Welcome To aBlackWeb

Phone Thread

I just thought about something, I need the jack so I can put my aux cord in it to play backing tracks through my practice amp. Looks like the pixel is a no go for me.

Last edited:
Is that supposed to be better than galaxy and iphone? If so, any proof?
this particular phone is going on 4 years old, so if comparing it to the modern phones, it still holds up, but obviously, it might not have as many bells and whistles, but the battery is phenomenal and can go from 0 -100% in 45 min or less due to fast charging capbilities.

but its a google phone with a pure google experience so that for me trumps anything a carrier device can offer.

I also like the ability to install custom roms. That's only a small percent of mobile phone users, but thats a dealbreaker for me and last i checked, samsung, LG, and a few others ones stopped allowing the booladers to be unlocked.

My last samsung (galaxy s2 active iirc) started giving me shit right at the 18month mark. It became frustratingly slow and laggy af. I couldnt install a rom to fix, so i got the LG G4 when it came out. LG was saying for months they would allow the unlocking of the bootloader which got me interested, but when the phone released, they went back on it and lost me as a customer.

Idk, I've never had any issues with galaxy and I've been using em for the past 5+ years.

idk man, as my phone became more full with apps and stuff, the slower it started running. I will only speak for the S2 as i dont think it was properly optimized to handle multiple tasks at once.

Samsung gained me as a customer when they actually started trying to beat Apple, but then, they just started doing the same thing they tried to clown Apple for by just making marginal updates to the next model phone and releasing them only months after the previous one.

My favorite phone was my HTC Tilt and Tilt 2. While i could put custom roms on it, the specs just couldnt keep up with all the other phones that were coming out right after it was released. Eventually, the keyboard starting messing up too b/c i was texting like crazy lol

Ima look for some new comparison videos between the galaxy,iphone and the nexus.

Ima look for some new comparison videos between the galaxy,iphone and the nexus.

nah...compare the pixel to those phones

Google had the nexus 6, nexus 6p & nexus 5x, pixel, and now the pixel 2 (i think thats the official name)

why can't i just compare the latest model of each? lol
b/c its not called the nexus anymore lol

they discontinued the nexus. In other words, maybe we were saying the same thing, but the nexus has been re-branded as the pixel

Ahh I see. Let me check around, I'm sure there's a few comparison vids out there

whats a phone with decent battery life, memory and a camera?

no diss, but if you want to take nice pics, invest in an actual camera. A good camera on a phone shouldnt be a priority imo. It does the job for quick pics and selfies. If you wanna capture some real nice high quality pics of your vacay, kids, etc....just invest in a camera

people have to stop expecting so much from a cell phone camera. They are super small so there are going to be some compromises that have to be made in order to keep it that size.

Not picking on you Trini tho

no diss, but if you want to take nice pics, invest in an actual camera. A good camera on a phone shouldnt be a priority imo. It does the job for quick pics and selfies. If you wanna capture some real nice high quality pics of your vacay, kids, etc....just invest in a camera

people have to stop expecting so much from a cell phone camera. They are super small so there are going to be some compromises that have to be made in order to keep it that size.

Not picking on you Trini tho
I have a pro cam but I don't want to take it everywhere, and pic worthy moments can happen anywhere

I'm not expecting SLR quality, just clear will do lol

iPhone cameras take great pics. I’m a photographer. Well used to be. I’ve taken pics with an iPhone and people couldn’t tell the difference.

I think that is an area where Apple really does very well

Back