Welcome To aBlackWeb

People 18 Yrs Old & Up In Louisiana Can Now Carry Firearms Without Permit

Headline could be...

"6 Dirty White Honkeys Vote to Cut All Public School Funding in Louisiana and get Kickbacks from All-White Charter Schools"

Y'all would be like.. "whatever.... niggas wasn't going to school anyway"

Shameful.

Are you saying we need to remove illegal firearms? Post is a little confusing.
Will was saying that folks who want to obtain guns are gonna so irregardless of what the laws are. He was saying this to say that this is law is irrelevant for that reason.

The focus should therefore be on a concerted effort to remove illegal firearms, so that people who seek to own one are more inclined to do so legally.

Headline could be...

"6 Dirty White Honkeys Vote to Cut All Public School Funding in Louisiana and get Kickbacks from All-White Charter Schools"

Y'all would be like.. "whatever.... niggas wasn't going to school anyway"

Shameful.

Same niggas in a different thread....

"They tryna make us the face of mass shootings... šŸ˜­"

I swear yall are some fucking weirdos.

Some of yall are confusing up here, haha. It can't be "fuck the police, defend the police, eradicate police departments" AND we need stricter laws. It can't be be "the system is set up to put more black men in prison" AND you don't want the law changed in a way that would keep them out the system.

Every right given to the people is taking a bit of power away from the police. Be happy.

Will was saying that folks who want to obtain guns are gonna so irregardless of what the laws are. He was saying this to say that this is law is irrelevant for that reason.

The focus should therefore be on a concerted effort to remove illegal firearms, so that people who seek to own one are more inclined to do so legally.

It can be fought from multiple angles though. From the police side, find and remove illegal guns. From the citizen side, give them the ability to arm and defend themselves from illegal guns.

Not sure if LA is like AR where 18 year olds can already legally purchase rifles. All the is does is make it where they can legally purchase handguns right?

I never understood that law. A gun is a gun whether rifle or handgun. So why were rifles legal already.
Yea in VA you can get a rifle or shotgun at 18. Hunting shit

I think in the overwhelming majority of states its always been legal for an 18 year old to buy a rifle. I'm talking many decades. There are a handful of states that allow someone as young as 15 to legally possess a rifle. something that's been on the books for quite some time as well.

LMAO - do you guys work for the NRA?

An 18 year old can't drive a car without training, a license and insurance - in fact no one can. There's no rational way to justify that allowing unfettered access to guns to teens will have net positive results.

Unfettered??? They still have to go through a federal background check. And that's been the case for years.

OK I'm gonna need you guys to learn what laws actually mean and after that how cause and effect works.

In between now and then I'm ghost.

Ok...

At the federal level, there's no restriction saying an 18 year old can/can't possess a handgun. States typically set that age.
What Louisiana cannot do, and is not attempting to do, is allow 18 year olds the ability to purchase a handgun. An 18 year old still can't buy a handgun, only a long gun (rifle/shotgun)
This law only allows an 18 year old the ability to carry concealed (provided he/she is legally able to do so); an 18 year old still can't buy a handgun from an FFL.
Louisiana was already an open carry state for 18+ year olds. Oddly, Louisiana is also one of very few states that allow legal possession of a gun by someone under 18 (17 to be specific)

So in reality, not a whole lot changes. Thugnificent and Ray Bob the Meth King and their cronies have been carrying concealed for decades. If you were worried about it before, stay worried about it moving forward 'cause the same niggas you were concerned about are still gonna do the same shit because they're criminals.

Now... Having said all of that, I'm pretty much against this law. Nothing good comes from allowing 18 year olds the ability to carry concealed. The racial aspect of it says now whites now have the ability to kill Black folks wherever they may find themselves if they can justify "feeling threatened". And, well, they're white so their fear will almost always be justified in court.

I voted for the black Democrat

Not cause he was black or cause he was a Democrat but because he had a plan

When Jeff Landry was in the debates, he sounded like Chris Rocks opponent in head of the state. He played off people's emotions to crime and ran off that.

He held a special session to increase funding for police. He's just running the plays out of the Republican playbook
You a fool for still living in Louisiana bro

Government: Let's ban tiktok its detrimental to all US citizens

Also Government: 18yrs old are cool to carry guns on their person with no training

Also also Government: guns don't kill people, people kill people

This country is a joke at best.

I ain't vibing with this worrying about police and white people reacting to black people who own guns argument. Stop asking black people to fix white people and police. That ain't our job and shouldn't be a detourant for black people to own guns. White people and the system need to fix themselves, not us.

Until then, black people that can legally own guns should own guns.

Ok...

At the federal level, there's no restriction saying an 18 year old can/can't possess a handgun. States typically set that age.
What Louisiana cannot do, and is not attempting to do, is allow 18 year olds the ability to purchase a handgun. An 18 year old still can't buy a handgun, only a long gun (rifle/shotgun)
This law only allows an 18 year old the ability to carry concealed (provided he/she is legally able to do so); an 18 year old still can't buy a handgun from an FFL.
Louisiana was already an open carry state for 18+ year olds. Oddly, Louisiana is also one of very few states that allow legal possession of a gun by someone under 18 (17 to be specific)

So in reality, not a whole lot changes. Thugnificent and Ray Bob the Meth King and their cronies have been carrying concealed for decades. If you were worried about it before, stay worried about it moving forward 'cause the same niggas you were concerned about are still gonna do the same shit because they're criminals.

Now... Having said all of that, I'm pretty much against this law. Nothing good comes from allowing 18 year olds the ability to carry concealed. The racial aspect of it says now whites now have the ability to kill Black folks wherever they may find themselves if they can justify "feeling threatened". And, well, they're white so their fear will almost always be justified in court.

The enhanced white fear part of this is weird. You think before this law scared white people were checking black men's ID's and then being like "oh close one... you're only 19, and the law requires you to open carry. And since I don't see a gun, I'll assume I'm safe and you're unarmed"? This law won't change perspective or behavior.

People 18-20 that are already allowed to carry handguns... now they're just allowed to put it under their shirt instead of outside of it.

And is White on black homicide a big thing in LA? Numbers are a few years old, but nationwide like 8-ish (maybe a little lower) out of every 100 black homicides are by white people. Don't fall for the narratives people try to repeat into a truth.

The enhanced white fear part of this is weird. You think before this law scared white people were checking black men's ID's and then being like "oh close one... you're only 19, and the law requires you to open carry. And since I don't see a gun, I'll assume I'm safe and you're unarmed"? This law won't change perspective or behavior.

People 18-20 that are already allowed to carry handguns... now they're just allowed to put it under their shirt instead of outside of it.

And is White on black homicide a big thing in LA? Numbers are a few years old, but nationwide like 8-ish (maybe a little lower) out of every 100 black homicides are by white people. Don't fall for the narratives people try to repeat into a truth.

It's not a narrative I'm repeating. When shit like this comes up, I try to think about it's implications beyond the surface, sometimes this takes you down a rabbithole of race, politics, and other bullshit.

I sat and thought about this law and tried to see how it would be intenionally misused to the detriment of Black folks; what I wrote it was what came to me.

Back