Welcome To aBlackWeb

Post Your Music Collection

Just finished rearranging my collection, putting them all in alphabetical and genre order...

The long gap is where the hip hop ends and the other genre's start... Then the last line I took out half the CD dividers so I could fit in the double and odd sized CDs that didnt fit...

I left about 7 or 8 spaces between each genre and put a bright orange CD with the name of the genre on spine, which took me ages (OCD)...

As usual I cant take pictures for schitt haha

ijwgfQ.jpg

F9uRfU.jpg

w1b2Gg.jpg

Its dope to see people still collecting music... Im gonna sort my vinyl out next, just I need to figure how to upload them onto a hard drive though...

Just finished rearranging my collection, putting them all in alphabetical and genre order...

The long gap is where the hip hop ends and the other genre's start... Then the last line I took out half the CD dividers so I could fit in the double and odd sized CDs that didnt fit...

I left about 7 or 8 spaces between each genre and put a bright orange CD with the name of the genre on spine, which took me ages (OCD)...

ijwgfQ.jpg

F9uRfU.jpg

w1b2Gg.jpg
Have mercy!! This shit look like a wall at tower records

ijwgfQ.jpg

F9uRfU.jpg

w1b2Gg.jpg

This the type of collection I'm working on with vinyls. Goat shit.

ijwgfQ.jpg

F9uRfU.jpg

w1b2Gg.jpg

Prolly tha most ridiculously impressive collection of CD’s I’ve seen...GOAT shit fam

This the type of collection I'm working on with vinyls. Goat shit.

Go for it man, nothing better than having physical copies of your music... Vinyl takes up alot of room though but the artwork it brilliant...

Prolly tha most ridiculously impressive collection of CD’s I’ve seen...GOAT shit fam

Appreciate it brother its been alot of years collecting... I got a few hip hop CDs in there from when I was a kid, like the 'Gangsta's Paradise' single which is my first ever hip hop CD I bought with my pocket money when I was 9!!! haha

Go for it man, nothing better than having physical copies of your music... Vinyl takes up alot of room though but the artwork it brilliant...

Appreciate it brother its been alot of years collecting... I got a few hip hop CDs in there from when I was a kid, like the 'Gangsta's Paradise' single which is my first ever hip hop CD I bought with my pocket money when I was 9!!! haha

I was working on a collection like this when I started collecting CDs in ‘93...between that Music club 10 for $1 shit from back in tha day and me going to tha music store, Sounds Familiar, every Tuesday when new music USED to drop I had a few hundred CDs by tha late 90’s...I ended up losing a big ass box of’em during a move in tha early 2000’s and that was pretty much around tha time “ringtone rap” started and I went a few years of only listening to 90’s music...by tha time I started back checking for “new music” and “new artists” a good amount of years had passed and I was getting music online...

Seeing your collection instantly made me regret stopping work on MY collection smh lol

I was working on a collection like this when I started collecting CDs in ‘93...between that Music club 10 for $1 shit from back in tha day and me going to tha music store, Sounds Familiar, every Tuesday when new music USED to drop I had a few hundred CDs by tha late 90’s...I ended up losing a big ass box of’em during a move in tha early 2000’s and that was pretty much around tha time “ringtone rap” started and I went a few years of only listening to 90’s music...by tha time I started back checking for “new music” and “new artists” a good amount of years had passed and I was getting music online...

Seeing your collection instantly made me regret stopping work on MY collection smh lol

Ahh man losing that many CDs musta hurt... I kept on buying CDs in the download era to support the artists I like, but now they all make money from streaming anyways, and sometimes artists dont even drop an album on CD!!! But I still love checking artwork and album credits etc but the quality in alot of CDs has dropped off, like alot of them seem to be them cardboard digipack joints, whereas back in day you got a nice big jewel case with a big booklet to flick through...

Like you, I used to love going to the record store and flicking through albums and new releases... Even picking a CD and asking to listen to it at the counter before buying haha

Honestly, when its all said and done, mp3s are more practical than CDs or Vinyl.

Because the sound quality of a mp3 never deteriorates, or gets scratched. The jewels case never gets broken.

And you can make your own CD-Rs from mp3s, and every household has a DVD/CD player in the living room by the TV set.

I put so much time and energy into collecting vinyl when I was younger but when it's all said and done, mp3s make more sense imo.

Honestly, when its all said and done, mp3s are more practical than CDs or Vinyl.

Because the sound quality of a mp3 never deteriorates, or gets scratched. The jewels case never gets broken.

And you can make your own CD-Rs from mp3s, and every household has a DVD/CD player in the living room by the TV set.

I put so much time and energy into collecting vinyl when I was younger but when it's all said and done, mp3s make more sense imo.

MP3s defo more practical in terms of space etc but you cant beat a physical CD or record imo like its been discussed before on here, kicking back and flipping through a booklet is like an experience... For me in this throw away culture it gives you more of an appreciation and connection to the music...

MP3s defo more practical in terms of space etc but you cant beat a physical CD or record imo like its been discussed before on here, kicking back and flipping through a booklet is like an experience... For me in this throw away culture it gives you more of an appreciation and connection to the music...

True, but unless you are wealthy and have some money put away for your retirement, you'd be better off investing in stocks & bonds rather than spending hundreds of dollars per month on CDs and records.

When I was younger I'd get my paycheck and go record shopping. Then it got to a point where I had thousands of records, but I was unemployed and needed money. So I sold my records for pennies on the dollar. Unless you have a brick & mortar retail store it's difficult to sell records for what their worth. And they're not worth much these days. It's a buyer's market. Everybody is selling their records and CDs because they're impractical. DJs don't even use records anymore.

At the end of the day, CDs have the superior sound quality, but they can be expensive ($15) vs streaming from a website that charges $10 per month.... or file sharing for free.

Back