Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Philly Plans To Ban Ski Masks

test
They literally call it a pooh shiesty. He reinvigorated the energy behind that specific type of ski mask and look.

Let me be clear I think this is just another way to profile young black men in an urban city disproportionately.

But I'm not gonna rally for these niggas to keep cosplaying as criminals either. I'm not.

This is why I can't in good conscience give this props like it's some great idea or crime deterrent. It's not at all.

This is why I can't in good conscience give this props like it's some great idea or crime deterrent. It's not at all.
I don't think it will be some kind of crime deterrent but I just don't see the worth of a fight behind it. This isn't the one.

And please believe they will come up with something else they can use to drain the pockets of young black men then turn around on them as a negative if we don't do it ourselves before they do.

These little trinkets we hold onto like they're sacred is nuts. Just because some rapper cosigns it smmfh.

Idgaf about these masks or the niggas that wanna wear them on some doofy shit making the rest of us that wear them cause its cold look crazy.

All summer I seen young teens and 20 something’s wearing them shits. I’m like how the fuck are you wearing that in this 90+ weather, even 70+. It ain’t the winter or fall, it was hot as fuck in July. I see those ugly lesbian dykes wearing them too, that shit made me laugh. There is this one skinny girl that wore them everyday, I would just stare and say to myself “shit why”.

I can agree and feel the cautiousness and be on high alert when I see people with them on. Dudes just look guilty as fuck with them on. Lots of dudes with messy braids and fucked up dreads with them shits. I’m thinking, shit go to the barber or salon and get them shits redone.

It is the start of the winter and ski mask are for this season, but everyone scared of black kids. I swear TRUMP HATS AND BLUE LIVES MATTER (American flag with blue stripped) should be fined $500. Now those mutha fuckas I do NOT FEEL SAFE AROUND AT ALL. Any time I see a Maga Hat or Blue Lives matter I get scared. I see more blue lives matter shirts, hoodies, and decals on cars more than anything. Them Pooh shiesty ski masks may be a small group of youth, but them Blue Lives matter clothes are everywhere and ALL AGES.

Yeah one would be instead of putting more money into stupid shit like ski mask bans how about putting it into after school programs that have been taken away that have been shown to have a direct impact on youth crime.

People been using ski masks to commit crimes for forever. Banning them won't do shit but cause young Black folks to get harassed by police more under the guise of the law.

I agree that money needs to go towards education and after school programs, but I have to point out that neither does anything for the core demographic behind the recent crime waves because they're out of school already. Niggas 18-24 are routinely the niggas arrested for violent crime these days, so after school programs and k-12 education will do ZERO to stop them. That doesn't mean don't put money towards those programs to curb future issues, but a solution for today's problem is needed.

So what's your suggestion for TODAY???

I agree that money needs to go towards education and after school programs, but I have to point out that neither does anything for the core demographic behind the recent crime waves because they're out of school already. Niggas 18-24 are routinely the niggas arrested for violent crime these days, so after school programs and k-12 education will do ZERO to stop them. That doesn't mean don't put money towards those programs to curb future issues, but a solution for today's problem is needed.

Need more jobs especially for black men. I thought of this idea hard about after school programs and thinking about kids. When the real problem are men, young legal men to older. We need jobs and more money. The youth will do dumb things, but grow up. You see it’s always men never really women. Something has to possibly affect men like with more jobs that are closer.

That shit always gets me .. man if they had programs yada yada.. yes they are necessary to the enrichment of the youth but criminals dont give a fuck bout jobs or programs

Niggas need to raise better humans...first and foremost

Last edited:
I’ll say this. Plenty of companies like target, Wawa, Walgreens and Macys have all come in to the city providing jobs and whatnot. All have left. Why? Because of the crime. Shop owners even been putting lead in a few folks lately on the citizens app

Take it up with whoever you need to take it up with. You're acting like people in here are aligning with that side.

im not. You made how you feel about it clear.

Im just speaking on how ridiculous this shit is overall. Aint shootin at nobody

Last edited:
Pre pandemic in Virginia, it was illegal to wear a mask in public, period.

Nobody cried.

It was what it was.

I'm glad you mentioned that:

Pre-2020 pandemic, it was illegal to cover your face in public in Florida, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, California, DC, and New York.

No one batted an eyelash about this either. I do remember it being a thing in Michigan. Used to be on a lot of party store and gas station doors that you couldn't come in with your face covered.

There solution would ve the same for those 18-24. Job programs, livable wages from a system standpoint. From a societal standpoint stop the denegration of blue collar jobs that has existed for the past 30 years or so that's continued to feed this idea of getting rich quick. But no solution is gonna be instant. And no solution that puts more young Black men in the eyes of law enforcement is ever a good thing

I'm glad you mentioned that:

Pre-2020 pandemic, it was illegal to cover your face in public in Florida, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, California, DC, and New York.

No one batted an eyelash about this either. I do remember it being a thing in Michigan. Used to be on a lot of party store and gas station doors that you couldn't come in with your face covered.

Lol I already said this. The issue isn't the face coverings being illegal. The issue is it's clear who this one is going to end up targeting and affecting the most

I don't think it will be some kind of crime deterrent but I just don't see the worth of a fight behind it. This isn't the one.

And please believe they will come up with something else they can use to drain the pockets of young black men then turn around on them as a negative if we don't do it ourselves before they do.

These little trinkets we hold onto like they're sacred is nuts. Just because some rapper cosigns it smmfh.

Idgaf about these masks or the niggas that wanna wear them on some doofy shit making the rest of us that wear them cause its cold look crazy.

It ain't the mask or some rapper. The push back is because basically stop and frisk all over again.

Back