Welcome To aBlackWeb

Prominent Actor Taraji P. Henson breaks out crying mid interview when discussing her financial situation and pay she receives as an accomplished actor

Rarely outside of pay.

But yes. Her and her team are trash at negotiating. No need to show fake empathy on this driver shit.

Yall need to do better.

One week it’s eat the rich

Next week yall are taken back for her not negotiating getting chauffeured around.
It's relative though which is my point

For me, some form of telework is non negotiable. I am not going back into an office full time

I'm also not taking any probationary appointments either.

Now, is there some middle ground to be had? I would like to think so but I'm not just taking whatever they present without some counter proposal

Another way to look at it in regular job terms, let's say your job requires a training or something for you to take as part of your employment and they pay for this training. You were told that pay for the training but when you interview, they say you have to pay for the training. Wouldn't you feel like that's something you shouldn't have to negotiate as it's pretty standard they pay for the training?

I don’t have empathy for her with this chauffeur fiscal

If y’all feel the need to use that emotion on trivial events like this you need to reevaluate
Fam, a few have said this is an insurance liability issue. I think it's more about that than her being against driving herself to the set

While I can't confirm, I also feel it's not an unreasonable expectation for her to have either

Fam, a few have said this is an insurance liability issue. I think it's more about that than her being against driving herself to the set

While I can't confirm, I also feel it's not an unreasonable expectation for her to have either
NEGOTIATE IT.

She didn’t. Absolutely no reason for y’all to even use the word empathy for some shit like that.

It's relative though which is my point

For me, some form of telework is non negotiable. I am not going back into an office full time

I'm also not taking any probationary appointments either.

Now, is there some middle ground to be had? I would like to think so but I'm not just taking whatever they present without some counter proposal

Another way to look at it in regular job terms, let's say your job requires a training or something for you to take as part of your employment and they pay for this training. You were told that pay for the training but when you interview, they say you have to pay for the training. Wouldn't you feel like that's something you shouldn't have to negotiate as it's pretty standard they pay for the training?
Then you bring it up and if they don't budge you can say no thanks

What movie set contracts you personally been around.

Also. Nobody got a driver. So what’s the problem.

I never said I've personally been around them. I said I've seen them say they didn't have to ask to be driven to and from their set. And you just explained the problem. You just refuse to actually see it as one.

I don’t have empathy for her with this chauffeur fiscal

If y’all feel the need to use that emotion on trivial events like this you need to reevaluate

Maybe you need to reevaluate why you're trying to so hard to fight against the idea that somebody getting less than shouldn't be something they stay quiet about.

NEGOTIATE IT.

She didn’t. Absolutely no reason for y’all to even use the word empathy for some shit like that.
Do you know the definition of the word empathy? It literally means to understand and/or share the feelings of another. It fits. You just don't like it

Maybe you need to reevaluate why you're trying to so hard to fight against the idea that somebody getting less than shouldn't be something they stay quiet about.
Less than what? Her scale is what she can negotiate in that business

Her field is all about negotiations. She’s in a position that 99.9% of the world ain’t in when it comes setting/asking the terms of her services where she can just refuse to accept what they are pitching and walk away and not miss a meal or a bill payment.

She’s the one that don’t understand that her complaints falling on deaf ears

She did that...got what she asked for...and people are saying she's wrong for speaking out about it. But will also criticize her if she accepts less.
Really? Thought she was complaining about how she didn't get enough

If she got what she asked for then what's the point the of the thread?

Really? Thought she was complaining about how she didn't get enough

If she got what she asked for then what's the point the of the thread?
Someone can get what they want and still complain about what it took to get what they wanted

Not sure why this appears to be lost to some

Less than what? Her scale is what she can negotiate in that business

Her field is all about negotiations. She’s in a position that 99.9% of the world ain’t in when it comes setting/asking the terms of her services where she can just refuse to accept what they are pitching and walk away and not miss a meal or a bill payment.

She’s the one that don’t understand that her complaints falling on deaf ears

She did the negotiations. She got more. So that means she did what you're criticizing her for not doing. And you're also continously missing her and other Black actors larger point which is if the well known names have to fight for and negotiate basic industry standard things then how do you think the lesser known and not as financially well off get treated? You think people gonna listen when they speak out vs Taraji Henson?

Yall sit here and complain every day about a lack of morality and Black people not looking out for each other. Then criticize a person who tried to make sure their Black cast mates got the treatment they deserve. That shit is crazy.

At what point is it their fault for agreeing to these contracts if it's less than what they feel they deserve?

At what point are people blatantly ignoring Taraji saying.. hey yeah we mightve gotten trailers like we negotiated.. but had to complain cuz they were infested with fuckin bugs n shit. Or not having food or other standards.

Clearly the production was fuckin up across the board if multiple cast members are speaking out about it

Back