Welcome To aBlackWeb

Prominent Actor Taraji P. Henson breaks out crying mid interview when discussing her financial situation and pay she receives as an accomplished actor

Is Taraji really worth as much as people are saying though. It's not like she's headlining blockbuster movies. I think she's a good actress and been in some good roles, but does anyone really consider her an elite in the industry?
I asked that question and got ignored.

What is it that makes taraji worth more than shes receiving as an actress?

Can you name what it is that the studios are collectively missing in their valuation of her then?

I asked that question and got ignored.

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought she was punching above her weight class. Like I was surprised when Proud Mary came out because didn't think she had the star power to headline a movie. I was happy for her though.

She not asking for $20M a flick, c'mon now

But is it unreasonable to ask for $2M? 1?

I think she needs to try and secure post movie money. Get a lil up front and get a percent on the back end. IDK

Maybe it's just me, but I've always thought she was punching above her weight class. Like I was surprised when Proud Mary came out because didn't think she had the star power to headline a movie. I was happy for her though.

I wouldn't say she was punching above her weight class. She had that energy and took great opportunities with proud Mary and What Men Want respectively it just didn't go well enough in the box office for her to keep the momentum going and propel her to that next level.

That's on us if anything. We have to go out and support when blacks get these leads.

We're pretending that it would have trickled down to the people when it wouldn't have regardless cause these politicians ain't shit. All while overlooking the black lives Tyler perry has been beneficial to.

You don't know what would have happened because it was never given a chance to. Tyler Perry has helped some folks and he also had a reputation for underpayment, going cheap on things, and also was trying to get the strike over by encouraging taking a worse deal than they got. This ain't about a gender war. TP is one of the people who folks like Taraji is fighting against.

We're pretending that it would have trickled down to the people when it wouldn't have regardless cause these politicians ain't shit. All while overlooking the black lives Tyler perry has been beneficial to.
He employed all type of black people from actors to sound folks that gets no shot in Hollywood

I was talking to my wife yesterday. She's a Taraji fan. She was talking about how she was mostly interested in seeing the new Color Purple movie because of Taraji. She said she had mixed feelings about it because Taraji gave an interview and was complaining about how she wasn't being respected as far as pay goes. She pointed out that Fantasia was getting paid more despite not having nearly as much experience in movies.

That's my problem with a lot of people that complain they are not being paid their worth. How are they calculating their worth? Taraji seems to think that because she's been acting a long time she automatically should be paid more. She ignores the fact that this new movie is a musical and that Fantasia has start in the Broadway version of the movie. Her being a more established actress in traditional movies doesn't automatically make her more valuable than person that has less movie experience, but more experience in the area that the people behind the movie care about.

I just had the misfortune of watching like 3 minutes of some shit he makes called "sisters" on bet.

get this nigga Tyler Perry the fuck outa here yo. That shit seemed exactly like all the tubi clips ive seen in passing. Straight trash

lol I saw one clip on Facebook and knew it was bs. I can watch a Kountry Wayne skit for 5 mins but a whole show of Tyler Perry petty shit nah,

In a new NYT interview, Taraji reveals she had to advocate not just for herself, but for her castmates as well ... saying, "They gave us rental cars, and I was like, 'I can’t drive myself to set in Atlanta.' This is insurance liability, it’s dangerous. Now they robbing people. What do I look like, taking myself to work by myself in a rental car?"

TPH adds, "So I was like, 'Can I get a driver or security to take me?' I’m not asking for the moon. They’re like, 'Well, if we do it for you, we got to do it for everybody.' Well, do it for everybody! It’s stuff like that, stuff I shouldn’t have to fight for. I was on the set of "Empire" fighting for trailers that wasn’t infested with bugs."

In a new NYT interview, Taraji reveals she had to advocate not just for herself, but for her castmates as well ... saying, "They gave us rental cars, and I was like, 'I can’t drive myself to set in Atlanta.' This is insurance liability, it’s dangerous. Now they robbing people. What do I look like, taking myself to work by myself in a rental car?"

TPH adds, "So I was like, 'Can I get a driver or security to take me?' I’m not asking for the moon. They’re like, 'Well, if we do it for you, we got to do it for everybody.' Well, do it for everybody! It’s stuff like that, stuff I shouldn’t have to fight for. I was on the set of "Empire" fighting for trailers that wasn’t infested with bugs."
This is funny to me because this ain’t our world but they trying to bring us in that fight lolololol

I wonder how much money this movie has made compared to what she asked for becuase if she aint getting paid shit,,,then her negotiations are trash

Lol bitch don’t wanna drive to work

FOH

Actors are typically driven to set so asking for that for the cast isn't some huge thing. It's what normally happens when a movie is filmed. Who the hell would want a trailer filled with bugs?

People really taking her asking for the shit every other actor gets as being entitled while also saying she should advocate for herself. People are fucking idiots.

Back