Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Philly Plans To Ban Ski Masks

test
Not everyone who is stopped for wearing a ski mask will be given a citation, Healy says, but the ban will give officers the power to intervene when they see someone wearing one “before something bad happens.” “When we stop them, we have to have reasonable suspicion of criminal activity or violation,” he added. “This gives us the authority to do a little more.”

-Philadelphia Police Department Deputy Commissioner Francis Healy

The fucking city ordinance explicitly says:

(6) Any person who wears a ski mask or balaclava in violation of Paragraph (4) of this Section, where such violation is not otherwise covered by Paragraph (1) of this Section, shall be fined two hundred fifty dollars ($250).

Yet, here the fucking Police are telling you how they already intend to abuse it

Shit is literally part of the criminal dress code today more than ever. All the very recent videos out here of niggas gettin' robbed at gunpoint, car jacked, murked in broad daylight, etc by niggas wearing these balaclavas/ski masks and some of y'all really think this was a bad call???

FOH.

Any time a young cat is in my vicinity with one of them on and I'm on high alert.

Ok so ban the ski mask...you really think that's stopping crime? All this did was give police a legal reason to harass a city full of young Black men and the city to make money off them. And especially in a city like Philly with a high Muslim population you think they won't get caught in this too with random stops because it "looks like a ski mask"?

Not everyone who is stopped for wearing a ski mask will be given a citation, Healy says, but the ban will give officers the power to intervene when they see someone wearing one “before something bad happens.” “When we stop them, we have to have reasonable suspicion of criminal activity or violation,” he added. “This gives us the authority to do a little more.”

-Philadelphia Police Department Deputy Commissioner Francis Healy

The fucking city ordinance explicitly says:

(6) Any person who wears a ski mask or balaclava in violation of Paragraph (4) of this Section, where such violation is not otherwise covered by Paragraph (1) of this Section, shall be fined two hundred fifty dollars ($250).

Yet, here the fucking Police are telling you how they already intend to abuse it

I think the mayor and city council is grabbing at anything they can at this point.

Y'all are fucking stupid.

They will fine people by stopping them. Essentially an unauthorized, unconstitutional stop because of clothing.

I've watched you stupid fucks, in here arguing about how somehow athletic leisure wear is synonymous with black people. And cry, whine, bitch, and moan about restaurants not accepting customers in that apparel.

But now you don't see a problem with police having permission to stop and harass anything they deem to be problematic face covering. They aren't stopping at ski masks, this means balaclava as well. Notice it doesn't include gaiters, which with the addition of certain styles of hats provides for the exact same level of concealment.

They won't stop everyone, it won't be applied uniformly. This means....They're going to profile motherfuckers. Got a knitted beanie? Might be a ski mask.
Got a Durag or wave cap, might be a ski mask.
Hoodie and neck gaiter. No problem. FOH

A fine for wearing a fucking ski mask will not stop a criminal from putting one on to commit a crime.

Or... or... you could just not wear it.

Something that's supposed to keep your head warm in extreme cold has now become synonymous with nefarious shit.

Stop giving mfs a easy out in targeting us.

I'm not about to lose sleep over mfs wanting to look suspicious. Tf.

Mfs wanna be clones tho.

Ok so ban the ski mask...you really think that's stopping crime? All this did was give police a legal reason to harass a city full of young Black men and the city to make money off them. And especially in a city like Philly with a high Muslim population you think they won't get caught in this too with random stops because it "looks like a ski mask"?

You got any better ideas??? Realistic ideas to curb the violent crime in that city. I mean, it'll prolly get repealed after they stop a few rich, connected white folks.

I still stand by what I said, when I see young niggas with them balaclavas on, I prepare for some bullshit. Looking for exit paths, unlocking my knife, and I make my way out of them areas. Been like that for a minute too.

Something that's supposed to keep your head warm in extreme cold has now become synonymous with nefarious shit.

Mfs wanna be clones tho.

This is the part you really can't get away from. Niggas ruined the shit for the winter months 'cause they wanna be a rapper and commit crimes like the nigga said in his lyrics/

Mfs wanna be clones tho.

niggas use gloves to commit crimes too. Now everybody gotta suffer in the winter time and not wear gloves when these fuckin doofs wanna criminalize that shit as well?

