Welcome To aBlackWeb

Parkland, FL High School Shooting/The March For Our Lives Thread

https://www.mediaite.com/online/wat...calls-out-trump-and-nra-at-gun-control-rally/

Parkland Student Passionately Calls Out Trump and NRA at Gun Control Rally

Days after 17 people were killed in a horrific mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, hundreds gathered in nearby Fort Lauderdale for a gun control rally.

At Saturday’s rally — which coincides with President Donald Trump’s visit to the area — Marjory Stoneman Douglas student Emma Gonzalez delivered a fiery speech in which she said that the students were going to help change the laws to stop further mass shootings. And she specifically called out the president and the NRA.

Noting that many are now pointing out accused shooter Nikolas Cruz was ostracized by classmates and the other mental health red flags raised by his prior behavior and actions, Gonzalez exclaimed that even with those warning signs Cruz couldn’t have done as much damage without a gun.

“We know that they’re claiming that there are mental health issues and I am not a psychologist but we need to pay attention to the fact that this isn’t just a mental health issue,” she declared. “He wouldn’t have harmed that many students with a knife! How about we stop blaming the victims for something that was the shooter’s fault?!”

Saying the fault lies with those who helped get the gun in Cruz’s hands and didn’t take it away when he showed “homicidal tendencies,” she then hit the president for his close relationship with the NRA.

“If the president wants to come up to me and tell me to my face that it was a terrible tragedy and how it should never have happened and maintain telling us how nothing is going to be done about it, I’m going to happily ask him how much money he received from the National Rifle Association,” Gonzalez pointedly stated.

After highlighting how much Trump has received in donations from the NRA, she shouted “shame on you” to every politician that has accepted contributions from the gun lobby.

She went on to “call BS” on those who say gun control won’t work to stop shootings:

The people in the government who are voted into power are lying to us. And us kids seem to be the only ones who notice and our parents to call bs. Companies trying to make caricatures of the teenagers nowadays saying all we are is self-involved and trend-obsessed and they hush us into submissions when our message doesn’t reach the ears of the nation. We are prepared to call bs. Politicians, politicians who sit in their gilded houses and Senate seated funded by the NRA telling us nothing could have ever been done to prevent this, we call bs. They say that tougher gun laws do not decrease gun violence. We call bs. They say a good guy with a gun stops a bad guy with a gun. We call bs. They say guns are just tools like knives and are as dangerous as cars. We call bs. No, they say that no laws could have been able to prevent the hundreds of senseless tragedies that have occurred. We call bs. That us kids don’t know what we’re talking about. That we’re too young to understand how the government works. We call bs. If you preregistered to vote, contact your local Congresspeople.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/ins...spect-espoused-racist-and-anti-semitic-views/

Disturbing and Violent Instagram Messages From Florida School Shooter Reveal Hatred For Minorities

Mass shooter Nikolas Cruz, the 19-year-old who gunned down 17 people and injured numerous others in a Parkland, Florida high school on Wednesday, reportedly posted racist and anti-gay comments in an Instagram group chat.

As reported by CNN, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooter spoke to five other people in the chat — which was named “Murica (American flag emoji) (eagle emoji) great” by Cruz — about his hatred for “jews, ni**ers, immigrants.”

The CNN report states:

He talked about killing Mexicans, keeping black people in chains and cutting their necks. The statements were not made in jest. There are hundreds of racist messages, racist memes and racist Instagram videos posted in the group… Cruz said he hated black people simply because they were black; Cruz hated Jews because he believed they wanted to destroy the world.
After one member expressed hatred for gay people, Cruz agreed, saying, ‘Shoot them in the back of head.’

As for his homophobic comments, Cruz said he wanted to “shoot [gays] in the back of head.” He also attacked white women involved in interracial relationships, as he believed they were race traitors, and even his own Jewish birth mother.

“My real mom was a Jew. I am glad I never met her,” Cruz posted.

