Welcome To aBlackWeb

Popular social media chef gets cancelled over old tweets

So it's okay to compare a woman you don't know to garbage because she happens to not be your personal size preference??

And people lose they jobs over the despicable shit they say on the internet all the time.
Have you never compared something and used an over exaggeration as the comparison? Never had a bad relationship and said that man is trash?

Yes but the term canceling was used as a celebrity. Did you know about him before this thread?

I'm not defending his tweets. I was just saying the first tweets had no context and comparing a women to trash could have just been some over exaggeration that people do all the time. Wasn't until the other post with the tweets that it's like oh so this is how he feels

Unless the person has gone to prison, most people that folks have "cancelled" are doing just fine. It's actually something some folks are actively seeking out

Losing a job or a spot of prominence isn't insignificant. Maybe those people are doing just fine, that doesn't mean they didn't face hardship (sometimes deserved, sometimes not). And again, the fact that people aren't completely destroyed didn't mean that there is no such thing as cancel culture. It just means that not enough people buy into cancel culture for it to be as oppressive as some would like.

I think a lot of people need to be called out for shit anyway. Yes anybody can be caught up but most times folks defend shit that is frowned upon and ignorant.

Have you never compared something and used an over exaggeration as the comparison? Never had a bad relationship and said that man is trash?

Yes but the term canceling was used as a celebrity. Did you know about him before this thread?

I'm not defending his tweets. I was just saying the first tweets had no context and comparing a women to trash could have just been some over exaggeration that people do all the time. Wasn't until the other post with the tweets that it's like oh so this is how he feels

There's a difference between a person having a bad relationship with another and saying that person is trash because of their behavior versus picking a random picture of a person on the internet and putting it next to a picture of a dump truck at a landfill simply because you don't like how that person looks.

Losing a job or a spot of prominence isn't insignificant. Maybe those people are doing just fine, that doesn't mean they didn't face hardship (sometimes deserved, sometimes not). And again, the fact that people aren't completely destroyed didn't mean that there is no such thing as cancel culture. It just means that not enough people buy into cancel culture for it to be as oppressive as some would like.

Cancelled means being done away with and never coming back. Cancelled means to be over. The fact that the vast majority of folks who've been "cancelled" are still operating just fine, most still in the same field, shows that it's bullshit.

There's a difference between a person having a bad relationship with another and saying that person is trash because of their behavior versus picking a random picture of a person on the internet and putting it next to a picture of a dump truck at a landfill simply because you don't like how that person looks.
Unlike @Sony Montana I'm not dying on this hill. I don't think posting a picture of trash along some women is a literal comparison but that guy clearly has mental issues after seeing the later tweets so maybe he does feel that way. Have a great day

Back