Welcome To aBlackWeb

Prominent Actor Taraji P. Henson breaks out crying mid interview when discussing her financial situation and pay she receives as an accomplished actor

Like that lady wasn't asking for us to do anything on her behalf. She had a venerable moment about something a lot people can relate to, and yet she's not allow to get some empathy because of what she makes...

Look, I get what you're saying, but when her vulnerable moment is basically "I work so hard and don't get anywhere. Y'all hear I make 20 mil but after taxes and my team, I really only get about 2.5 mil. This business is so horrible." It's going to be hard to get empathy from a bunch of people who are working just hard to take home 40k.

I'm not saying rich people don't deserve empathy, but a lot of the shit they cry about isn't relatable to the average person. The majority of the people in this country would love to crash into a glass ceiling that made them a millionaire and people are not going to give a fuck about you feeling like you're not getting the respect you deserve when they are having trouble feeding their kids on a daily basis.

Lol, well I am here to say it.

Rich people don't deserve empathy or compassion.

Nobody deserves it really.

But the last thing I'ma do it is cry over the rich lol.

The rich and famous just are more visible.

The biggest form of theft in the USA is wage theft and nobody gives a fuck.

But let an athlete or entertainer talk about how much they are owed due to their labor and it's a dialogue.

But then again, America is the only first world control where extreme income inequality isn't distressing.

Question:

I'm quick to assign a famous person "rich people problems" but is there ever an opportunity to have empathy?

Is this just for finances? Does it extend to death in their family?

I keep telling niggas bout 50.

Niggas rather focus on rawse
Only niggas from south or fans of niggas 50 killed claim ross like that.

The rest of us were there lol. We saw what happened and are seeing what's happening.

Tyler Perry probably pays low because he stretches too thin and can’t afford to pay everybody decent wages

Plus I mean everything comes out of his pocket so he probably does what he can afford

He probably just needs to consolidate a bit

Instead of 12 shows, maybe trim it to 4

But then I guess you have a studio to maintain and need to do it like that

Who knows

Lol. Before we say that about any of these other studios its "stop supporting" TP, you really typed that.

And that's why things won't change. We can't focus for shit. 🤦🏿
We should support each other first. I didn’t mention those other studios because they are doing for their own like we should.

You see how fast 50 jumped out there? TO should do they same.

I remember when the boyega dude said he might be out of work because of something he said, the director of “Get Out” jumped right in and told him don’t worry.

So I am focused. But we should stop expecting them to do right by us when they the reason for most of our woes.

Tyler Perry probably pays low because he stretches too thin and can’t afford to pay everybody decent wages

Plus I mean everything comes out of his pocket so he probably does what he can afford

He probably just needs to consolidate a bit

Instead of 12 shows, maybe trim it to 4

But then I guess you have a studio to maintain and need to do it like that

Who knows
I don't think he's moving maliciously.

We should support each other first. I didn’t mention those other studios because they are doing for their own like we should.

You see how fast 50 jumped out there? TO should do they same.

I remember when the boyega dude said he might be out of work because of something he said, the director of “Get Out” jumped right in and told him don’t worry.

So I am focused. But we should stop expecting them to do right by us when they the reason for most of our woes.
I just think it's wack to say stop supporting Tyler perry before naming any of these other studios that have been actively fucking us over and we know it for fact.

Tyler perry isn't where the fight is.

I just think it's wack to say stop supporting Tyler perry before naming any of these other studios that have been actively fucking us over and we know it for fact.

Tyler perry isn't where the fight is.
how much longer are we gonna beg them for fairness when our own should and could do that?

We can’t see them as the go to place to be. We have our own.

It’s been how many decades? When is enough enough?

The focus should be more about being less dependent and independent.

Back