Cruz used this Instagram account — which touted a bio that read “annihilator” — to post photos of his AR-15 and six other guns, as well as body armor and other tactical gear.

When reached for comment by CNN, one member of the group said of Cruz: “He seemed nice but also had some mental issues. All (I know) is that he likes guns and really hates liberals.”

What-does-Allahu-Akbar-mean-Disturbing-social-media-posts-of-Florida-school-shooting-suspect-who.jpg

Damn.. He sounds like a typical Trump/MAGA fanboy that you’ll find on twitter,talk radio or in the comments section of a Yahoo article...

Last edited:
https://www.mediaite.com/online/its...ng-survivors-rally-against-the-nra-and-trump/

‘It’s Time For Victims to Be the Change’: Parkland Shooting Survivors Slam the NRA and Trump at Gun Control Rally

Victims who survived Wednesday’s mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High in Parkland, Florida united at a rally today to demand change in America’s firearm laws, as well as condemn the NRA and President Donald Trump for fighting against such reforms.

The event, which took place at the Broward County Federal Courthouse, featured several speakers who made it out of the high school while shooter Nickolas Cruz gunned down 17 of their friends, peers, and colleagues.

Emma Gonzales, a sophomore at the impacted high school, slammed the “thoughts and prayers” line that so many Republican lawmakers have trotted out in response to the shooting.

“All these people should be at home grieving,” Gonzales said — per NBC News. “But instead we are up here, standing together, because if all our government and president can do is send ‘thoughts and prayers,’ then it’s time for victims to be the change that we need to see.”

The student went on to slam the lack of “common sense” regarding the Second Amendment and the National Rifle Association for pumping money into the US political system.

“If the president wants to come up to me and tell me to my face that it was a ‘terrible tragedy,’ I’m going to happily ask him how much money he received from the NRA,” Gonzales said.

David Hogg, a 17-year-old suviror who made a name in himself for calling out congressional inaction, continued this message by suggesting money from the gun lobby is responsible for making shootings more common:

“This fight is not going to be easy. This fight is not going to be short. The people and the special interests who want to pass gun laws and make it easier for people to get guns are not going to stop — and we can’t either. Now is the time that we say thank you for your prayers and your thoughts but that’s not enough.”

I will say it’s kinda pushing it saying “18 school shootings”, but regardless, there’s a gun issue at hand.

Those kids mad as hell. Good for them.

Those politicians dont give af tho. Their pockets already swoll, fuck a couple dead kids. Couple dead kids/ppl every few months is the cost of doin bizness when u in the pocket of the NRA

Thoughts n prayers tho.

There’s a lot of negative energy in our environment, though. Something is building to a big event...

I see ppl posting that picture of a rock and a gun talking bout it’s not a good problem but ppl problem.

Yea. But don’t let ppl buy weapons tgat can take out an entire school dumbasses

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/sessions-orders-review-fbi-inaction-tip-shooter

Sessions Orders Review Of FBI Inaction On Tip About Suspected Florida Shooter

Attorney General Jeff Sessions on Friday said he would conduct a review of the FBI’s failure to investigate a tip it received in January warning the bureau about the behavior of the 19-year-old charged with killing 17 people in a Florida school shooting Wednesday.

In a statement, Sessions said he would make the review of the FBI and the Department of Justice’s practices “a top priority.”

“It is now clear that the warning signs were there and tips to the FBI were missed. We see the tragic consequences of those failures,” he said. “The FBI in conjunction with our state and local partners must act flawlessly to prevent all attacks. This is imperative, and we must do better.”

The FBI released a statement on Friday acknowledging the bureau had failed to follow up on a tip from a person close with the alleged shooter, Nikolas Cruz. According to a statement from the agency, the person informed the FBI in January of Cruz’s “gun ownership, desire to kill people, erratic behavior and disturbing social media posts, as well as the potential of him conducting a school shooting.”

Florida Gov. Rick Scott on Friday called the inaction from the FBI unacceptable and demanded that FBI Director Chris Wray resign.

Last edited:
Back