73.7%
  • Drake

Votes: 35 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame fans for the current state of rap.

You niggas is the problem

I blame those under 25. They have no real patience and act very entitled. Social media helped create that psychological mindframe for them. So they'd rather you half step with a Taco Bell Burrito so that you can put out material for them ASAP instead of letting you take your time cooking up something that will truly nourish them.

His talent was dancing not singing. But regardless look at Eazy E then or Ice Cube. If you study the history of music, gospel and soul singers used to get SHIT on for having people write their songs cuz they felt the writer deserved the fame. In the classical era Mozart and Beethoven were hated on for the shit until it became so common people didn't care because classical music became POP.

Pop just means popular music and right now that's rap music and the culture of hip hop. Black culture is popular culture now. There's gonna be a lot more niggas getting caught with ghostwriters.

You cant say his talent wasnt singing tho. Dancing he was also great at which is why he the goat. But singing for anybody doing rnb trumps everything. Look at a Keisha Cole she couldnt really song and where she at.

Also truth be told the way these dudes been forced to turnover projects to stay relevant they may need all the help they can get. I myself have been penning a song now for the last 3 weeks. All I have is the first verse and the hook with a treatment for the first 8 bars of the 2nd verse. After almost a month.

Now I pride myself in having a natural poetic flair which helped me pen lyrics that made all my friends go "that shit is fire!" but it took a hell of a lot of my time to perfect that one verse and hook to my standards. Being that I'm not a music pro and it's just a hobby I have the luxury of taking my time and revising my own work like that with 0 help.

In doing that I also understand why dudes like Common and Nas take their sweet time between projects. You find yourself writing and rewriting just one verse at least 15 times. Now these dudes have been certified for 20 plus years. It won't hurt their legacy at all to take their sweet time writing records. Their audience is loyal and more on the niche side of things. They'll be there for them no matter how long they take.

But if you're Drake or a Kanye West who make that Mickey D's music for the instant gratification generation that luxury walked out the door a long time ago. It really is a case of "what have you done for me lately?" and relevance when it comes to the mainstream side of things. So to supply that kind of demand and not buckle under pressure you can't go it alone.

Word thats why authors can wait 15 years between books if they have too. Dude who wrote Game of Thrones dropped the first book in 1995 and still aint dropped the last 2.

Damn looks like a lot of dudes in the rap fanbase who have been giving Aubrey a pass all this time are also now over him. Doesn't really mean anything though since females will still be all over his new project.

My dude lemme stop you now lolol. I'm not trying to make an argument for Drake being a GOAT all I'm saying is songwriting in rap music is normal and very common. Drake won't be the last nigga caught with a writer. There's a lot of rappers who have one or have used one. It's just not spoken about because of how taboo it is in the culture however it's becoming more mainstream because those same songwriters are becoming smarter about how they do business and want credit for Their writing.

Yeah. Seems like they learned from what happened to dudes like Mad Skillz in the past.

If you would've told me a week ago that by page 150 we would be talking about Micheal Jackson, I wouldve asked you to pass me whatever you were smoking

Who said anything about locking it?

Son... if it's all shiny like that and it's on late night after drinks, you mean to tell me you can debit card yourself, insert chip, and remove clean???

The fuck crossfit gotta do with shit...

All them female crossfitters do is work lower body.

Constantly forcing blood into their legs and ass.

Just take the plunge, I promise you wont regret it, 5 minute walk thru.

A lower body built with squats and lunges >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lower body built from generations of inbreeding and laziness

Trust me... You gon see how round an ass can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back