Welcome To aBlackWeb

I also like how they touched more on how the power of the Wendigo is making things happen and it's not just happenstance.

Found it y'all !!!!

There's 3 parts and each is an hour, it's so good. Even the video poster thinks it's way better than the movie. It basically does a dramatization of the books but in audiobook format. Some parts I had to rewind cuz it's so dope.

GOAT shit. Never read the book but I've checked a lot of other king novels. Will have to give this a listen soon

If y'all was Louis and you seen how Church came back would you have buried Gage in the Pet Sematary ?
I'd not had even done church, but if I was him, Church really wasn't that bad so yeah. He just stunk and killed small animals, but that's normal animal behavior.

Always thought the original was wack. Only scary part to me was when the truck came out of nowhere on the original movie. Lol that scared a nigga after that whole movie was dumb.

I'll check for this one though on the firestick of course

So I saw this today and was not impressed. Below is my non spoiler review....

Pet Sematary

This was a remake I was looking forward to, as a major fan of the OG I felt that the stakes were low enough that this would come out on top especially after the trailers. The movie doesn't build up any emotional attachment for the characters the way the original did before it kills them off it just gets right into it assuming the viewer knows the story (which most of us do). Only parts of it are true to the original like the idea of Pet Sematary but towards the end of the movie it goes in a different direction. I was already upset with the idea of them using Ellie Creed as the one who is resurrected instead of her brother and then the brother having the shining but it's not my movie. Jud, Victor Pascow were cold and distant which I didn't think they did a job with. I would definitely say the original Jud in the OG did better at making you feel for him. They stripped smaller parts from the film but they introduced some of the stuff from the book but in a minor way.
I was also mad they didn't showcase Timmy Baterman which I swear one of the trailers show. They reference him but that's it.

With the lack of character buildup certain things (like Victor Pascow) could have just been left out entirely. This movie did do a good job at being creepy and uncomfortable and also did amazing with the gore as well as the "fear factor" I saw several people in the crowd jump numerous times which always makes me laugh. They also did great with the legendary Zelda in that they show her but they don't try to out do that scene from the OG, they give you enough that it's just uncomfortable and just as terrifying, the change the way Zelda died in Rachel's retelling which I thought was quite creative. The actor who played Louis did a great job and the direction was good but the twists and turns were unnecessary and go in a completely different direction which borders on ridiculous and "what the fuck!?" I didn't like how the film ended. My main criticism was that it felt detached which I think harmed the movie. Could have been a Netflix film I would say save your money and wait for it to come out on Netflix. The OG is better to me partly off of nostalgia.

*My overall rating I give it a 6/10*

Smh damn

No Timmy Baterman? maaann thats some bullshit! I swear he was in that trailer bruh. I seent em! Not only that but I heard that the movie took a complete turn and just turned into some goofy/funny shit

Oh and they remixed the old Don't wanna be buried in the pet Sematary song.

Im happy they did this im bout to see if i can find this shit online right now

Atleast they got the Zelda shit right too.. that was the main thing that fucked wit me as a child but fuck them for everything else smh

Last edited by a moderator:
why not bruh ?
Shits be WACK

Like "why I spend $30 on this?" wack

Nothing but wack jump scares and a flimsy plot

Last two movies I seen "scary" was hereditary and Halloween

Never again lol

Hereditary was cool too but only at the end and Halloween I was laughing at that shit at moments

Last scary movie that scared me was scream and I was young as shit

Jump scares that be all in those exorcism movies aren't scary they are sudden noises that naturally make a person jump

Hereditary when the mom chased the son up the stairs was scary as shit though

As an adult your rarely going to find movies that frighten you, the whole reason to going as an adult is really to see some eerie shit with a good story or in the case of Halloween just some slice and dice with a good story with an iconic character. If you going to the movies over 21 to be scared you already failed at the thought of that.

Wait I think you are saying you not going to because you soft. I'm saying it because I be wasting my goddamn money lol

Oh well fuck it...yea man if it's a good one (meaning scary) sorry I dont roll to the theaters...I'd watch that shit at home instead.

Oh well fuck it...yea man if it's a good one (meaning scary) sorry I dont roll to the theaters...I'd watch that shit at home instead.
I feel you.. The trailer for this movie looked good/creepy and I never saw the original but then I did some reading online and they said its about as scary as alien and im like

Curious as to what movie frightens you that you seen as an adult?
Uhhhh....I gotta think man

Honestly hasn't been much I kinda get scared by realistic scenarios

I actually liked "It follows" it was a cool watch.

Was lights out scary? I can't remember.

Badabook was a scary figure and if he was in the movie more doing more it coulda been better for me

Idk man I tend to not even watch scary movies because I know they aren't scary really. Just a bunch of jump scares and musical stabs.

Was hush scary? Ehhh it was very good until the mask came off of him.

Funny thing is i KNOW what would scare me. If a movie had a faceless murderer in it I would barely be able to watch it because it triggers something in me. I guess a phobia

Back