• Pro Life

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Pro Choice

Votes: 12 80.0%

• Total voters

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
The age old debate, pro choice or pro life?

In regards to pro choice some might say, a fetus is part of the women's body. We all should believe in the right to bodily autonomy. I'm not going to subject a woman to the biological torture that is pregnancy if she doesn't want it, women aren't incubators set here solely for the propagation of the human species. People go on about the rights of the fetus, but are pretty silent on the mother's rights.

But others who support pro life may say, an unborn child only has one shot to live and of all people it's their mothers who deprive them of it. "The right to do whatever you want with your body" argument is absurd because the baby's body isn't yours anymore to decide to end its life. Unborn humans deserve human rights too.

What's your thoughts?

pro choice

i dont support habitual aborters tho. I can get if you have a transgressional act and even though you know you went in raw knowing the consequences, im sure you still didnt want a baby. Be that as it may, if its a situation that ultimately wont benefit either one of you, then im pro choice

im not being insensitive to the things that women have to go through as i appreciate that it can have a psychological effect, however, the techniques and medicine have tremendously improved since the old days of just sucking it out as the only option

i blame both parties equally, however, i think if a dude is telling you that he is not going to be a part of the child's life, i dont think thats a moment for the female to get on her high horse and talk about she dont believe in terminating a pregnancy especially so early in the term. Im talking like a couple of weeks. Raising children is no joke, and if you dont have a good support system, then you are only compounding the issue by trying to be i-n-d-e-p-e-n-d-e-n-t d0 you know what that mean mayne?

I don't feel there is a right choice, what the person does is the right decision for them. I do feel that a man should have a choice in the decision too since it affects him as well

That's its own thread, I might have to make that after this one slows down. @bolded

@unbolded. If u feel "what the person does" is the right decision, then you're pro choice.

chi also touched on something i was thinking...but the reason the female doesnt want to give the male a choice is b/c in all likelihood, he dont want the child.

Pro-choice, although I think the cutoff should be 10 weeks. It would need to be accessible and affordable everywhere for women to get there that early tho.

When abortion isn't legal, you get problems like Drs refusing to do lifesaving surgeries on women because it might harm a fetus who has a low chance of surviving anyway.

chi also touched on something i was thinking...but the reason the female doesnt want to give the male a choice is b/c in all likelihood, he dont want the child.
Met a guy who believed men should be given some grief compensation, child support equivalent if their wives abort babies they would've happily raised.

Nah there's definitely times when he wants it and she doesn't, but he has no say. But again, let's save that for a different thread.

Saw a thread by a woman with terminal cancer on Reddit. She wants to give birth before she dies, the husband (who'd then be raising 2 kids on his own) does not and wants her to have an abortion for the sake of him and the existing child.

"Yesterday at 15 weeks pregnant I sat in my doctors office with my partner and father of my toddler (age2). For two years I have been complaining of horrible pain inside my bones, only to have doctors tell me it was mental. Well, turns out at 24 I have stage three bone cancer, the doctor told me to terminate my pregnancy so they can give me chemo so I have maybe two extra years tops....I said no. When we got in the car my partner wouldn't look at me, then when we got home he blew up and started screaming about how selfish I am. I feel horrible, I regret it. But I hit him, I've never physically hurt someone my entire life but I just snapped, I started screaming at him too. He looked so shocked and hurt and I feel horrible. He packed his bag and went to a friend, I don't want to kill my baby, and I don't want to die. But I will not let my children remember me as some sickly woman who wasted away. I'm scared, I'm angry, and I am going to miss so much I've been up since yesterday..I haven't told my mother..he won't answer my phone calls..I feel so alone. I just want to bring this baby into the world, even if it's thel last thing I do. Is it wrong?"

What are your thoughts on that scenario, those who think men should have a say?

I'm on the fence about it.

I'm against habitual aborters. There is no need for all of that. However, there are legit reasons why people get abortions outside of "I don't want it, I can't afford it, etc"

A baby is its own person, so robbing a baby a chance at life is cruel to me. I feel once you're pregnant, it's not all about you anymore.

I'm on the fence about it.

I'm against habitual aborters. There is no need for all of that. However, there are legit reasons why people get abortions outside of "I don't want it, I can't afford it, etc"

A baby is its own person, so robbing a baby a chance at life is cruel to me. I feel once you're pregnant, it's not all about you anymore.
What about women who would make terrible mothers and live in places where the adoption system is terrible/rife with abuse? Is that in the prospective child's interest?

On the bolded, do u not see being unable to afford to raise a child as a legit reason? If so, what is a legit reason?

Personally pro-life. If i get a woman pregnant than it's my responsibility to take care of my child. I would never even think about talking her into getting an abortion.

Politically pro-choice. What y'all negros do wit y'all lives is your business.

Personally pro-life. If i get a woman pregnant than it's my responsibility to take care of my child. I would never even think about talking her into getting an abortion.

Politically pro-choice. What y'all negros do wit y'all lives is your business.
Word. Personally pro-life but I consider that an extension of being pro-choice. Life just happens to be the choice that I would make. Pro-choice isn't pro-abortion, particularly as a birth control method. It's giving people accessible options so worse situations aren't created.

Interestingly, there are pro-abortion people out there. They're a different beast.

What about women who would make terrible mothers and live in places where the adoption system is terrible/rife with abuse? Is that in the prospective child's interest?

On the bolded, do u not see being unable to afford to raise a child as a legit reason? If so, what is a legit reason?

All that would have to be seriously considered I can't kill a baby based on what I think my future is going to be.

But even still is that a reason to kill a child?

Pro choice with no stipulations. It's that person's choice. No need to make this complicated.

If we're going to be pro-life then might as well make it illegal to pull out:really2:

Back