This is the part you really can't get away from. Niggas ruined the shit for the winter months 'cause they wanna be a rapper and commit crimes like the nigga said in his lyrics/
But let niggas tell it "tHe CuLtUrE" has no tangible impact or influence on our youth.

You got any better ideas??? Realistic ideas to curb the violent crime in that city. I mean, it'll prolly get repealed after they stop a few rich, connected white folks.

I still stand by what I said, when I see young niggas with them balaclavas on, I prepare for some bullshit. Looking for exit paths, unlocking my knife, and I make my way out of them areas. Been like that for a minute too.

Yeah one would be instead of putting more money into stupid shit like ski mask bans how about putting it into after school programs that have been taken away that have been shown to have a direct impact on youth crime.

People been using ski masks to commit crimes for forever. Banning them won't do shit but cause young Black folks to get harassed by police more under the guise of the law.

niggas use gloves to commit crimes too. Now everybody gotta suffer in the winter time and not wear gloves when these fuckin doofs wanna criminalize that shit as well?

I mean... Was there good reason to be wearing them shits every other season that ain't winter?

Are you really gonna ignore the main reason why these muhfuckas wear them shits on 95 degree days???

Mfs wanna be clones tho.

Ski masks have been associated with crimes before rappers talked about it. It ain't just a "now" thing. You can go back decades and see stores with signs saying for people to remove any face covering. It ain't got shit to do with rap lyrics. It's poverty.

Yeah one would be instead of putting more money into stupid shit like ski mask bans how about putting it into after school programs that have been taken away that have been shown to have a direct impact on youth crime.

People been using ski masks to commit crimes for forever. Banning them won't do shit but cause young Black folks to get harassed by police more under the guise of the law.

Are you willfully ignoring how pervasive they've become in the last few years? It was more understandable in the early days of covid even though they really didn't work well to stop transmissions, but in 2023???

Are we also gonna ignore how much they've been used in recent years specifically to commit acts of murder, carjacking, and other violent crimes???

Ski masks have been associated with crimes before rappers talked about it. It ain't just a "now" thing. You can go back decades and see stores with signs saying for people to remove any face covering. It ain't got shit to do with rap lyrics. It's poverty.
They literally call it a pooh shiesty. He reinvigorated the energy behind that specific type of ski mask and look.

Let me be clear I think this is just another way to profile young black men in an urban city disproportionately.

But I'm not gonna rally for these niggas to keep cosplaying as criminals either. I'm not.

I mean... Was there good reason to be wearing them shits every other season that ain't winter?

Are you really gonna ignore the main reason why these muhfuckas wear them shits on 95 degree days???

maybe you missed my previous post
I could see if someone was rockin that shit in the summer time or something but in the winter? FOH trying to enforce that bullshit

No one has made this extreme but you.

Fact of the matter is the popularity of a product boomed for all the wrong reasons. If its not for work or extreme weather purposes take the shit off.

I agree that if its not for work or combating cold weather aint no need for it. This shit is still stupid to ban it across the board tho.

Cuz if we going with the premise of banning some shit for EVERYBODY cuz crazy people choose to do crazy shit with it..

try saying that same shit to the gun nuts

oh-that-was-different-injured.gif

I agree that if its not for work or combating cold weather aint no need for it. This shit is still stupid to ban it across the board tho.

Cuz if we going with the premise of banning some shit for EVERYBODY cuz crazy people choose to do crazy shit with it..

try saying that same shit to the gun nuts

View attachment 1225728

The ban is as stupid as the reason mfs are wearing it so I'm not gonna lose sleep.

And I want guns gone too so...

Are you willfully ignoring how pervasive they've become in the last few years? It was more understandable in the early days of covid even though they really didn't work well to stop transmissions, but in 2023???

Are we also gonna ignore how much they've been used in recent years specifically to commit acts of murder, carjacking, and other violent crimes???

I'm doing the exact opposite of ignoring. I'm explicitly pointing out how they've always been associated with crime and its not a new thing. So to try and make it a new thing and then create a law and punishment that we all know will target and affect young Black men the most based on some shit that's always been around isn't an idea I'm gonna praise as some solution to crime.

Back